Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 07:02 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Nanner
Stats: 253/229.5/200
WOE: low carb my way
Start Date: This time - 03/18/2013/JUDDD 04/29/2013
Wonderslim and JUDDD

Has anyone tried this before? I have been on Wonderslim for a week now, and I am finding it so hard to stick to just the shakes and the one meal every single day. I don't have enough shakes because it seems so much, and, therefore, I'm only getting about 750 calories every day, and I think my body is hanging on to its stores and I'm not losing. I'm thinking if I did JUDDD, I could do moderate LC on the up days and the shakes on the down days, which would be 500 calories and 20 g of carbs. I haven't calculated yet what I could do on the up days, off to do that now, but I thought I'd post and see if it sounds doable to you JUDDD experts and see if you have any suggestions for me.

Bye-bye 240's - 04/05/2013
230's - 05/12/2013
220's -
210's -
200!! -
Nanner is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattsmama
Stats: 188/129.2/135 5'8" 42 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD-11/11 to present (LC-5/11-11/11)
Hi, Tami!! You are going to find that not many of us can "get by" on shakes. Most of us like to chew some real food, even on down days. I like to skip breakfast and lunch, and then have a real nice, light dinner. For instance, last night I had spaghetti made with ground turkey breast and a cup of pasta with a little sauce on top. It was fab.

Please take both calorie counts for each day to heart. They work wonders once you get used to them!!

I hope this helps a little. You will find a lot of wonderful, knowledgable folks here, so ask away!

When everything feels like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top....

Goal Weight achieved 02/25/2012 on JUDDD- and still losing!
mattsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:45 AM   #3
WWC
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WWC
Stats: size 14/size 14/size 10
WOE: high protein/lowcarb/JUDDD
Start Date: recommitted 1/12
I am using netrition shakes (Syntrax Nectar) for my down days during the first two weeks. I frequently have incorporated shakes into my LC eating over the years and find it easy to stick to. I do plan to work in low calorie foods on DD in the future. On my UDs, I am staying fairly low carb (I eat fruit at lunch and the occasional dark chocolate, but no breads, potatoes, rice etc.)

I will tell you that I am brand new to JUDDD this week so it will be a work in progress with tweaks as I go. My advice is to try it and see how you go. You can always adjust as needed.
WWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #4

Is my understanding correct that you don't have to go up to your maximum calories you can have in an up day? Mine is 2188, and it seems like a lot.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #5
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
I want to suggest, as I always do, to do the plan JUST AS SUGGESTED, for at least 2 weeks and preferably more, to give JUDDD a fighting chance without tweaking or incorporating another plan into it.

Do the shakes if you want, do the shakes with a meal if you want, do whatever food choices you want, but just do the calories for your DD and UD as suggested, and what you have found as an average from several sites, including the JUDDD site, and see what happens. And I will also suggest you get as close to those UD calories as you can to let JUDDD begin to work it's "magic". It works because there is a great science behind it, so give that science a chance to work.

PLEASE, just do the plan as suggested and give it a fighting chance. Sometimes leaving well enough alone is just enough.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 01-19-2012 at 08:12 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:24 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
The plan as suggested actually does suggest you do nothing but shakes for your first two weeks of down days, so doing the shakes on down days would not be an issue if you're used to that. I would not be able to, I hate "drinking" my calories but if it works for you then it works for you!
Hazelsmrf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
The plan as suggested actually does suggest you do nothing but shakes for your first two weeks of down days, so doing the shakes on down days would not be an issue if you're used to that. I would not be able to, I hate "drinking" my calories but if it works for you then it works for you!
I took the OP's start post as saying she is trying to do Wonderslim shakes and a meal. She also said that by doing this Wonderslim plan she was only getting 750 calories in A DAY. Not knowing what these shakes are I assumed (my bad) that they were a plan like Slimfast and that is why I suggested she do the plan as suggested by JUDDD. And if she can do the shakes with a meal, that is wonderful, BUT the point is to be satisfied and feeling full AND within our calorie range for DDs AND UDs no matter what you eat/drink.

Last edited by Beeb; 01-19-2012 at 08:44 AM..
Old 01-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #8

Yes, the Wonderslim plan calls for 5 shakes a day and 1 "lean and green" meal. I am having trouble getting all of that in and not getting enough calories. The shakes are high in protein, 100 calories, 5 carbs, so if I do just the 5 shakes a day on my down days, then I would be getting in the 500 calories but will still keep my carbs relatively low at 25. Once I thought about the calories for the up days, I realized that I could eat that in one meal if I wanted to so 2188 is really not "undoable" just sounds like a lot when you're trying to lose weight. I will try to adhere to the plan as closely as possible and will continue to use the shakes for a while just for ease and knowing exactly where I am. I've also signed up to a food journal like ****** to track all of my calories and carbs for the day to see where I'm at. I'm excited about this!!
Old 01-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Yeah I didn't do shakes because blech, I just would not be satisfied with shakes. But I think in the book he did say you COULD do slimfast shakes or any nutrition shakes like Atkins etc, as long as it was 500 calories, right? I kind of glanced over that part because I was never interested in doing the shakes, just not for me.
Hazelsmrf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanner View Post
Yes, the Wonderslim plan calls for 5 shakes a day and 1 "lean and green" meal. I am having trouble getting all of that in and not getting enough calories. The shakes are high in protein, 100 calories, 5 carbs, so if I do just the 5 shakes a day on my down days, then I would be getting in the 500 calories but will still keep my carbs relatively low at 25. Once I thought about the calories for the up days, I realized that I could eat that in one meal if I wanted to so 2188 is really not "undoable" just sounds like a lot when you're trying to lose weight. I will try to adhere to the plan as closely as possible and will continue to use the shakes for a while just for ease and knowing exactly where I am. I've also signed up to a food journal like ****** to track all of my calories and carbs for the day to see where I'm at. I'm excited about this!!
This sounds like a good plan for you, if you can do the shakes. Most of us have found it doesn't work, but some love it. It's a YMMV kind of thing and I know those calories for your UD sound like a lot and if you want you can lower them a bit (I would to have had that many calories when I started), but I would suggest just by a bit, like maybe less than 200 calories. It's the calorie gap between the 2 days that makes JUDDD work well. Many have, and still are, eating more calories than you on their UDs and losing weight great. I suggest you read this thread for some ideas on what many of our UD/DD calories are and you will find you are not alone in those higher UD calories. AND it does work!

What are your UP/ DD numbers?
Old 01-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #11

Very interesting - thanks for the information!!
Old 01-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
Tami!
It's great to see you here.
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knittering View Post
Tami!
It's great to see you here.
Thank you! I think I'm going to like this way of eating! I thought for sure that after eating everything I ate yesterday I would feel just bloated and yucky today, and I didn't - I actually felt like I might have lost or shrunk, but I didn't weigh yet - I'm going to wait until tomorrow as I started the Wonderslim a week ago. Today, my DD, is going well, 2 shakes and 2 slices of 45 calorie toast with 1/2 wedge of Laughing Cow cheese on it. Not bad at all!
Old 01-22-2012, 07:29 AM   #14

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanner View Post
Thank you! I think I'm going to like this way of eating! I thought for sure that after eating everything I ate yesterday I would feel just bloated and yucky today, and I didn't - I actually felt like I might have lost or shrunk, but I didn't weigh yet - I'm going to wait until tomorrow as I started the Wonderslim a week ago. Today, my DD, is going well, 2 shakes and 2 slices of 45 calorie toast with 1/2 wedge of Laughing Cow cheese on it. Not bad at all!
I'm really glad you've joined us on the JUDDD plan, Tami! Really looking forward to seeing how weight loss goes for you.

You mentioned that you had thought perhaps you would feel yucky after a bigger day of eating, but so many of us have found that while we can *eat large* on our UDs and include foods that were previously off limits to us, JUDDD brings us to a point of a more normal appetite, so real overeating is rare. If we actually use that designated *Normal* calorie figure given us over on the JUDDD site (or so..) former overeaters have an idea of when enough is enough.

And although occasionally many of us look back and chuckle at the memory of how we maybe went a bit overboard at first on the freedom to eat those previously off limit foods, that all seems to work itself out pretty quickly too, so finally we're just left with the absolute freedom to choose the foods we feel the best on, that we enjoy the most, and that feed our souls as well as our bodies.

Funny to have dreamed of potatoes for so long, and finally have the freedom to eat them.. only to find that I don't eat them all that often now after all. But occasionally I do, and they're delicious and very much enjoyed, and what I appreciate the most is not the potatoes, it's the freedom to include them if I want to and still be able to manage body weight!

I love that JUDDD doesn't force weight loss to happen by relying on lists of forbidden foods, or strange rules of eating this food now and that other food in combination with something else tomorrow... it just allows all foods and teaches me to live with it all and eat in such a way as to manage my weight loss and my maintenance in the face of complete food freedom! Sweet!
Old 01-22-2012, 07:42 AM   #15

I'm absolutely loving it! I love that eating what I want is only 1 day away. My most successful weight loss in the past was when I was on Weight Watchers. I followed a low fat diet all week long, 20 g or less, and I actually enjoyed the foods I was making and eating. I would weigh in every Saturday morning, and then the rest of the day was free for me. I would eat whatever I had been craving during the week, usually my favorite pizza, a Burger King meal, and a candy bar. Sunday mornings, I was right back on my diet again. I had just moved into my own apartment, and I was enjoying cooking for just me and had great success on that one to the tune of 30 lb and looked the best I ever had. Then I met my DH, got pregnant, and then pregnant again, so I was pregnant almost 2 years in a row. Ugh!

Anyhow, long story short, I love the fact that I can tell myself to hold off for 1 day, and I know that this is something I could do for life!