Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 04:07 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Majella
Stats: 191/183/132
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013
The Joy Of Cooking

For years I havent looked at my lovely cook books becasue I've always been trying to do some sort of LC woe. But now I can so next week I'm making Swedish meatballs, I found a lovely recipe online I'd like to try. Such a small revelation which has made me so happy. Funny isn't it?
Majella is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2012, 05:29 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
Omg i did the exact same thing....All the fun finger foods for the game this sunday! I dusted off my old fav cookbooks gonna make meatballs of Swedish decent too yay fun stuff again nothing off limits is making me giddy
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:36 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Yes, it's WONDERFUL, guys!!! No recipes are off limits, and I can browse my fave recipe site - allrecipes, and know I can make anything.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:01 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Enjoy! The Joy of Real Ingredients. The Joy of Real Foods. The Joy of Cooking. The Joy of Eating.

The Joy of Being on JUDDD. The Joy of Getting Slim!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:03 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DeeLen
Stats: (286.6 before WLS)
WOE: WLS 4/25/06
I think it's wonderful!
DeeLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:14 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grace
Oh my gosh, Majella. I've done the same thing. Cooking is my passion. Just a few days before I even knew JUDDD existed I was so weary of the foods on my low carb way of life that I decided to heck with it, one day a week I'm going to throw low carb to the wind and one day a week cook something wonderful out of Around My French Table or Zuni Cafe or A Platter of Figs or Mangoes and Curry Leaves or any of my Barefoot Contessa books. I read these beautiful cookbooks and seek out the lowest carb of the recipes but still feel guilty when I fix them. I hadn't even gotten to "the day" yet when I discovered JUDDD. I just don't believe in accidents so I believe my decision to periodically indulge in my passion and finding a way of life that embraces it was just supposed to be my path. I've been doing this now for 2 weeks, feeding my soul as well as my body and have lost 9 pounds. I cannot express how grateful I am to all you folks who write daily to encourage those of us new to this profoundly rewarding food plan.
Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:01 AM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
Oh my gosh, Majella. I've done the same thing. Cooking is my passion. Just a few days before I even knew JUDDD existed I was so weary of the foods on my low carb way of life that I decided to heck with it, one day a week I'm going to throw low carb to the wind and one day a week cook something wonderful out of Around My French Table or Zuni Cafe or A Platter of Figs or Mangoes and Curry Leaves or any of my Barefoot Contessa books. I read these beautiful cookbooks and seek out the lowest carb of the recipes but still feel guilty when I fix them. I hadn't even gotten to "the day" yet when I discovered JUDDD. I just don't believe in accidents so I believe my decision to periodically indulge in my passion and finding a way of life that embraces it was just supposed to be my path. I've been doing this now for 2 weeks, feeding my soul as well as my body and have lost 9 pounds. I cannot express how grateful I am to all you folks who write daily to encourage those of us new to this profoundly rewarding food plan.
You have just written something that is going to encourage others here too, you know.

I'm so absolutely happy to read your post here, and delighted that JUDDD is not just working for you for weight loss, but is opening up a way of dealing with meals and menus and how we can enjoy the *experience* of cooking and dining in our lives at the same time we manage our health and body weight.

So glad you discovered JUDDD and are here on the JUDDD forum with us!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:05 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Yayyy, Grace! 9 pounds in 2 weeks - WHOOO HOOO!

I love that I can use the recipes in my cookbooks too! I had just perfected my homemade pizza crust and then had to quit making it when I went on LC Now I can make it and any artisan breads I want to try (I'm not good at bread-making, but there's something about doing it every once in a while that makes me feel good).
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #9
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
This is truly an inspiration to us all! WTG on the 9 months , and enjoy NOT feeling guilty anymore and LOVING food again!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:24 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Majella
Stats: 191/183/132
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013
Grace congratulations!!! I find myself on my UD suddenely stopping myself mid bite and thinking is this food allowed lol I'm so used to LCing and watching everything that goes in my mouth
Majella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grace
I know what you mean, Majella. I enjoyed a wonderfully sweet crisp Honey Crisp apple today without thinking I was being naughty! I love what Pirate Jenny said. "Murder bad. Cake good."
Grace is offline   Reply With Quote