Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Anyone Else Have a Certain Item Of Clothing Connected To Their Weight Loss/Gain?

Was thinking about this today.

Nearly 3 years ago I bought a pair of jeans in Next....a size 12 (US 8) and a great, if slightly loose, fit.

They were my first pair of jeans since getting to my 133lb goal, after a year of eating hardly anything...and I loved them. A few weeks after buying them, they accompanied me on my first trip to the USA...Florida...and feature in many of my holiday snaps.

On coming home, I actually found another pair on Ebay...same size and style, and snapped them up for a few pounds. I was surprised to find they were quite a bit bigger than my original pair...and didnt wear them much.

Unsurprisingly, I couldn't keep up the near starvation diet, and my smaller pair of jeans became too tight...and the bigger pair only just fitted

A year or so later I discovered Atkins...and hung those original jeans on my wardrobe door...trying them on every week....and I was disappointed every week for 5 months..i didnt lose a lb on low carb.

I took the plunge to try juddd in August last year...and in 8 weeks those jeans fitted, and in 12 they were loose.

I wear them often, even though they are very faded, they are my favourite pair...and every time I put them on I think "I am now wearing the too tight jeans...AND eating so well" they are a symbol to me of how well juddd has worked for me....and I know if I keep an eye of my juddd numbers, I will never need to move back into the larger pair again!

Does anyone else have an item of clothes that holds a significance to them...something that you cant beleive you ever fitted, or something you cant wait to wear again?

if so, please share your story!

hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
love this! Love your story and glad you are wearing your "too tight" jeans again!

I do have an item of clothing connected to weight loss/gain/loss.

I have always been a normal healthy weight except a few times in my adult life when on SSRIs that caused weight gain until I went off, or the last time I gained from Nov. 2010 until June 2011 when I just sat and ate cookies.

Anyway, I remember going to a concert in early November 2010 (just weeks before the weight gain started). At the time, I was still a normal weight. I wore these dark brown, sleek dress pants that fit perfectly fine. I felt that I looked good in my outfit, and those pants became associated with a happy evening in my life - going to this concert with family and having a good time.

So, when I gained all the weight, I couldn't get them up past my thighs.

I went on LC and tried them on again after a couple months. I could get them over my thighs, but not over my hips

It wasn't until I reached goal with JUDDD that I could wear them again, and I did Even now, when I see them, I catch myself thinking at first, "I can't fit into those pants anymore," and feel a second of sadness/panic. But then I remember, "Yes, I can."

MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Fab story Sophie! Thanks juddd for favourite pants fitting again!

hugs
Jo
x
Old 01-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/150/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I knew my life had changed when I tried on a pair of my slender DD23's jeans and they fit! Since then, she's given me a couple of things she doesn't want.
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:46 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gharkness
WOE: RNY Gastric Bypass 02-02-2007
I, too have a pair of jeans...they are size 8, and they are my "scale."

Today marks three weeks for me on JUDDD. First week....couldn't even get the jeans up over my butt.....Second week, yeah up over my butt, but the waistband wouldn't even come close to touching....This week - if I hold in my breath, just **so**, I can make the two sides touch at the waistband....can't even come close to buttoning them or zipping the zipper - I still have a long way to go, but I can tell there's a difference.

My goal is to wear these jeans the way I used to, which is....didn't even have to unbutton or unzip them to get them on or off!
gharkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:55 AM   #6
WWC
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WWC
Stats: size 14/size 14/size 10
WOE: high protein/lowcarb/JUDDD
Start Date: recommitted 1/12
I haven't really had one single item of clothing that would fit that description (although my Christmas dress this year could have become that--I love it.) For me, it is the ability to go shopping and find clothes to buy because I like them not just that they fit. When I started LCing, 2.5 years ago, I was at my heaviest ever. I would have probably at to go up to a 4X or 30. Shopping consisted of finding things that covered me. Now, I can go shopping and try something on for fit, but also if it is my style and flatters me. I have been down to a size 14 jeans since last spring and haven't been able to move past that (despite LCing.) Then I indulged over Thanksgiving and again over Christmas week or two and found my 14 getting tight and uncomfortable. In the past, that may have set me off on a looonnnnggggg binge and gain, but I don't want to go back. I think this WOE will help me realize that indulge doesn't mean abandon. My jeans are already better after 4 days and I would love to be down a size for my birthday.
WWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cherryhair
Stats: 230.4/215.8/160
Start Date: 1/4/12
I really just want to get unconnected to ALL my fat clothes. I will gladly give them all away.
cherryhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 16/10/8 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD 1850/600
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWC View Post
I think this WOE will help me realize that indulge doesn't mean abandon.
I love that.

I'm currently using a pair of Tommy Hilfiger size 12s. Every time I try them on, they're a little more wearable

This is a great idea for a thread (and I LOVE your new pic, Joedi) and it got me thinking. A few years ago, after losing 40lbs and starting to regain again, I realized that there was more going on than just overeating for me. The real issue was the reasons I was overeating. It took me a couple of years to really and truly learn that I am good enough no matter what weight or size I am. It's only since I honestly accepted that as the truth, that I was able to start losing weight. When my weight and appearance was connected to my feelings about myself, it was literally too emotionally painful for me to focus on it.

I feel very free now, and JUDDD enhances my new perspective! Sorry for rambling, but I guess this came up because now I can actually try those jeans on without hating or berating myself for not being able to get into them yet. And when they're comfortable, I'll be trying on size 10s. But no matter what size, I'll love myself

Thank you again!!
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:30 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 205/188.4/135 5'5.5"
WOE: NK/JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
At the start of 2007, I weighed 208 pounds...my heaviest ever. Even heavier than when I was 9 months preggers with either of my boys. I started that year following WW and lost 15 pounds in about six weeks, then nothing until June when I switched to LC. By the end of the summer I was at my lowest weight since just before my first pregnancy (fall, 2000). I got down to a low of 152.8. I went shopping for all new clothes since I had nothing to wear that fit at all. That Christmas, DH got me the cutest black leather/silver belt as a gift. I that belt...so cute since I was wearing shirts that I would actually tuck in and you could see the belt.

Fast forward a season or two...I found myself struggling to stay completely on-plan with LC and began gaining weight. Lather, rinse, repeat for the next 3 years or so. (I did try JUDDD at one point in there, but left it once summer came...I didn't think I would be able to stand all the *at-home* time while doing DDs). Needless to say, my lovely cute belt got banished to the back of a drawer, useless.

In august of this past year, I tried LC induction to finally get my weight under control. I did it for more than a month. And, while I did have some success, I was eating only 8-15 carbs a day and was feeling deprived and didn't like how restricted I was feeling. Eventually, weight loss stalled and turned to weight gain. Then I came back to JUDDD.

Fast forward to now...my weight loss has been pretty good on JUDDD. Sometimes I struggle to stay within my calorie limits, or my weight loss would be faster, I know. But I continue to lose inches.

Yesterday I pulled out that belt (I needed one to hold up my falling-down pants). It fit!!! AND, I wore it at the second notch. I'm not really ready to go wearing my shirts tucked in again yet. But, my lovely belt that DH got me and I love, is no longer banished to the back of a drawer.

JUDDD rocks!!!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/150/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWC View Post
I haven't really had one single item of clothing that would fit that description (although my Christmas dress this year could have become that--I love it.) For me, it is the ability to go shopping and find clothes to buy because I like them not just that they fit. When I started LCing, 2.5 years ago, I was at my heaviest ever. I would have probably at to go up to a 4X or 30. Shopping consisted of finding things that covered me. Now, I can go shopping and try something on for fit, but also if it is my style and flatters me. I have been down to a size 14 jeans since last spring and haven't been able to move past that (despite LCing.) Then I indulged over Thanksgiving and again over Christmas week or two and found my 14 getting tight and uncomfortable. In the past, that may have set me off on a looonnnnggggg binge and gain, but I don't want to go back. I think this WOE will help me realize that indulge doesn't mean abandon. My jeans are already better after 4 days and I would love to be down a size for my birthday.
I haven't "met" you yet, WWC, so first I want to say Welcome. I can tell already that JUDDD is going to get you where you want to be. So much of the work gets done in our heads, and yours is in the right place. Congrats on the size 14 jeans. It won't be long before you're shopping for size 12's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryhair View Post
I really just want to get unconnected to ALL my fat clothes. I will gladly give them all away.
That was my original goal when I started around 230. I wanted to know that I could NEVER wear ANYTHING I owned again. It felt good to purge that stuff from my closets as I went down the scales. Even buying underwear became a pleasure, because I stopped wearing "granny panties" and started wearing sexy lace thongs (sorry if that's TMI), but it made me feel so good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post
I love that.

I'm currently using a pair of Tommy Hilfiger size 12s. Every time I try them on, they're a little more wearable

This is a great idea for a thread (and I LOVE your new pic, Joedi) and it got me thinking. A few years ago, after losing 40lbs and starting to regain again, I realized that there was more going on than just overeating for me. The real issue was the reasons I was overeating. It took me a couple of years to really and truly learn that I am good enough no matter what weight or size I am. It's only since I honestly accepted that as the truth, that I was able to start losing weight. When my weight and appearance was connected to my feelings about myself, it was literally too emotionally painful for me to focus on it.

I feel very free now, and JUDDD enhances my new perspective! Sorry for rambling, but I guess this came up because now I can actually try those jeans on without hating or berating myself for not being able to get into them yet. And when they're comfortable, I'll be trying on size 10s. But no matter what size, I'll love myself

Thank you again!!
You've made huge strides in your mind and it shows in your body. Congratulations on loving yourself. That's the hardest thing for all women to do, but when you feel more in control of your body, it's definitely easier, I think.
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:46 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
i dont have any clothes because it has been a good 16 years since the birth of my first son since i have been at my lowest and those clothes are long gone. i have gone up and down after each kid but never getting back to goal or even remotely close.

i know with JUDDD i will get there, I am positive.

What i love though is last night I was shopping and there was tons of clearance and I was able to find so much in my new size. I don't need to shop in the plus section any longer and am now in large tops and large bottoms. So nice to not need an X in front.

got some cute clothes are super great prices. but holding off on buying to much because i plan on keeping to go down.

I may start looking at some pants in my goal size and if they are cheap enough i may buy them and hang them up for inspiration.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:50 AM   #12
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
i dont have any clothes because it has been a good 16 years since the birth of my first son since i have been at my lowest and those clothes are long gone. i have gone up and down after each kid but never getting back to goal or even remotely close.

i know with JUDDD i will get there, I am positive.

What i love though is last night I was shopping and there was tons of clearance and I was able to find so much in my new size. I don't need to shop in the plus section any longer and am now in large tops and large bottoms. So nice to not need an X in front.

got some cute clothes are super great prices. but holding off on buying to much because i plan on keeping to go down.

I may start looking at some pants in my goal size and if they are cheap enough i may buy them and hang them up for inspiration.
I love this. Exactly what I'm thinking. I'm within 0.2 lbs of my first goal (DD today, so I KNOW I'm going to be there tomorrow) and I told myself I'd buy 1 cute pair of jeans when I hit that goal. I plan to shop today for my new jeans. I then intend to buy another cute pair of jeans at 25 lb increments so I always have at least one pair of pants that fit well. Congratulations on being able to shop in the regular section! I haven't been there since I got married (and I think that lasted about 3 days) almost 9 years ago!

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:46 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HotMommy
Stats: 5'8 175/127/120-133
WOE: LC primal
Start Date: About 5 years ago
7 for all mankind jeans, size 26 (that's somewhere between a 2 and 4 I believe). At almost $200 they have reminded me to stick to my WOE no matter what!

Last edited by HotMommy; 01-21-2012 at 04:48 PM..
HotMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:48 AM   #14

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I love reading these stories. I have one little outfit from when I was very young and very skinny (would never attempt to go back to that weight) and a couple of my big fat lady blouses that I hang onto as a reminder and a warning!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:39 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: belfrybat
WOE: Lowish carb (formerly on Protein Power)
Not any one article, but a medium sized box full! I lost a bucket load of weight 3-4 years ago and purchased new (to me) clothes from a local thrift shop that fit me really, really well. Three dresses, several slacks, tops, and skirts. When I put on the weight last year, I packed up my favourites knowing I would get back down to them. I left one sheath dress hanging in my closet and that is my test dress -- when I can wear that comfortably, I will open the box up and have a blast looking at and trying on all those clothes.
belfrybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:09 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belfrybat View Post
Not any one article, but a medium sized box full! I lost a bucket load of weight 3-4 years ago and purchased new (to me) clothes from a local thrift shop that fit me really, really well. Three dresses, several slacks, tops, and skirts. When I put on the weight last year, I packed up my favourites knowing I would get back down to them. I left one sheath dress hanging in my closet and that is my test dress -- when I can wear that comfortably, I will open the box up and have a blast looking at and trying on all those clothes.
This is funny. About three months ago, I finally faced the "fact" that I was never going to get back down to my lowest weight...and I would just have to deal with it, and in the meantime, maybe I could make some people happy by giving them my lightly-worn small clothes.

But I never quite made it out to the car with them. I put them in my storage room and there they sat. Until last night. I brought them back into my dressing room, and after my latest surprise - being able to zip my tightest jeans again - I am planning to go back through them and see what I can drag back out for future use! It's a wonder I didn't put those smallest jeans in there, but I kept them for sentimental value.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Ta-da! Here are "le brown dress pants" that I've mentioned as GOAL PANTS since I started LCF. They are nothing special, just Walmart dress pants, but as I said above, they are connected to a happy time when I was at a normal, healthy weight. Now I can wear them again.

sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:11 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

LOOK AT YOU, skinny thing! That's wonderful!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 16/10/8 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD 1850/600
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
You go girl! Rockin' those skinny pants!!
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #20

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Looking good! How fun to be able to return to previous happy pants.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
What a great thread! Love all the stories.

I have two. One is a goal dress and one is now a pair of gone pants.

At my DS's wedding in 2002 I wore the cutest little black dress with a matching swing coat to the rehearsal dinner in size 10. I weighed 175-180 but thought I was fat. Now when I look back at those photos and the ones at the wedding with a gorgeous mother-of-the groom gown, I look thin! I have the little black dress hanging in the front of my closet and try it on about once a month. Last month I could get it on and zipped up as far as my chest. It's my goal dress.

The pants were my black "go-to" dress pants, size 18. They got to the point of being so tight I had to suck in my breath to button them. I started LC ing on August 1st and kept wearing them as they got baggier and baggier and then until they would not stay up any more.

I went from a size 18 tight pants and jeans to now a size 12 comfortable jeans and pants.

When I get to 180, with lots of cardio and strength training, I hope to be able to zip up that little black dress!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:01 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/150/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Whatever gets me to goal...
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Ta-da! Here are "le brown dress pants" that I've mentioned as GOAL PANTS since I started LCF. They are nothing special, just Walmart dress pants, but as I said above, they are connected to a happy time when I was at a normal, healthy weight. Now I can wear them again.

Woohoo Sophie! What size is that, size teeeeenyweeenie?
LadyKT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:42 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Those pants fit you like a dream, Sophie! A good pair of pants is a joy, I find it hard to get such a thing, they are either too short or too big on the waist!

I wonder if men dieters get attached to certain items of clothing like we do? I posted here and on the main board, and all the replies have been from women!

Hugs
Jo
X