Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!
 
SillverOrchid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Pennsburg, PA
Posts: 6,562
Gallery: SillverOrchid
Stats: Highest weight 214\209.5/180/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 13 Restart
How do I...

Make my UD's DD's stay the same? I am headed into the weekend where tomorrow would be an UP day and Saturday a down day.. I would prefer to have Saturday as my up day, this just fits better into my life with how busy we are.. Fridays are an easy DD for me since I am home all day.
SillverOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Hazelsmrf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 3,839
Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
I think the consensus is that you would make tomorrow an "in between" day then continue your rotation on saturday with an up day?
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #3
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,056
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
I think the consensus is that you would make tomorrow an "in between" day then continue your rotation on saturday with an up day?
Yes, make Friday a MD (a calorie number in the middle of your DD/UD calories) and push the UD to Saturday.

In order to do this you will have to put a MD in every other Friday to change the rotation. If you find that your weight is still falling when you do this, great. If not, then you may need to come up with another plan, BUT I suggest you try it with the 2 MDs a month to see what happens.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!
 
SillverOrchid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Pennsburg, PA
Posts: 6,562
Gallery: SillverOrchid
Stats: Highest weight 214\209.5/180/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 13 Restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
I think the consensus is that you would make tomorrow an "in between" day then continue your rotation on saturday with an up day?
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Yes, make Friday a MD (a calorie number in the middle of your DD/UD calories) and push the UD to Saturday.

In order to do this you will have to put a MD in every other Friday to change the rotation. If you find that your weight is still falling when you do this, great. If not, then you may need to come up with another plan, BUT I suggest you try it with the 2 MDs a month to see what happens.
Thanks Linda I thought that was it but then the more I thought about it the more I confused myself! if it keeps working then I will do that, but don't want to mess a good thing up! If I find that it slows me down too much I will suck it up and take my days as they come until maintenance
SillverOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:42 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Hazelsmrf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 3,839
Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post

In order to do this you will have to put a MD in every other Friday to change the rotation. If you find that your weight is still falling when you do this, great. If not, then you may need to come up with another plan, BUT I suggest you try it with the 2 MDs a month to see what happens.
I think she'd have to do MD every single friday because by changing the rotation, she is basically making it so that she's just delaying the "saturday down day" scenario another week, so every week would need a mid day to bump the saturday to up day. Basically you're creating a static week where every week has 3 up days, 3 down days and 1 in between day.
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!
 
SillverOrchid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Pennsburg, PA
Posts: 6,562
Gallery: SillverOrchid
Stats: Highest weight 214\209.5/180/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 13 Restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
I think she'd have to do MD every single friday because by changing the rotation, she is basically making it so that she's just delaying the "saturday down day" scenario another week, so every week would need a mid day to bump the saturday to up day. Basically you're creating a static week where every week has 3 up days, 3 down days and 1 in between day.
Hmmm... ok will get my calendar out and see how that works, I have a huge wall calendar with my days on it..
SillverOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Hazelsmrf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 3,839
Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
In the book the scenario he did was actually this:

Mon, wed, fri: down days
tue, thur, sat: up days
Sunday: in between day

So that would be an option if you wanted the friday to be a down day, and then you'd have higher calories all weekend.

But I think the downside to this is that someone said that they would be hungry on the down day if it was after a mid day. So that would be the downside to that, possible hunger on the monday DD. But this is what he recommended in his book so it's equally valid.
__________________
-Julie
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:50 AM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!
 
DeeLen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,484
Gallery: DeeLen
Stats: (286.6 before WLS)
WOE: WLS 4/25/06
I love this WOE!
DeeLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!
 
SillverOrchid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Pennsburg, PA
Posts: 6,562
Gallery: SillverOrchid
Stats: Highest weight 214\209.5/180/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 13 Restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
In the book the scenario he did was actually this:

Mon, wed, fri: down days
tue, thur, sat: up days
Sunday: in between day

So that would be an option if you wanted the friday to be a down day, and then you'd have higher calories all weekend.

But I think the downside to this is that someone said that they would be hungry on the down day if it was after a mid day. So that would be the downside to that, possible hunger on the monday DD. But this is what he recommended in his book so it's equally valid.
I think I could probably handle a being a little hungry, would just have more broth, but if it doesnt turn out to work good for me I can just change it back
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeLen View Post
I love this WOE!
me too!
SillverOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #10
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,056
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
I think she'd have to do MD every single friday because by changing the rotation, she is basically making it so that she's just delaying the "saturday down day" scenario another week, so every week would need a mid day to bump the saturday to up day. Basically you're creating a static week where every week has 3 up days, 3 down days and 1 in between day.
Can you show us how you came to this? I have done the rotation she is asking about and 2 weeks after I had to change the rotation again to get another UD on a Saturday. Would love to see how you figured a MD would be needed every week. Thanks for the info.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Hazelsmrf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 3,839
Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Can you show us how you came to this? I have done the rotation she is asking about and 2 weeks after I had to change the rotation again to get another UD on a Saturday. Would love to see how you figured a MD would be needed every week. Thanks for the info.
Well, if fri was a mid day, and sat an up:


Fri: Mid
Sat: up
Sun: down
Mon: up
Tue: down
Wed: up
Thur: down
Fri: up
Sat: DOWN

So without changing the friday again the week after she'd end up with a saturday down day, no way around that since it's a 7 day week so it will get out of whack every week. But if instead EVERY friday is a mid, then EVERY saturday is an up.
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:17 AM   #12
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,056
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
Well, if fri was a mid day, and sat an up:


Fri: Mid
Sat: up
Sun: down
Mon: up
Tue: down
Wed: up
Thur: down
Fri: up
Sat: DOWN

So without changing the friday again the week after she'd end up with a saturday down day, no way around that since it's a 7 day week so it will get out of whack every week. But if instead EVERY friday is a mid, then EVERY saturday is an up.
Guess I must have done something wrong because I only had to change 2 days last month during the holidays to get my Saturdays to be UDs.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Hazelsmrf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 3,839
Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Guess I must have done something wrong because I only had to change 2 days last month during the holidays to get my Saturdays to be UDs.
I really don't see how that would be possible, unless I'm missing something... since a week is an odd number of days, and UD/DD go in pairs, it doesn't seem like it would work without injecting another day every single week?
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #14
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,056
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
I really don't see how that would be possible, unless I'm missing something... since a week is an odd number of days, and UD/DD go in pairs, it doesn't seem like it would work without injecting another day every single week?
I'll just agree to disagree here, too sick to try to prove my point today, it's just how it worked for me. But then again, maybe I did screw up somewhere. I guess the OP will figure out what she needs to do, and what will work for her.

Last edited by Beeb; 01-19-2012 at 10:46 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!
 
SillverOrchid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Pennsburg, PA
Posts: 6,562
Gallery: SillverOrchid
Stats: Highest weight 214\209.5/180/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 13 Restart
I will check my calendar and see how they fall.. thanks for the help guys!
SillverOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:26 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.