Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   How do I... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/754218-how-do-i.html)

SillverOrchid 01-19-2012 09:02 AM

How do I...

Make my UD's DD's stay the same? I am headed into the weekend where tomorrow would be an UP day and Saturday a down day.. I would prefer to have Saturday as my up day, this just fits better into my life with how busy we are.. Fridays are an easy DD for me since I am home all day. :help:

Hazelsmrf 01-19-2012 09:31 AM

I think the consensus is that you would make tomorrow an "in between" day then continue your rotation on saturday with an up day?

Beeb 01-19-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf (Post 15342745)
I think the consensus is that you would make tomorrow an "in between" day then continue your rotation on saturday with an up day?

Yes, make Friday a MD (a calorie number in the middle of your DD/UD calories) and push the UD to Saturday.

In order to do this you will have to put a MD in every other Friday to change the rotation. If you find that your weight is still falling when you do this, great. If not, then you may need to come up with another plan, BUT I suggest you try it with the 2 MDs a month to see what happens. ;)

SillverOrchid 01-19-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf (Post 15342745)

Thanks! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15342772)
Yes, make Friday a MD (a calorie number in the middle of your DD/UD calories) and push the UD to Saturday.

In order to do this you will have to put a MD in every other Friday to change the rotation. If you find that your weight is still falling when you do this, great. If not, then you may need to come up with another plan, BUT I suggest you try it with the 2 MDs a month to see what happens. ;)

Thanks Linda :) I thought that was it but then the more I thought about it the more I confused myself! :laugh: if it keeps working then I will do that, but don't want to mess a good thing up! If I find that it slows me down too much I will suck it up and take my days as they come until maintenance :D

Hazelsmrf 01-19-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15342772)

I think she'd have to do MD every single friday because by changing the rotation, she is basically making it so that she's just delaying the "saturday down day" scenario another week, so every week would need a mid day to bump the saturday to up day. Basically you're creating a static week where every week has 3 up days, 3 down days and 1 in between day.

SillverOrchid 01-19-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf (Post 15342797)
I think she'd have to do MD every single friday because by changing the rotation, she is basically making it so that she's just delaying the "saturday down day" scenario another week, so every week would need a mid day to bump the saturday to up day. Basically you're creating a static week where every week has 3 up days, 3 down days and 1 in between day.

Hmmm... ok will get my calendar out and see how that works, I have a huge wall calendar with my days on it..

Hazelsmrf 01-19-2012 09:46 AM

In the book the scenario he did was actually this:

Mon, wed, fri: down days
tue, thur, sat: up days
Sunday: in between day

So that would be an option if you wanted the friday to be a down day, and then you'd have higher calories all weekend.

But I think the downside to this is that someone said that they would be hungry on the down day if it was after a mid day. So that would be the downside to that, possible hunger on the monday DD. But this is what he recommended in his book so it's equally valid.

DeeLen 01-19-2012 09:50 AM

I love this WOE! :love:

SillverOrchid 01-19-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf (Post 15342813)
In the book the scenario he did was actually this:

Mon, wed, fri: down days
tue, thur, sat: up days
Sunday: in between day

So that would be an option if you wanted the friday to be a down day, and then you'd have higher calories all weekend.

But I think the downside to this is that someone said that they would be hungry on the down day if it was after a mid day. So that would be the downside to that, possible hunger on the monday DD. But this is what he recommended in his book so it's equally valid.

I think I could probably handle a being a little hungry, would just have more broth, but if it doesnt turn out to work good for me I can just change it back
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeLen (Post 15342832)
I love this WOE! :love:

me too! :love:

Beeb 01-19-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf (Post 15342797)

Can you show us how you came to this? I have done the rotation she is asking about and 2 weeks after I had to change the rotation again to get another UD on a Saturday. Would love to see how you figured a MD would be needed every week. Thanks for the info.

Hazelsmrf 01-19-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15342896)
Can you show us how you came to this? I have done the rotation she is asking about and 2 weeks after I had to change the rotation again to get another UD on a Saturday. Would love to see how you figured a MD would be needed every week. Thanks for the info.

Well, if fri was a mid day, and sat an up:

Fri: Mid
Sat: up
Sun: down
Mon: up
Tue: down
Wed: up
Thur: down
Fri: up
Sat: DOWN

So without changing the friday again the week after she'd end up with a saturday down day, no way around that since it's a 7 day week so it will get out of whack every week. But if instead EVERY friday is a mid, then EVERY saturday is an up.

Beeb 01-19-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf (Post 15342917)
Well, if fri was a mid day, and sat an up:

Fri: Mid
Sat: up
Sun: down
Mon: up
Tue: down
Wed: up
Thur: down
Fri: up
Sat: DOWN

So without changing the friday again the week after she'd end up with a saturday down day, no way around that since it's a 7 day week so it will get out of whack every week. But if instead EVERY friday is a mid, then EVERY saturday is an up.

Guess I must have done something wrong because I only had to change 2 days last month during the holidays to get my Saturdays to be UDs. :dunno:

Hazelsmrf 01-19-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15342942)
Guess I must have done something wrong because I only had to change 2 days last month during the holidays to get my Saturdays to be UDs. :dunno:

I really don't see how that would be possible, unless I'm missing something... since a week is an odd number of days, and UD/DD go in pairs, it doesn't seem like it would work without injecting another day every single week?

Beeb 01-19-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf (Post 15342998)
I really don't see how that would be possible, unless I'm missing something... since a week is an odd number of days, and UD/DD go in pairs, it doesn't seem like it would work without injecting another day every single week?

I'll just agree to disagree here, too sick to try to prove my point today, it's just how it worked for me. But then again, maybe I did screw up somewhere. I guess the OP will figure out what she needs to do, and what will work for her.

SillverOrchid 01-19-2012 11:52 AM

I will check my calendar and see how they fall.. :) thanks for the help guys!