Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 07:03 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member
 
HotMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 589
Gallery: HotMommy
Stats: 5'8 175/127/120-133
WOE: LC primal
Start Date: About 5 years ago
A couple newbie questions!!

I'm new to JUDDD so I'm trying gather as much info as I can!
First, can anybody list the online resources for JUDDD and is there a book?
And what diet/WOE are you on?
HotMommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2012, 07:07 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 13,251
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
If you google JUDDD it will direct you to Dr. Johnson's website. There is a book, but honestly, pretty much everything you need is on his website and what isn't there is here.

As to WOE, I eat whatever I want as long as I respect my calorie limits. I have wine, and bread, and pizza, and . . . you get the picture. I'm losing on average over 3 lbs. per week, just by adhering to less than 500 calorie DDs and 2200 UDs (I have a lot to lose, so I get plenty of UD calories to play with).

HTH.
__________________
Dawn

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:19 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,913
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotMommy View Post
I'm new to JUDDD so I'm trying gather as much info as I can!
First, can anybody list the online resources for JUDDD and is there a book?
And what diet/WOE are you on?
If you do google and put in The UpDayDownDay Diet, you'll get the site. Or, you can just type in JUDDD, and you'll be shown the diet site too.

There is a book. It has almost nothing in it that isn't on the site, for free. The book isn't expensive, there just isn't much to it. The diet is very simple, so not a lot to write about. LOL It's based on some of the earlier studies done concerning length-of-life/calorie restriction & fasting for health, etc. so there are a couple of earlier studies quoted. Some of us have purchased the book. Most of us have not. You can sometimes find it in your local library. But the site will have everything anyway. For free.

And beyond that, this JUDDD Forum will have the REAL nitty-gritty of the plan, how it works in real life, etc. If you can devote a few spare minutes and hours to reading old posts here, you will get a real good education and understanding of the plan and much of the science behind it.

I don't adhere to any other diet plan besides the calorie cycling of JUDDD. I do not do low carb. I do not have any lists of foods I must include or any lists of forbidden foods. Most of my food choices are low and mid-range carb. That's the bulk of my diet, as is normal with most folks. I also include some high carb food choices which would never be considered acceptable to any other formal diet plan, such as fudge frosted chocolate brownies.

I weigh and measure and count calories, loosely these days, for almost all of my DD foods/meals and quite a bit of any UD foods that are new to me. I try to keep a pretty good handle on how much I eat, and what those calorie numbers are coming in at.

I did not do well at very low carb, and felt much better at a much higher carb level. I lost my weight and maintain on that higher carb level. Some remain very low carb although most do not.

Hope you love this plan as much as we do here. It gives you great freedom to eat the way you like and still lose weight or maintain your weight pretty easily.


__________________
Best wishes, Pat

Last edited by SoHappy; 01-21-2012 at 07:21 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:01 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!
 
mykidsteacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,184
Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
JUDDD'ing for one week here.

I lost most of my weight on paleo, and continue that with JUDDD. I discovered through eliminating grains that my body does not like them (makes me horribly gassy/bloated). Since eliminating sugar, I find I can be perfectly satisfied with a couple of bites of a sugary treat, and more than that makes me dizzy/shaky--so I keep that limited too. I'm also lactose intolerant, so limit dairy.

I feel GOOD with no grains, minimal sugar, and little to no dairy, so I stick with it. I eat lots of veggies, some fruits, meat/eggs, and healthy fats. Lots of energy, joint aches and pains have been virtually elimated, no more headaches, and so much more.

One thing I like about JUDDD is that I can "cheat" my woe a little and then have a plan to get back on track and recover from it. I'm hoping that as my body heals, I will be less sensitive to some of these things in the future.

But everyone is different, so you have to find the woe that maximizes your 'feel good'.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member
 
HotMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 589
Gallery: HotMommy
Stats: 5'8 175/127/120-133
WOE: LC primal
Start Date: About 5 years ago
Those are both inspiring answers, I'm glad I don't have to read another book full of scientific facts! Also, the carbs...I don't plan on going all out but on my UD a know I got up around 50 carbs and I was worried, woke up 127 still this morning which honestly, is my best weight in years so it's not disappointing to see especially after my highest carb "good day" in years.
I don't know how many VLC/Atkins/Primal people are here but after 4 years on similar WOE's I have had one to many run ins with carb binges, which I don't think is uncommon after a while of nothing but meat, for the most part. I have good control over them they never stick past a day but make me feel so bad. Anyhow after researching binge eating disorder I found the main cause is restriction. It would be nice to think I could eat a chocolate frosted fudge brownie and not feel a hint of guilt, you know instead of thinking I messed up so might as well go gung ho for the day.
I feel very positive about JUDDD, it sounds like a healthier way to keep my eating under control. Restriction has worked magically for me, I feel great, look great. The UD make it something you can do for life not just for a month out of fear of damaging your metabolism. The best of both worlds pretty much
Now, for the next task! Visit the official website.
HotMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:17 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member
 
HotMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 589
Gallery: HotMommy
Stats: 5'8 175/127/120-133
WOE: LC primal
Start Date: About 5 years ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
JUDDD'ing for one week here.

I lost most of my weight on paleo, and continue that with JUDDD. I discovered through eliminating grains that my body does not like them (makes me horribly gassy/bloated). Since eliminating sugar, I find I can be perfectly satisfied with a couple of bites of a sugary treat, and more than that makes me dizzy/shaky--so I keep that limited too. I'm also lactose intolerant, so limit dairy.

I feel GOOD with no grains, minimal sugar, and little to no dairy, so I stick with it. I eat lots of veggies, some fruits, meat/eggs, and healthy fats. Lots of energy, joint aches and pains have been virtually elimated, no more headaches, and so much more.

One thing I like about JUDDD is that I can "cheat" my woe a little and then have a plan to get back on track and recover from it. I'm hoping that as my body heals, I will be less sensitive to some of these things in the future.

But everyone is different, so you have to find the woe that maximizes your 'feel good'.
Also an inspiring answer, after so many years on VLC fruit is scary to me! Sugar is a sin. As I said with that mentality I started having binges pop up which I never had before. If I could just put it into my head when I cheat that the diet actually permits it...I may be able to cure the problem. It's just so common on VLC (despite the claims "you'll never crave sugar again after induction!) who doesn't think a candy bar looks good no matter how long it's been? I know it won't be a daily allowance or that it will set in over night, but over the long term, if I start seeing it work I may stop obsessing that would be such a blessing.
Thanks for your answer!!
HotMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:44 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!
 
mykidsteacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,184
Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
My dd carbs are averaging 20g, and my UD's are have been between 50-70, and I lost 2 pounds in a week.

But primal isn't necessarily low carb. So I've been eating at that 50-70 gram level for months. If you are vlc, and bump up to a higher level, you may see a bump in weight right at first--water weight. Just expect it, and don't panic over it, and within a week or 2, you will start losing again (from everything I've read here anyway).
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotMommy View Post
And what diet/WOE are you on?
When I started JUDDD, I added carbs back slowly for the first couple UDs (a sandwich and handful of potato chips for example, and the rest still LC). But after that, I just jumped in head first and went hog wild on all the things I'd been denied for months on LC

After a month or so, I seemed to settle down naturally, and started gravitating back to mostly whole, less processed foods that I'd enjoyed on LC but still loving my carbier stuff too.

For example, yesterday what I ate would mostly be considered LC but along with fat and protein in the meals I also had a little sourdough bread, beans and rice, half a bagel, potato chips, wine (not all those carby things at one meal).

I put "moderate" carb in my info to the left, but moderate has no real meaning than what we assign it because one person's moderate is another person's low or high. But looking back over ******, mostly even on my most carby days in early JUDDD, I was eating under 200 carbs. Most of the time was a lot less than that, often under 100 or between 100-150.

These days, it seems I'm naturally going for I would estimate 75% of the whole foods (proteins, fats, veggies, fruits, etc.) and maybe 25% treats/junk/processed.

You will find it takes some time to switch your thinking around after LC and being used to counting carb grams. But you will adjust quickly to counting calories.

And more good news: Some of us don't really count calories anymore since we reached maintenance, but have FDs (free days) of no calorie limit on UDs and no calorie counting! We still do DDs but they are pretty easy to count since you tend to have a lot of the same foods and there isn't as much to count, lol.

Little by little, you will adjust to carbs being a part of your life again. How many you eat and what kinds is up to you and it may change over time as you go along on JUDDD.

It's all very flexible and doable.
__________________
Started JUDDD 10/12/11 after LC.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 01-21-2012 at 11:44 AM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:33 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member
 
HotMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 589
Gallery: HotMommy
Stats: 5'8 175/127/120-133
WOE: LC primal
Start Date: About 5 years ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
When I started JUDDD, I added carbs back slowly for the first couple UDs (a sandwich and handful of potato chips for example, and the rest still LC). But after that, I just jumped in head first and went hog wild on all the things I'd been denied for months on LC

After a month or so, I seemed to settle down naturally, and started gravitating back to mostly whole, less processed foods that I'd enjoyed on LC but still loving my carbier stuff too.

For example, yesterday what I ate would mostly be considered LC but along with fat and protein in the meals I also had a little sourdough bread, beans and rice, half a bagel, potato chips, wine (not all those carby things at one meal).

I put "moderate" carb in my info to the left, but moderate has no real meaning than what we assign it because one person's moderate is another person's low or high. But looking back over ******, mostly even on my most carby days in early JUDDD, I was eating under 200 carbs. Most of the time was a lot less than that, often under 100 or between 100-150.

These days, it seems I'm naturally going for I would estimate 75% of the whole foods (proteins, fats, veggies, fruits, etc.) and maybe 25% treats/junk/processed.

You will find it takes some time to switch your thinking around after LC and being used to counting carb grams. But you will adjust quickly to counting calories.

And more good news: Some of us don't really count calories anymore since we reached maintenance, but have FDs (free days) of no calorie limit on UDs and no calorie counting! We still do DDs but they are pretty easy to count since you tend to have a lot of the same foods and there isn't as much to count, lol.

Little by little, you will adjust to carbs being a part of your life again. How many you eat and what kinds is up to you and it may change over time as you go along on JUDDD.

It's all very flexible and doable.

I actually figured this was another low carb WOE it was only after I did research I went "wait, these people sound like they eat carbs..." that's why I asked about the WOE most of you follow. Tomorrow is my UD and I am quite excited now. Thanks for the advise and info!
HotMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
julietcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Orange County
Posts: 4,221
Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
The book kept putting me to sleep and I gave up after 30 pages. Everything you need to know is on this site and on the JUDDD site! I never really read much on the site but I use the calculator. I used to do low carb but when I started JUDDD in October, I dove head first into carbs. I lost my last few pounds in no time. I went from 118.6 to 113 in about 16 days. I've done a little bouncing around since then but just a pound or 2. I've been hanging around 110-111 the last few days and have to actually eat more to stop losing.
__________________
Julie
44 years old
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,997
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Love to read these encouraging words! I am ending my 1st week of induction and really did not have any problems. I am eating a lot less calories than the calculator recommended for UD, but I seem to have lost 3 lbs. regardless. I can't believe I waited so long to put this in to practice.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!
 
itsmeshelly01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 1,619
Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
I have been eating low carb for years and years and switching to juddd has been wonderful. I have had my ups and downs because I have gained little at first. I started adding carbs in slowly but have gone higher and higher and my body is just now starting to adjust. I have been doing juddd for about 4 weeks. Im still not eating tons of carbs but I have actually had about 150 grams in one day, which is a record for me! Im living this woe. I have more energy than ever and feel better than ever. You will love it!
__________________
New grandbaby! Life is good!<img src=images/smilies/hugs_2011.gif border=0 alt= title=Hugs class=inlineimg />
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #13
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,913
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeshelly01 View Post
I have been eating low carb for years and years and switching to juddd has been wonderful. I have had my ups and downs because I have gained little at first. I started adding carbs in slowly but have gone higher and higher and my body is just now starting to adjust. I have been doing juddd for about 4 weeks. Im still not eating tons of carbs but I have actually had about 150 grams in one day, which is a record for me! Im living this woe. I have more energy than ever and feel better than ever. You will love it!
I think your experience is going to be helpful to some who come after you and find themselves confused and unhappy and even frightened to see the fluctuations on the scale if they attempt to add some carbs back into their own diets.

Glad it all seems to be adjusting a bit more now.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member
 
HotMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 589
Gallery: HotMommy
Stats: 5'8 175/127/120-133
WOE: LC primal
Start Date: About 5 years ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I think your experience is going to be helpful to some who come after you and find themselves confused and unhappy and even frightened to see the fluctuations on the scale if they attempt to add some carbs back into their own diets.

Glad it all seems to be adjusting a bit more now.
I agree, the fluctuations could be a red flag for somebody who didn't expect it. I'm preparing myself for a gain. I've had 80 carbs and most likely over 100 by dinner. I'm really enjoying them though!
HotMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member
 
loveispeakincode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 291
Gallery: loveispeakincode
Stats: 180/132/127
WOE: Somersize/Atkins
Start Date: (around) 4/1/2010
looking into JUDDD..do you mind posting a few sample menus for your up & down days?

thank you!!
loveispeakincode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:29 PM   #16
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 13,251
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
If you take a look in the JUDDD forum, every day there's a new thread started called "It's ____day: What are you eating?" or something similar and you'll be able to see what various people have for UDs and DDs.

If you want measured amounts, etc., and you're on ************, you can friend me there. I'm Keiras_Mom at ************.com and my diaries are publicly viewable. Though be prepared, I don't eat as healthy as a lot of JUDDDers, but it will give you an idea.

Pretty much there aren't any rules as to WHAT you eat, just as long as you respect your UD/DD calorie numbers.

HTHs!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:30 PM   #17
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 13,251
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Oh, I almost forgot, there are also a couple of stickies with down day recipes which are quite helpful. Take a peak if you have some time.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member
 
loveispeakincode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 291
Gallery: loveispeakincode
Stats: 180/132/127
WOE: Somersize/Atkins
Start Date: (around) 4/1/2010
ohhhhh. duh ashley..you know...i've spent a LOT of time reading a lot of posts on here but have NEVER read any of the "its...what are you eating" ones..i've found i cant look at too many recipes or menus haha..makes me hungry :]

but thanks! i'll check that out tomorrow am. gonna try to start this 100% next week..need to do some more research and planning i guess.

thanks!
loveispeakincode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveispeakincode View Post
ohhhhh. duh ashley..you know...i've spent a LOT of time reading a lot of posts on here but have NEVER read any of the "its...what are you eating" ones..i've found i cant look at too many recipes or menus haha..makes me hungry :]

but thanks! i'll check that out tomorrow am. gonna try to start this 100% next week..need to do some more research and planning i guess.

thanks!
Yayyyy, Love, you made it over here! Yes, read around and then if you have any questions, ask away. Someone will be along to help you shortly.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:12 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member
 
loveispeakincode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 291
Gallery: loveispeakincode
Stats: 180/132/127
WOE: Somersize/Atkins
Start Date: (around) 4/1/2010
I'm excited..and ready for a change.I guess I'm just nervous bc low carb does work for me...even if I'm not losing at least I'm not gaining? But I have more to lose and want it off by may 5th..so.bring on the juddd!
Silly ? But do yall drink diet sodas? I just don't think I could handle a dd without a coke zero...even though I'm trying realllllly hard to get off the fake sugars and caffeine.I read yalls menus and theres a lot of coffee,but didn't see much diet soda..
loveispeakincode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #21
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,913
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveispeakincode View Post
I'm excited..and ready for a change.I guess I'm just nervous bc low carb does work for me...even if I'm not losing at least I'm not gaining? But I have more to lose and want it off by may 5th..so.bring on the juddd!
Silly ? But do yall drink diet sodas? I just don't think I could handle a dd without a coke zero...even though I'm trying realllllly hard to get off the fake sugars and caffeine.I read yalls menus and theres a lot of coffee,but didn't see much diet soda..
Welcome! I'll bet you will lose more pounds on JUDDD, especially after any water weight regain if you increase your carbs a bit.

I drink diet sodas only rarely, as I can't stand the taste, LOL, but I'm sure there are folks here who do include them daily and can vouch for being able to lose weight while including a diet soda each day.

Good luck in your weight loss by goal day! Here's to your new slim figure by May 5th!

SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveispeakincode View Post
I'm excited..and ready for a change.I guess I'm just nervous bc low carb does work for me...even if I'm not losing at least I'm not gaining? But I have more to lose and want it off by may 5th..so.bring on the juddd!
Silly ? But do yall drink diet sodas? I just don't think I could handle a dd without a coke zero...even though I'm trying realllllly hard to get off the fake sugars and caffeine.I read yalls menus and theres a lot of coffee,but didn't see much diet soda..
I don't drink them everyday, but probably a few per week. Yeah, coffee is my poison, lol.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member
 
loveispeakincode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 291
Gallery: loveispeakincode
Stats: 180/132/127
WOE: Somersize/Atkins
Start Date: (around) 4/1/2010
Awesome.gonna go ahead and jump in tomorrow with a down day bc i kinda stuffed myself today. May not be perfect but I'm ready to try. I'll post my meals and what not and see what yall think.thanks for the encouragement
loveispeakincode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:51 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member
 
loveispeakincode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 291
Gallery: loveispeakincode
Stats: 180/132/127
WOE: Somersize/Atkins
Start Date: (around) 4/1/2010
oh...thought of more questions (sorry..)

do yall take the pills dr. johnson sells? i had some cheap resveratrol pills from wal mart,but quit taking them bc i heard they MIGHT mess with your birth control..& i'd hate to fix my chub problem, just to create a baby problem..NOT what i need right now.


the only thing i'm kind of worried about is...well..honestly..this reminds me of my diet before i was low carb..i called it my cigarettes & diet coke lifestyle diet..i'd hardly eat for a couple of days & then binge for a day, then starve it out again..so on & so on...
it worked..kind of..except i was also taking adderall & smoking a pack a day...and i quit both of those lovely addictions a year ago...i dont drink anymore either (except on special occasions which is like once every 2-3 months) so i feel like eating is like..the only thing i can do! some days i get busy & stressed & hardly eat, others i get bored & or stressed & pig out. its all a mind game & i know i have will power & i know that "nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels" but...ah..it gets hard :l

sorry..whining..

anyways i know i can do this...this is my 1st dd & luckily i have a chiropractor appointment at 11 & i dont like to eat before i go in.. so far i've had a coke zero & have some celery & laughing cow cheese packed for lunch.

thanks for all the advice :]
loveispeakincode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #25
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 13,251
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I don't think anybody here takes the supplement. There was actually a thread recently where one of the researchers had skewed the results, so it's possible it doesn't help at all anyway.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:41 AM   #26
MLE
Senior LCF Member
 
MLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: French Riviera
Posts: 168
Gallery: MLE
Stats: 175/140/130 5'5"
WOE: Atkins/Crackin'
Start Date: June 2010/New start in 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveispeakincode View Post
I'm excited..and ready for a change.I guess I'm just nervous bc low carb does work for me...even if I'm not losing at least I'm not gaining? But I have more to lose and want it off by may 5th..so.bring on the juddd!
Silly ? But do yall drink diet sodas? I just don't think I could handle a dd without a coke zero...even though I'm trying realllllly hard to get off the fake sugars and caffeine.I read yalls menus and theres a lot of coffee,but didn't see much diet soda..
I can only speak for myself, but diet soda is a must have on DD!! Particularly around 4pm to get over the hump. I used to drink it every day - a few a day - but now I save it for DD only and maybe have one or two. I have also found Perrier to be refreshing on DD's (with a little added lemon/lime, cranberry/berry juice) and the carbonation helps curb the hunger for me. I don't post beverages that do not have calories when I post my menus for some reason, I guess I only think about the numbers.
and enjoy your JUDDDing experience!!
__________________
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
-- Marilyn Mach Vos Savant
___________________________________________
Lost 30lbs. in 6 months with Atkins
Learned the value of carbs with CTFLC
Trying JUDDD on for size
Minigoal - 135lbs.
GOAL - 125lbs.
MLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #27
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 89
Gallery: TallToriV
Stats: 192/179/145 ~ 5'10"
WOE: JUDD with low-mod carbs
Start Date: 1/17/12
Love, you know yourself better than anyone, but I know that this woe has been helpful for me and a few other people who've had issues with not eating consistently in the past. For me, it's a safe and healthy way to have days where I can eat a lot less, knowing that I'll make it up the next day. You just have to be certain to stick to the UD/DD pattern. If you find yourself fasting for multiple days, that's a red flag you ought to listen to. Otherwise, it may be just what you need! Your body is genetically designed to have occasional periods of fasting (thank you, hunter/gatherer ancestors), so you should be able to manage DDs just fine without the cigs once you acclimate. I'd commit to the 2-week induction, and see how it goes, if I were you. If it doesn't work, no big, but you will need the full 2 weeks to tell properly.

That's actually why I'm doing it - I HATE trying to have consistent calorie levels every single day, and know I can never do it long term! This way, I can be my inconsistent self and experience health benefits.
TallToriV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member
 
loveispeakincode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 291
Gallery: loveispeakincode
Stats: 180/132/127
WOE: Somersize/Atkins
Start Date: (around) 4/1/2010
awesome..i read something on fox news the other day saying that those pills were a joke too..go figure..

i think i can do this..i'm at least gonna try..so far i've had 47 calories ha. i think i'm gonna try to tough it out till dinner so i can enjoy 1/2 of my pork chop that i planned on making.

thanks for all the support!
loveispeakincode is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:09 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.