Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member
 
Jenn1225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Crying in the bakery
Posts: 102
Gallery: Jenn1225
Stats: 255/175/145
WOE: Was LC'ing, now JUDDD Newbie
What happens when you skip a DD?

My family decided to have an actual family dinner for once and I'd like to be apart of it. The only problem is that its a DD for me. How much will the scale be effected if I do two UDs in a row?
Jenn1225 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
MintQ8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Salalah, Oman
Posts: 4,345
Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6/239.2/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 9 June 2013
If you can plan for this in advance - turn to it as follows:

If it should be

DD
UD
DD

change it as follows:

DD
MD = Medium Day
UD = Day of eating with family

If you can't - just make the next day a DD and enjoy - so long as it doesn't happen all the time - it may slow you down a bit - but if the SIRT gene has been activated it should see you through.
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
MintQ8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Salalah, Oman
Posts: 4,345
Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6/239.2/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 9 June 2013
If you are in the first 2 weeks - you perhaps shouldn't have 2 UD in a row - but life happens - you're not going to damage the process!!!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member
 
mattsmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sunny SoFla
Posts: 608
Gallery: mattsmama
Stats: 188/129.2/135 5'8" 42 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD-11/11 to present (LC-5/11-11/11)
If you have time to plan, simply make the DD a MD. Save your calories for the family gathering. Certainly don't miss out. That is not what JUDDD is about. Have a great time, and then go right back to your regular rotation. You may see a little jump, but that is how this works. The scale really bounces!
Have a great time, and don't worry. The magic works over time!
mattsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,913
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn1225 View Post
My family decided to have an actual family dinner for once and I'd like to be apart of it. The only problem is that its a DD for me. How much will the scale be effected if I do two UDs in a row?
Not much. If this is only an occasional incident, I doubt you'll notice any great harm done. Just have the DD the following day and go on from there. JUDDD is very forgiving! That's one thing I really appreciate about it. Some plans would be messed up for several days. With JUDDD, you just pick up where you paused, and start in again.

(If you do this fairly regularly, I'd expect weight loss to really suffer. And possibly appetite regulation to suffer too.)
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!
 
Knittering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,709
Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
I skipped a lot of DDs over the holidays (four of 'em, to be exact) and only regained a couple of pounds, which I promptly lost after a couple of good DDs. One of my favorite things about JUDDD is how forgiving it is.

Enjoy your family dinner!
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,027
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knittering View Post
I skipped a lot of DDs over the holidays (four of 'em, to be exact) and only regained a couple of pounds, which I promptly lost after a couple of good DDs. One of my favorite things about JUDDD is how forgiving it is.

Enjoy your family dinner!
This is good to know! I just got back from a week long Florida vacation. Some of my DDs turned to UD at the end of the day because of big dinners out. At the end of the week, I'm up 1.8 after a UD yesterday. Back to DD today and planning to get back into the rotation with maybe lowering the carb intake. I went a bit nuts Everything from chocolate volcano desserts at a luau to a humungous amount of restaurant french fries yesterday! My metabolism must be kicking in to high gear because in days gone by, that 1.8 would have been waaaaay higher!
__________________
Yam-Yam

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,913
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
This is good to know! I just got back from a week long Florida vacation. Some of my DDs turned to UD at the end of the day because of big dinners out. At the end of the week, I'm up 1.8 after a UD yesterday. Back to DD today and planning to get back into the rotation with maybe lowering the carb intake. I went a bit nuts Everything from chocolate volcano desserts at a luau to a humungous amount of restaurant french fries yesterday! My metabolism must be kicking in to high gear because in days gone by, that 1.8 would have been waaaaay higher!:jumpjoy:
Looks like it! (Starts chanting, "JUDDD Magic.. JUDDD Magic.. JUDDD Magic....")
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member
 
ollie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 97
Gallery: ollie
Stats: 184/174/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 01/03/2012
I just LOVE that there are ways to plan for special occasions with JUDDD and not TOTALLY undo what you've been working for. I'm only in my 3rd week (actually on day 17 today) and have had a couple MD, and stll have lost 6.5 pounds. So far I feel like JUDDD is an AMAZING woe. I've actually started to look forward to my DDs.
ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,913
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
I just LOVE that there are ways to plan for special occasions with JUDDD and not TOTALLY undo what you've been working for. I'm only in my 3rd week (actually on day 17 today) and have had a couple MD, and stll have lost 6.5 pounds. So far I feel like JUDDD is an AMAZING woe. I've actually started to look forward to my DDs.
Ha! You're hooked!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!
 
SillverOrchid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Pennsburg, PA
Posts: 6,568
Gallery: SillverOrchid
Stats: Highest weight 214\209.5/180/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 13 Restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
I just LOVE that there are ways to plan for special occasions with JUDDD and not TOTALLY undo what you've been working for. I'm only in my 3rd week (actually on day 17 today) and have had a couple MD, and stll have lost 6.5 pounds. So far I feel like JUDDD is an AMAZING woe. I've actually started to look forward to my DDs.
SillverOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!
 
SillverOrchid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Pennsburg, PA
Posts: 6,568
Gallery: SillverOrchid
Stats: Highest weight 214\209.5/180/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 13 Restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Ha! You're hooked!
Me too!
SillverOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:40 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.