Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Moving around UDs question- (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/754399-moving-around-uds-question.html)

hay 01-20-2012 12:17 PM

Moving around UDs question-

Do you guys have weeks where you have to adjust your schedules a little bit to accommodate certain UDs? I obviously would like to stick to a semi-normal schedule as much as possible, but I'm sure there will be instances where it would be ideal to do a little shifting. Is this overly detrimental or a normal part of this WOE?

SoHappy 01-20-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hay (Post 15346625)
Do you guys have weeks where you have to adjust your schedules a little bit to accommodate certain UDs? I obviously would like to stick to a semi-normal schedule as much as possible, but I'm sure there will be instances where it would be ideal to do a little shifting. Is this overly detrimental or a normal part of this WOE?

It wasn't too long before I realized that all of the fun social occasions of my life would be coming around, and it was going to just be the luck of the draw whether they fell on Up Days, when I could enjoy the foods of the festivities, or whether these occasions fell on a DD, when I wouldn't be able to participate very fully.

When I realized that I could alter my UD/DD schedule very easily as needed to make ALL future occasions that included foods as a part of the festivities fall on Up Days... at will, it was a real fun realization! :laugh: Now there is never a party, meet-up with friends, Holiday, social occasion of any kind that doesn't fall on an UD in my life. I see to that! LOL

Use the MD (Medium Day) to alter your rotation. Think of it as a line of people, all standing in line to enter the theater. All dressed in blue/red/blue/red... and somebody wearing green budges into the line! He doesn't take the place of anyone... they are all still in perfect order and will still proceed in the same order as they are lined up, but green has pushed everyone behind him back a notch. :laugh:

hay 01-20-2012 12:38 PM

LOL -- thanks, Pat! That really helps. As I'm sure most understand, not every week pans out in the same way. It's so nice to know that flexibility is possible. I really, really hope this works for me!

Kissa 01-20-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15346652)
Use the MD (Medium Day) to alter your rotation. Think of it as a line of people, all standing in line to enter the theater. All dressed in blue/red/blue/red... and somebody wearing green budges into the line! He doesn't take the place of anyone... they are all still in perfect order and will still proceed in the same order as they are lined up, but green has pushed everyone behind him back a notch. :laugh:

Brilliant description of the MD. You have a real way with words Pat. :)

SoHappy 01-20-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hay (Post 15346678)
LOL -- thanks, Pat! That really helps. As I'm sure most understand, not every week pans out in the same way. It's so nice to know that flexibility is possible. I really, really hope this works for me!

I can't believe it won't. Just read a ton here, and post with us when you have time. If you run into any little problem at all, seek advice and support about it here to get it figured out.

I think you will find and maintain the weight you are after, and gain great health benefits at the same time. And enjoy a normal and realistic and happy relationship with food and how it fits into your life. Forevermore.

MintQ8 01-20-2012 12:44 PM

Love it Pat - what a great way of explaining it.

Kissa 01-20-2012 12:50 PM

Lol, 3 posts together, 1 from the States, 2 from the same home in the UK, got to love LC Friends!