Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori-s
Stats: 176.8/148.9/150 - 5'10"
WOE: JUDDD
Weigh in with suggestions

Hi JUDDD BUDDs!

I thought that I would ask for some suggestions and see what came up. Here is a quick overview of what I've been experiencing since starting JUDDD (which I love!)

On Nov 1 I started at 168.8 and by Dec 1 I was 157.5 (woo hoo!) I started with 500 DD and 1700-1800 UD which were good numbers for me. I like to listen to my body and after 8 days I began totally fasting on DDs because it just worked better for me and it didn't hurt my downward movement so I was happy with that. About a week later I recovered from a knee problem and increased my activity level so decided to increase my calories because I wanted to push my metabolism a bit. At that time I was 27.5 DD and about 2200 UD calories. This seemed to work well for me and I continued to lose and enjoy the JUDDD magic.

BUT THEN!!! Monkey wrench! On Dec 1 I had some medical problems and ended up having emergency surgery and the hospital didn't allow me to continue JUDDDing since I was NPO for 3 or 4 days and then had to start with their liquid diet then BRAT diet. As soon as I was home I went back to JUDDDing and by week 3 in December I was back to losing the good ol' JUDDD way. Gosh I love JUDDD!

BUT THEN!!! Life happens again
Because of my work and recent legislative changes coupled with some after effects from my surgery - I can't eat before or during workdays during the week and I'm not sure if or when this will change. This leaves me scrambling to try and get my calories in during the week in the evening and so I am not hitting my numbers and as a result my weight loss has stopped and I just seem to be maintaining but still want to lose at least 5 more lbs. My JUDDD plan has been thrown off since Jan. 2 and since I'm not hitting JUDDD numbers, I'm going to end up on just an everyday calorie restriction which is definitely not what I want - or to lower my metabolism either.

Here is how my weight numbers are looking:
Last week in Dec. AVERAGE 153.5
Week 1 Jan. AVERAGE 151.4
Week 2 Jan. AVERAGE 149.9
Week 3 Jan. AVERAGE 149.9

I am thinking that perhaps I will go back to my very beginning numbers of 500 and 1800 and as much as I don't want to mess with the alternate day schedule and really enjoy fasting, make M-W-F down days so I have less UD during the week and can hit the numbers easier. So it would look like this: M - W- F (500cals) Tue - Thu - Sun (1800cals) and Sat (1000cals)

I'd really appreciate any input on how this plan looks in light of my circumstances or what you might do in this situation. I know how helpful the JUDDD family is and how putting our minds together we can really come up with some good suggestions. Please remember that I absolutely cannot eat before or during the workday. TIA!!
Lori-s is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Lori,
I think you have really thought it out and I don't see why that wouldn't work for you. My best suggestion would be to try it out for a couple of weeks and see what happens. You can always adjust later if need be.

I'm sorry things have been so crazy for you the last couple of months and I really commend you on your determination. You're doing amazing!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Lori, sorry things have been so crazy and hope your health is improving. Even with all the setbacks, it sounds like you're doing quiet well with your weight loss.

I think your plan sounds fine. That's a common way to do JUDDD so that the DD fall M-W-F every week, and it would give you less stress during the week trying to make your UD calories more often.

sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:40 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
That is exactly my schedule and it really works well for me.
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:11 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
...or what you might do in this situation...please remember that I absolutely cannot eat before or during the workday....
In your situation, it seems like you are pretty much going to be doing Intermittent Fasting, whether you like it or not...not to lead you astray from JUDDD, but I'd say look into something like Fast 5.

Quote:
I'm going to end up on just an everyday calorie restriction which is definitely not what I want - or to lower my metabolism either.
From what I've read, IF does not cause any metabolic slow-down, even though your calories might be naturally restricted on a daily basis because of the limited window. Although of course you could keep the JUDDD calorie cycle of 500/1800. And I've been told that once you have the SIRT genes turned on by the induction period of JUDDD, any type of IF will keep them activated. So you could still be getting the health benefits without being as strict on the DDs or having to get in so many calories on UDs.

I've been doing IF for about 2-3 weeks and on the weekend I am eating higher calories during a longer window (7-8 hours instead of 5, or even eating freely without worrying about a window) to try and keep that "Up Day" feeling and so there is some calorie cycling going on. It's still early to tell but I seem to be losing about a pound a week.
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote