Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mom2jjl
Stats: ??/ sz 4-6
WOE: LOW CARB
Just so i get this correct.....

The JUDDD method is one day (down day?) keeping your calories very low..500? less than that? then the next day (up day?) uping your calories to 2000? Then go back to the very low calorie? And if I incorporate low carb with this method does this mean up and down day I eat low carb?
mom2jjl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
That's pretty much it - but it does need more tweaking.

The 500 cal recommendation is for the first 2 weeks - then on UD - you eat to your Maintenance Calorie number (there are various theories here on this number; and whether it's a limit, a guideline or just used to work out DD cals and then you eat to satiety on your UD - whether that is the number or not).

However, a lot of us do eat less than 500 cals on our DD - some eat more - some started off with more. The calculators often give a number below 500 - but 500 is acceptable. It's a you must make it work for you situation.

I recommend having a look at the stickys (apologies if you already have) as they really give so much information and direct you to appropriate calculators to work our your cals.

JUDDD is great in my opinion - I have lost 22 1/2 lbs in less than 2 months - however, I am quite heavy already as you'll see from my stats.

Good luck and if you do decide to give JUDDD a go - I look forward to getting to know you.

Oh yes - sorry the bit about LCarb - many people still incorporate LCarb with JUDDD - hopefully they'll come in and give you some information.

h
Old 01-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #3
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2jjl View Post
The JUDDD method is one day (down day?) keeping your calories very low..500? less than that? then the next day (up day?) uping your calories to 2000? Then go back to the very low calorie? And if I incorporate low carb with this method does this mean up and down day I eat low carb?
I will suggest you read all the many posts/threads about LC and JUDDD, go to the calorie calculator sticky at the beginning of the forum, go to the other sticky about "What is JUDDD" and read that, and try to get as much info by doing a search or advanced search with the keywords to you questions. JUDDD is simple but it also needs to be fitted to your calorie needs and not just a "blanket" calorie spread, as you are asking about, of 500- DDs and 2000 UDs. There is more science behind it than that and reading at the JUDDD site or reading the many posts/threads here from people who are doing it and those who have been successful with JUDDD will be a big help to understanding JUDDD.

HTH

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mom2jjl
Stats: ??/ sz 4-6
WOE: LOW CARB
I did read over "What is JUDDD" thread but needed a little bit more clarification..but that's okay I will just do some research on the good ole web Thanks
mom2jjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #5
WWC
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WWC
Stats: size 14/size 14/size 10
WOE: high protein/lowcarb/JUDDD
Start Date: recommitted 1/12
OP, I googled JUDDD and found Dr. Johnson's website. I did some reading and decided to jump right in. I am on my second DD and am sticking to low carb for both the DDs and UDs right now. On my DDs, I am using protein shakes and FF greek yogurt. UDs I am sticking to my Low carb plan with some added good fats and fruit. My DDs seem to be between 300 and 400 (calculated number was 384) and my UDs are about 1800 cal. I am not as careful counting calories on my UDs.

Does any of that help? Good luck whatever you decide to do and Welcome!
WWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:47 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Mom2jjl
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote