Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Up day question (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/754276-up-day-question.html)

HotMommy 01-19-2012 02:53 PM

Up day question

Within the past half hour I decided JUDDD is for me, I've been on a low carb diet for years and I'm ready to take the next step for my health. For 2 months I've been intermittent fasting, eating only dinner. I decided all things considered I'm usually on somewhat of a down day and a up day sounds fabulous. So I decided today would be an up day...but it's almost 3 in the afternoon I don't think I can consume 2000 calories this late in the day, I can probably hit 600 or so, so I'm wondering should I make tomorrow a real up day then Sat. my first down day? I have 7lbs to lose at this point...some newbie advise would be greatly appreciated since I only have half an hour knowledge on the subject so far :)

sophiethecat 01-19-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotMommy (Post 15344108)
Within the past half hour I decided JUDDD is for me, I've been on a low carb diet for years and I'm ready to take the next step for my health. For 2 months I've been intermittent fasting, eating only dinner. I decided all things considered I'm usually on somewhat of a down day and a up day sounds fabulous. So I decided today would be an up day...but it's almost 3 in the afternoon I don't think I can consume 2000 calories this late in the day, I can probably hit 600 or so, so I'm wondering should I make tomorrow a real up day then Sat. my first down day? I have 7lbs to lose at this point...some newbie advise would be greatly appreciated since I only have half an hour knowledge on the subject so far :)

:welcome: Hot Mommy

From the sound of things, you will do quite well on JUDDD, and I bet you slide into goal in no time!

There are different ways you could do this, but if you've not eaten today and you're used to only having dinner, what about making this your first DD?

Would you be able to keep the calories at dinner around 500? Even going over that by a couple hundred would not be terrible, and then you could start with a glorious UD tomorrow. :D

mykidsteacher 01-19-2012 03:25 PM

Welcome! And I agree with just making today a dd, and enjoying a good ud tomorrow.

Beeb 01-19-2012 04:14 PM

Agree with the other posters. Make today your DD and then have a really good UP tomorrow. And yes, I do suggest and advise that you eat as close to those UD calories as you can. It's what helps to make JUDDD work as well as it does and those who have succeeded will probably suggest the same as I am.

We need those UD calories to help get us through the DDs and help to repair any damage we may have done to our metabolism by eating low calories every day. At least this is my understanding, and what has worked for me. :)

SillverOrchid 01-19-2012 04:28 PM

:welcome::hiya:

theredhead 01-19-2012 04:57 PM

Welcome! Glad you decided to join us. You won't be sorry. :)

Bonnie 01-19-2012 05:12 PM

:welcome:

kel7298 01-19-2012 05:37 PM

welcome to the board!!!

I agree with the others...might as well start today.

Question: do you generally only consume 600 cals daily?

julietcc 01-19-2012 07:21 PM

:welcome: JUDDD should be a breeze for you since you are already doing IF. You'll just have to work on eating high on your UDs, though! Don't be afraid of breakfast lunch, and dinner. Are you going to do low carb? I jumped right into the carbs and lost my last few pounds in no time. It really works!

MLE 01-20-2012 01:30 AM

WOW! Been a long time! Welcome back to LCF's...I was off for awhile, also. How did your first day go?

2BoysMom 01-20-2012 10:11 AM

:hiya: and :welcome:

SoHappy 01-20-2012 10:16 AM

Welcome! You're going to love it!

My best advice is to take a whole bunch of your extra hours for a few days and just spend as much time as you can reading past posts and discussions. You'll come away from those hours of research well prepared to succeed, and to do so while enjoying all the wonderful freedom JUDDD can give you along the way!

Knittering 01-20-2012 11:44 AM

Holy cow, you're 5'8 and 127 pounds??
I'd totally call that goal. :) Are you a model?

Kissa 01-20-2012 04:18 PM

:welcome: you will love JUDDD.

HotMommy 01-21-2012 06:49 AM

Thanks for all the welcomes! So far doing well I found my UD tough since I'm use to fasting most of the day I'm kind of relieved today is a down day!
On an average day before I ate less than 1000 calories, I don't have an exact number since I haven't tracked any of my meals yet.
Knittering, I'm not a professional model but I have modeled. Thanks for the compliment :D