Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I've been maintaining the last 11 days, need help to lose! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/754290-ive-been-maintaining-last-11-days-need-help-lose.html)

leonak 01-19-2012 04:34 PM

I've been maintaining the last 11 days, need help to lose!
 
I have been the same weight for about a year (122). I recently went in for my yearly doctor visit and was told I had gained just 1 pound this past year.

I kept track of my calories the last 11 days, I had 6 days of UP with an average of 1649 calories a day and I had 5 days of DD with an average of 898 calories a day.

I want to lose 12 pounds, what numbers do you suggest for me?

belfrybat 01-19-2012 04:38 PM

You might want to consider dropping the DDs to 500 as in induction. I'm pretty new, but that is what I would do.

pjsam1156 01-19-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonak (Post 15344372)
I have been the same weight for about a year (122). I recently went in for my yearly doctor visit and was told I had gained just 1 pound this past year.

I kept track of my calories the last 11 days, I had 6 days of UP with an average of 1649 calories a day and I had 5 days of DD with an average of 898 calories a day.

I want to lose 12 pounds, what numbers do you suggest for me?

As far as I've been told, especially when you have so little to use, it seems your DD cals are way too high. They should be at 500 cals tops--and if you can keep them under 500--that would be even better.
Hope this helps! :high5: :)Good Luck!

SoHappy 01-19-2012 04:49 PM

Need a bit more info to see how the calories you have been doing compare with what might be the initial recommendation, and also a bit if info on your diet these last 11 days.

So, what is your age and height?

Were you on low carb before JUDDD? At about what carb level? Were you on very low carb before JUDDD? At about what carb level?

Have you increased the carb foods you are eating now that you are on JUDDD? Have you been posting your menu choices, serving sizes, calorie counts on our JUDDD daily menu thread?

Are you affected with water weight gain/retention during some days of the month, and could that have been a part of this?

Have you started or increased exercise since starting JUDDD?

The answers to these questions will give a very good place to start with some suggestions. We'll be able to get it figured out, so don't worry about that. Sometimes folks can just take off and melt the pounds off right away, and others need to make some adjustments from where they first start. But we'll figure it out.

leonak 01-20-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15344424)
Need a bit more info to see how the calories you have been doing compare with what might be the initial recommendation, and also a bit if info on your diet these last 11 days.

So, what is your age and height?

Were you on low carb before JUDDD? At about what carb level? Were you on very low carb before JUDDD? At about what carb level?

Have you increased the carb foods you are eating now that you are on JUDDD? Have you been posting your menu choices, serving sizes, calorie counts on our JUDDD daily menu thread?

Are you affected with water weight gain/retention during some days of the month, and could that have been a part of this?

Have you started or increased exercise since starting JUDDD?

The answers to these questions will give a very good place to start with some suggestions. We'll be able to get it figured out, so don't worry about that. Sometimes folks can just take off and melt the pounds off right away, and others need to make some adjustments from where they first start. But we'll figure it out.

Here is some info on me!

Female

Age 68

5' 2"

Have been doing JUDD about a year, before that I was on South Beach. I hae been able to keep my weight at 122 for a year, during this past year I have not been counting calories, sort of went by guess, but still doing UP & DD. The past 11 days I have counted my calories being real careful about each and every thing I ate.

On Dr. J. site it gave me 1328 UP and 266 for DD at 110. At 122 it was 1391 UP and 278 DD.

I am small boned, ring size is 4.5.

I carry my extra pounds in the belly! It is the very first place that grows when I over- eat!!

I just decided it was time to get rid of the belly, so I counted the calories the past 11 days, I came up with an average of around 1200 calories a day to maintain the 122. I so what to lose between 7-12 pounds.

Pat - you asked if I posted on the threads you mentioned - no I have not. I also have not counted carbs. Do not have "those days of the month" any more! My exercise is the same as it has been the past year or so. As I get older I am not as active.

Thanks Everyone for listening to me!

sophiethecat 01-20-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonak (Post 15344372)
I kept track of my calories the last 11 days, I had 6 days of UP with an average of 1649 calories a day and I had 5 days of DD with an average of 898 calories a day.

Hi Leo :) I usually tell people to eat more on DD if they need it, but 900 calorie DD and then around 1600 calorie UDs may not be enough of a spread for JUDDD to work at its best. If you could gradually lower that DD number, I think it would work better for you. Can you do 500 calorie DD? If not, maybe 500 - 700?

SoHappy 01-20-2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonak (Post 15344372)
I have been the same weight for about a year (122). I recently went in for my yearly doctor visit and was told I had gained just 1 pound this past year.

I kept track of my calories the last 11 days, I had 6 days of UP with an average of 1649 calories a day and I had 5 days of DD with an average of 898 calories a day.

I want to lose 12 pounds, what numbers do you suggest for me?

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonak (Post 15345646)
Here is some info on me!

Female

Age 68

5' 2"

Have been doing JUDD about a year, before that I was on South Beach. I hae been able to keep my weight at 122 for a year, during this past year I have not been counting calories, sort of went by guess, but still doing UP & DD. The past 11 days I have counted my calories being real careful about each and every thing I ate.

On Dr. J. site it gave me 1328 UP and 266 for DD at 110. At 122 it was 1391 UP and 278 DD.

I am small boned, ring size is 4.5.

I carry my extra pounds in the belly! It is the very first place that grows when I over- eat!!

I just decided it was time to get rid of the belly, so I counted the calories the past 11 days, I came up with an average of around 1200 calories a day to maintain the 122. I so what to lose between 7-12 pounds.

Pat - you asked if I posted on the threads you mentioned - no I have not. I also have not counted carbs. Do not have "those days of the month" any more! My exercise is the same as it has been the past year or so. As I get older I am not as active. My stress is a bit higher the past 4 years - mom is now 94, lives in assisted living and I have POA for all her $$$. I am glad I can help mom but taking care of someone elses $$$ is no fun!

Thanks Everyone for listening to me!

Good Morning, leonak. You say that you have basically maintained for the past year on JUDDD, without keeping account of calories at all, just "by guess & by golly", so.. first of all.. that's amazing and wonderful.

And you tell us that in these last 11 days, you have tracked calories and find you are eating at about 1649 UD average with an average of 898 on DDs, so we can probably depend on these numbers being about your maintenance numbers at this time... averaging about 1,275 per day, if you were to eat at a level calorie number daily, which we don't on JUDDD. LOL

So, if you want to lose a few more *tummy* pounds, I'd go back to those JUDDD recommended numbers for weight loss once again... about 1390/1400 for the UDs and maybe 350 (25% weight loss rung) for DDs. You could also lower the DD calories to the 20% weight loss level of only 275-280 calories if you want, but I wouldn't think it would be necessary, unless you're in a hurry. Then I suppose every little bit helps. LOL :)

I'd do that for two weeks, eating pretty much the same foods that I was used to for this last year, and see how that worked for me.

Good luck! That lower belly seems to be a favorite spot for us older gals to store fat.. hard to get off even when the rest of our body is satisfactory to us. :laugh:

Everyone here will be encouraged and pleased to know that someone could maintain their weight loss for a year without hardly noting the calorie numbers at all.. just doing a general up and down eating rotation, and that was all it took. Way to go! :up:

leonak 01-20-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15345748)
Good Morning, leonak. You say that you have basically maintained for the past year on JUDDD, without keeping account of calories at all, just "by guess & by golly", so.. first of all.. that's amazing and wonderful.

And you tell us that in these last 11 days, you have tracked calories and find you are eating at about 1649 UD average with an average of 898 on DDs, so we can probably depend on these numbers being about your maintenance numbers at this time... averaging about 1,275 per day, if you were to eat at a level calorie number daily, which we don't on JUDDD. LOL

So, if you want to lose a few more *tummy* pounds, I'd go back to those JUDDD recommended numbers for weight loss once again... about 1390/1400 for the UDs and maybe 350 (25% weight loss rung) for DDs. You could also lower the DD calories to the 20% weight loss level of only 275-280 calories if you want, but I wouldn't think it would be necessary, unless you're in a hurry. Then I suppose every little bit helps. LOL :)

I'd do that for two weeks, eating pretty much the same foods that I was used to for this last year, and see how that worked for me.

Good luck! That lower belly seems to be a favorite spot for us older gals to store fat.. hard to get off even when the rest of our body is satisfactory to us. :laugh:

Everyone here will be encouraged and pleased to know that someone could maintain their weight loss for a year without hardly noting the calorie numbers at all.. just doing a general up and down eating rotation, and that was all it took. Way to go! :up:

Pat - Yes that is correct about my maintaining and I am pleased for that too! Now want to lose the belly fat. Yes, yes I did not actually keep track of all my calories, but I did "eye-ball" my food choices! I would go to McD's for a burger but not the big fat one, just the dollar one! I made food choices not counting every calorie just doing a DD every other day!

I will try the numbers you suggest - "Thank You Pat"


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:02 AM.