Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   What happens when you skip a DD? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/754405-what-happens-when-you-skip-dd.html)

Jenn1225 01-20-2012 12:50 PM

What happens when you skip a DD?

My family decided to have an actual family dinner for once and I'd like to be apart of it. The only problem is that its a DD for me. How much will the scale be effected if I do two UDs in a row?

MintQ8 01-20-2012 12:53 PM

If you can plan for this in advance - turn to it as follows:

If it should be

DD
UD
DD

change it as follows:

DD
MD = Medium Day
UD = Day of eating with family

If you can't - just make the next day a DD and enjoy - so long as it doesn't happen all the time - it may slow you down a bit - but if the SIRT gene has been activated it should see you through.

MintQ8 01-20-2012 12:54 PM

If you are in the first 2 weeks - you perhaps shouldn't have 2 UD in a row - but life happens - you're not going to damage the process!!!

mattsmama 01-20-2012 12:55 PM

If you have time to plan, simply make the DD a MD. Save your calories for the family gathering. Certainly don't miss out. That is not what JUDDD is about. Have a great time, and then go right back to your regular rotation. You may see a little jump, but that is how this works. The scale really bounces!
Have a great time, and don't worry. The magic works over time!

SoHappy 01-20-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenn1225 (Post 15346707)
My family decided to have an actual family dinner for once and I'd like to be apart of it. The only problem is that its a DD for me. How much will the scale be effected if I do two UDs in a row?

Not much. If this is only an occasional incident, I doubt you'll notice any great harm done. Just have the DD the following day and go on from there. JUDDD is very forgiving! That's one thing I really appreciate about it. Some plans would be messed up for several days. With JUDDD, you just pick up where you paused, and start in again.

(If you do this fairly regularly, I'd expect weight loss to really suffer. And possibly appetite regulation to suffer too.)

Knittering 01-20-2012 01:22 PM

I skipped a lot of DDs over the holidays (four of 'em, to be exact) and only regained a couple of pounds, which I promptly lost after a couple of good DDs. One of my favorite things about JUDDD is how forgiving it is.

Enjoy your family dinner!

Yam-Yam 01-20-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knittering (Post 15346795)
I skipped a lot of DDs over the holidays (four of 'em, to be exact) and only regained a couple of pounds, which I promptly lost after a couple of good DDs. One of my favorite things about JUDDD is how forgiving it is.

Enjoy your family dinner!

:goodpost: This is good to know! I just got back from a week long Florida vacation. Some of my DDs turned to UD at the end of the day because of big dinners out. At the end of the week, I'm up 1.8 after a UD yesterday. Back to DD today and planning to get back into the rotation with maybe lowering the carb intake. I went a bit nuts :sick: Everything from chocolate volcano desserts at a luau to a humungous amount of restaurant french fries yesterday! :eek::eek: My metabolism must be kicking in to high gear because in days gone by, that 1.8 would have been waaaaay higher!:jumpjoy:

SoHappy 01-20-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 15346816)
:goodpost: This is good to know! I just got back from a week long Florida vacation. Some of my DDs turned to UD at the end of the day because of big dinners out. At the end of the week, I'm up 1.8 after a UD yesterday. Back to DD today and planning to get back into the rotation with maybe lowering the carb intake. I went a bit nuts :sick: Everything from chocolate volcano desserts at a luau to a humungous amount of restaurant french fries yesterday! :eek::eek: My metabolism must be kicking in to high gear because in days gone by, that 1.8 would have been waaaaay higher!:jumpjoy:

Looks like it! (Starts chanting, "JUDDD Magic.. JUDDD Magic.. JUDDD Magic....") :laugh:

ollie 01-20-2012 01:55 PM

I just LOVE that there are ways to plan for special occasions with JUDDD and not TOTALLY undo what you've been working for. I'm only in my 3rd week (actually on day 17 today) and have had a couple MD, and stll have lost 6.5 pounds. So far I feel like JUDDD is an AMAZING woe. I've actually started to look forward to my DDs.

SoHappy 01-20-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollie (Post 15346866)
I just LOVE that there are ways to plan for special occasions with JUDDD and not TOTALLY undo what you've been working for. I'm only in my 3rd week (actually on day 17 today) and have had a couple MD, and stll have lost 6.5 pounds. So far I feel like JUDDD is an AMAZING woe. I've actually started to look forward to my DDs.

Ha! You're hooked! :laugh: :up:

SillverOrchid 01-20-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollie (Post 15346866)

:goodpost:

SillverOrchid 01-20-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15346880)
Ha! You're hooked! :laugh: :up:

Me too! :laugh: