Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Is it just me? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/754379-just-me.html)

sungoddess 01-20-2012 09:49 AM

Is it just me?

I am wondering if anyone else is like this. I have an easier time with my DD days then my UDs. I can stay pretty close to my calorie limit on the down days, but when it comes to the up days, I really am finding I am eating excess calories. I am to eat about 1900 for up days and I keep going way above it. It is like once I start to eat, I can't stop. I am better not eating at all.:sad: This seems to be a pattern with me with any eating plan I am on. Once I start eating, I don't want to stop. :dunno:Any advice from others regarding this?

DeeLen 01-20-2012 10:01 AM

Check out this thread that I posted a week or so ago--http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...truggling.html
I was having the same problem. Great advice in this thread!

Knittering 01-20-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Once I start eating, I don't want to stop.
I'm the same way. UDs are such a struggle right now but I'm hoping that as with DDs, they will get easier with time.

What is helping me (somewhat) is:
-Delaying that first meal until at least noon.
-Planning all my meal and not just snacking through the day (a recipe for disaster.)
-Picking one of my meals to be calorie-rich and indulgent, and making the other two pretty modest.
-Using my DD recipes but with a little more fat/protein.
-Drinking lots of water and brushing teeth after meals.
-Reminding myself that I can eventually have all the things I missed while LCing, but I don't need to have them all TODAY. ;)

SoHappy 01-20-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sungoddess (Post 15346161)
I am wondering if anyone else is like this. I have an easier time with my DD days then my UDs. I can stay pretty close to my calorie limit on the down days, but when it comes to the up days, I really am finding I am eating excess calories. I am to eat about 1900 for up days and I keep going way above it. It is like once I start to eat, I can't stop. I am better not eating at all.:sad: This seems to be a pattern with me with any eating plan I am on. Once I start eating, I don't want to stop. :dunno:Any advice from others regarding this?

I believe that after you have been on JUDDD for awhile, this *compulsion* will fade away, as many/most of us find this plan gives us a more normal response to food and how we react to the freedom to have it. We come to truly, truly.. all the way to the core of our brain, come to understand and believe and accept that we can have anything forever, and so the compulsions that drive us seem to just fade away.

However you can work on some coping skills to help you in the meantime. One of the best skills to develop at the beginning is to actually make a plan and then follow the plan.. which means, actually planning a menu for your UD, and then following it. You can accumulate a whole notebook of Up Day menus, right down to what serving size of what food, and finally the calorie tally at the bottom. But regardless of whether you go to this extent, it's a good idea to go into an UD with an idea of what you're going to eat.
One of the best skills is to actually measure out your UD foods and servings and track the calories as you prepare your meals.

If you are to come in at about 1900 calories on UDs, it also helps to take your day apart, and break it down into feeding/mealtime segments by calories you will devote to each meal. For example, plan a breakfast of 300 calories, a lunch of 500 calories, an afternoon teatime snack of 200 calories, a supper of 700 calories, and a late evening snack of 200 calories. Or maybe it works best for you to have 3 meals, each about 600 to 650 calories each. Know yourself, and then work out your day to best match up with the preferences of the real inner you. :)

TallToriV 01-20-2012 10:39 AM

:goodpost:

sophiethecat 01-20-2012 10:49 AM

Good replies, and also I was wondering if you have been on LC and were able to eat and feel full on it? If so, you might try to eat more LC foods like protein with some good fat, veggies, and then have a portion of higher carb food as a side, like some potatoes, pasta, good bread, etc. And let yourself have one or two indulgences (portioned out) per UD... until your body and mind settle into this new way of eating. Because in a month or so, you may find that you're doing a lot better in this regard. It sinks in that nothing is off limits and you don't have to have it all right now. And you start wanting things the majority of the time that are better for our body anyway than candies and sweets, fast foods, etc, or whatever the case may be.

And planning your UDs ahead of time was crucial for me. I would log in all the foods/meals on ****** ahead of time along with how much I'd likely eat and tally up the calories. Of course if meals changed as the day went on, I'd make changes on ****** too, but would try to land it right around those UD calories.

sungoddess 01-20-2012 11:31 AM

I was feeling a bit teary-eyed this morning and I am so glad I posted. All of you are simply wonderful in helping problem solve. This is a wealth of excellent information and I feel positive again.:jumpjoy: What a great group of people you are. Thank you so much.:heart:

SoHappy 01-20-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sungoddess (Post 15346466)
I was feeling a bit teary-eyed this morning and I am so glad I posted. All of you are simply wonderful in helping problem solve. This is a wealth of excellent information and I feel positive again.:jumpjoy: What a great group of people you are. Thank you so much.:heart:

If you have any, any, any concerns about the least little thing or least little trouble... post the concern here! Way better to get a great bunch of ideas to help strength you, or shine the light down a little different path that leads to much easier success.

I always feel disappointed when folks try JUDDD, quietly on their own, run into a problem that we could almost undoubtedly help with, with a little bit of tweaking one way or another, and they fade away again, having failed to see the success that fills this forum with joyful posts of weight loss.

You can be successful, and undoubtedly will be. We all lean on each other for support, and share the good ideas, and help each other to the Winner's Circle.