Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   The Joy Of Cooking (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/754328-joy-cooking.html)

Majella 01-20-2012 05:07 AM

The Joy Of Cooking

For years I havent looked at my lovely cook books becasue I've always been trying to do some sort of LC woe. But now I can :jumpjoy: so next week I'm making Swedish meatballs, I found a lovely recipe online I'd like to try. Such a small revelation which has made me so happy. Funny isn't it?

mayleesa 01-20-2012 06:29 AM

:DOmg i did the exact same thing....All the fun finger foods for the game this sunday! I dusted off my old fav cookbooks gonna make meatballs of Swedish decent too yay fun stuff again nothing off limits is making me giddy

sophiethecat 01-20-2012 06:36 AM

:jumpjoy: Yes, it's WONDERFUL, guys!!! :jumpjoy: No recipes are off limits, and I can browse my fave recipe site - allrecipes, and know I can make anything.

SoHappy 01-20-2012 07:01 AM

Enjoy! The Joy of Real Ingredients. The Joy of Real Foods. The Joy of Cooking. The Joy of Eating. :laugh:

The Joy of Being on JUDDD. The Joy of Getting Slim!

DeeLen 01-20-2012 08:03 AM

I think it's wonderful! :clap:

Grace 01-20-2012 08:14 AM

Oh my gosh, Majella. I've done the same thing. Cooking is my passion. Just a few days before I even knew JUDDD existed I was so weary of the foods on my low carb way of life that I decided to heck with it, one day a week I'm going to throw low carb to the wind and one day a week cook something wonderful out of Around My French Table or Zuni Cafe or A Platter of Figs or Mangoes and Curry Leaves or any of my Barefoot Contessa books. I read these beautiful cookbooks and seek out the lowest carb of the recipes but still feel guilty when I fix them. I hadn't even gotten to "the day" yet when I discovered JUDDD. I just don't believe in accidents so I believe my decision to periodically indulge in my passion and finding a way of life that embraces it was just supposed to be my path. I've been doing this now for 2 weeks, feeding my soul as well as my body and have lost 9 pounds. I cannot express how grateful I am to all you folks who write daily to encourage those of us new to this profoundly rewarding food plan.

SoHappy 01-20-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grace (Post 15345654)
Oh my gosh, Majella. I've done the same thing. Cooking is my passion. Just a few days before I even knew JUDDD existed I was so weary of the foods on my low carb way of life that I decided to heck with it, one day a week I'm going to throw low carb to the wind and one day a week cook something wonderful out of Around My French Table or Zuni Cafe or A Platter of Figs or Mangoes and Curry Leaves or any of my Barefoot Contessa books. I read these beautiful cookbooks and seek out the lowest carb of the recipes but still feel guilty when I fix them. I hadn't even gotten to "the day" yet when I discovered JUDDD. I just don't believe in accidents so I believe my decision to periodically indulge in my passion and finding a way of life that embraces it was just supposed to be my path. I've been doing this now for 2 weeks, feeding my soul as well as my body and have lost 9 pounds. I cannot express how grateful I am to all you folks who write daily to encourage those of us new to this profoundly rewarding food plan.

You have just written something that is going to encourage others here too, you know.

I'm so absolutely happy to read your post here, and delighted that JUDDD is not just working for you for weight loss, but is opening up a way of dealing with meals and menus and how we can enjoy the *experience* of cooking and dining in our lives at the same time we manage our health and body weight.

So glad you discovered JUDDD and are here on the JUDDD forum with us!

sophiethecat 01-20-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Yayyy, Grace! 9 pounds in 2 weeks - WHOOO HOOO! :jumpjoy:

I love that I can use the recipes in my cookbooks too! I had just perfected my homemade pizza crust and then had to quit making it when I went on LC :cry: Now I can make it and any artisan breads I want to try :jumpjoy: (I'm not good at bread-making, but there's something about doing it every once in a while that makes me feel good).

Beeb 01-20-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

This is truly an inspiration to us all! WTG on the 9 months :up::clap:, and enjoy NOT feeling guilty anymore and LOVING food again!! :high5::hugs::jumpjoy:

Majella 01-20-2012 10:24 AM

:jumpjoy: Grace congratulations!!! I find myself on my UD suddenely stopping myself mid bite and thinking is this food allowed lol I'm so used to LCing and watching everything that goes in my mouth :)

Grace 01-20-2012 10:44 AM

I know what you mean, Majella. I enjoyed a wonderfully sweet crisp Honey Crisp apple today without thinking I was being naughty! I love what Pirate Jenny said. "Murder bad. Cake good."