Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 05:23 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Nanner
Stats: 253/229.5/200
WOE: low carb my way
Start Date: This time - 03/18/2013/JUDDD 04/29/2013
How often do you check your calorie intake?

I've just started JUDDD and am very happy so far with the results. I lost 3.5 lb in the last 2 days, so I'm sticking with this. I lost 5.5 last week, starting with Wonderslim and then transitioning to JUDDD. Question is, when do you recalculate your UD/DD calories?

Love the fact that I'm able to have my coffee with creamer and sugar this morning - haven't had it in a week, but this is my 2nd UD and I'm indulging!
Nanner is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2012, 06:04 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
i think most people are doign that every 10lbs lost or so. I have just used the first one i received because thats all i need to lose.
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #3

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
You can set it by how many lbs you've lost or keep going while it's working, and recalculate when you notice weight loss slowing. I've lost 17 lbs with JUDDD and lowered mine once, but only because I like a round number.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
I don't lower mine unless I have to. That's why I track my weight daily and look for patterns in my weight loss. If I can still lose at 1850 calories, I don't want to go lower unnecessarily. Personally, I would only recalculate when weight loss started to slow. HTH.
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:32 AM   #5

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
I don't lower mine unless I have to. That's why I track my weight daily and look for patterns in my weight loss. If I can still lose at 1850 calories, I don't want to go lower unnecessarily. Personally, I would only recalculate when weight loss started to slow. HTH.
This. One of the nicest things that JUDDD can do for us is to rev up our metabolisms some, so they burn a bit faster, and help us stay slim on more calories than we might have been able to pull off previously!

There is something very, very effective for most of us about coming off of that extended low calorie fast and then hitting our body with a full maintenance dose of calories! The big fast contrasted with the full day seems to stimulate metabolism. Many can attest to being able to eat more calories now and still being able to maintain weight loss, and we always have a good laugh about those who can't get their weight loss to stop once they get to goal weight and have to keep upping and upping their calories to finally get weight loss to stop! LOL

If your calorie numbers are still bringing on good weight loss, no reason to change them, and we do keep cals as high as we can while still being able to lose weight. Then, finally, if weight loss seems to be stalling out, that is the signal to re-figure calorie needs and probably lower the UD number a smidge.

There are very few of us who ever really have to lower the calorie numbers. But the sign that your calories are too high is when you do the Up/Down rotation and don't lose weight. It's possible for a few people that their UD calorie number given to them is incorrect for them because they have a very, very broken metabolism. And that's when their true number for loss must be significantly lower than the number they are actually given to start with. It doesn't happen for too many. And even then, JUDDD can usually repair their metabolism quite a bit as they continue on the plan, as it is a very healing plan for some reason. Fasting is known to be good that way.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:43 AM   #6

Gallery: Nanner
Stats: 253/229.5/200
WOE: low carb my way
Start Date: This time - 03/18/2013/JUDDD 04/29/2013
Quote:
You even weigh after an UD?

I get the reasoning, and it makes sense. I will keep track of the weight, but I don't know if I want to weigh on up days.
Nanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:34 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Yes. Every day. Weight bounces come with the territory on JUDDD. For me, it's best to face the reality of that and not pretend that they don't exist. Up, down, up, down...but overall, a downward trend. I know some BUDDDs that weigh daily but then average their week's daily weights to find their average for the week. Maybe that's the way to go...you'll see a steady drop in your weekly average week after week.
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:29 PM   #8
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I do exactly the same as Mommy, I weight every day and have never lowered my calories since starting JUDDD. I keep an eye on my weight and if I feel I'm getting too close to that weight ceiling I have set for myself, I reign myself in and watch a little closer, lower my DDs some, but not much and keep better track with food on my UDs.

Works well this way for me!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #9

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanner View Post
You even weigh after an UD?

I get the reasoning, and it makes sense. I will keep track of the weight, but I don't know if I want to weigh on up days.
Tami, here's a real good way to track your weight loss progress on JUDDD. (Since there are such fluctuations commonly, it's sort of hard to tell if you're actually making much progress sometimes.)

Weigh each morning, as *empty* as you can get. Keep track of that. I actually write it on my calendar. LOL At the end of the week, figure out your average weight for the week. Compare the average of this week with the averages of past weeks. You will almost always see that you are losing weight.

It's fun to see the highs and lows each week as the scale bounces, and fun to know that a low bounce now will be a solid weight shortly.

Once you focus more on the averages over the course of the weeks, you are less upset when you see the bounces UP on the scale.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattsmama
Stats: 188/129.2/135 5'8" 42 yo
Start Date: JUDDD-11/11 to present (LC-5/11-11/11)
I have only upped my UD calories. That is the only "recalculation" I have done. I will not lose if my UD calories are too low. Period. When Andrea mentioned this last year, I noticed the same thing about myself. It has been great!

I don't think I will ever really want to raise my DD calories a lot. I love the way I feel on DDs! (Well, I love the way I feel all the time, really... )
mattsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mammapo
Stats: 184.4/168/140
Start Date: 1/9/ 2009. paused 2/2010. restart 10/30/2011
Quote:
Yes. Every day. Weight bounces come with the territory on JUDDD. For me, it's best to face the reality of that and not pretend that they don't exist. Up, down, up, down...but overall, a downward trend. I know some BUDDDs that weigh daily but then average their week's daily weights to find their average for the week. Maybe that's the way to go...you'll see a steady drop in your weekly average week after week.
I think this is important - so so many of us for years will get giddy when we lose and depressed when we gain, and I think understanding and coming to terms with the fact that the scale changes daily is a really healthy thing.

It's good to look back over two or three weeks, knowing full well we come on here and whine when we gain, and realize that over the course of that time we've actually had a downward trend.

trend - I love that word. Trend is long term phrase....

As for myself, I calculate my DD and UD requirements every week or so, just to be safe... but that's because I am a slow loser and because I can 'drift' if I don't calculate and keep a strict food diary every single day.