Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 89
Gallery: TallToriV
Stats: 192/179/145 ~ 5'10"
WOE: JUDD with low-mod carbs
Start Date: 1/17/12
The great induction calorie debate - a question

I apologize if this is discussed in depth somewhere on here that I haven't found (in the WAY too much time I've spent poking around over the last couple of days, lol).

I know that there are two opinions on what weight to use when setting your cal levels at the start of your JUDDD journey. One school of thought says to put in your weight now; another says to use the weight you want to get to. General consensus seems to be that if you're quite close to your target, just use your weight now. If you're farther off, your current weight may give you an ineffectively high number for up days.

So how far away from target is far? I have 35 lbs to lose, so that's significant without being extreme. My up day quoted number is 2500, which seems AWESOME but really high. Up day numbers for my target weight are closer to 2000. What do we think?

And bless you all for your patience with me for asking 2 noob questions in the same day!
TallToriV is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 12,459
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
You and I are the same height, and I weigh a lot more than you, and my UD calories are 2345, from which I cut a bit for a nice round 2200.

Unless you're running marathons weekly, I think yours might be a bit high.

Most of us put in little to no exercise as well, preferring not to eat back our exercise calories, but that's a personal decision you will need to make.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 89
Gallery: TallToriV
Stats: 192/179/145 ~ 5'10"
WOE: JUDD with low-mod carbs
Start Date: 1/17/12
"But...but I DO exercise!" is my first response, but if most of you guys are saying little to no, since I know you're also exercising, that would explain the difference between my targets and yours!

Last edited by TallToriV; 01-18-2012 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: typo
TallToriV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!
 
DeeLen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,460
Gallery: DeeLen
Stats: (286.6 before WLS)
WOE: WLS 4/25/06
Wait, what?

I put in my current weight on the calculator. Is that not correct?
DeeLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!
 
lil miss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,936
Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW, JUDDD
Start Date: 1/1/13
Put in your current weight unless you have A LOT to lose. Also make sure calculator is set to say that you do NOT exercise even if you do.

After every 10 lbs or so that you lose, re calculate.
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:03 PM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 12,459
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Tori, you may lose just fine with the higher numbers. You could try it for a week or two and see what happens. Seems like the general consensus is that Dr. J's site gives pretty lenient numbers. I know a lot of people enter their statistics into several of the calculators and take an average. When I entered mine in all of them, they were very close.

I lost just fine on the 2345, but wanted a little cushion when I dropped it to 2200.

Dee, I used my current weight too and am losing fine. Some people use their goal weight to determine their calories. I wanted to see if I could lose well with my calories at my current weight and I'm losing really well. All that means is I'll probably need to adjust my calories as I lose, but boy am I enjoying the ride until then!

ETA: I am losing 3 lbs/week on average and used my current weight and have a LOT to lose. I don't think you need to put in your goal weight if you have a lot to lose. It makes more sense to me to put in your goal weight if you do NOT have a lot to lose.
__________________
Dawn

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD

Last edited by KeirasMom; 01-18-2012 at 02:05 PM..
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #7
_catzy_
 
Bonnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 22,860
Gallery: Bonnie
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
Put in your current weight unless you have A LOT to lose. Also make sure calculator is set to say that you do NOT exercise even if you do.

After every 10 lbs or so that you lose, re calculate.
Is that from the book?
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!
 
DeeLen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,460
Gallery: DeeLen
Stats: (286.6 before WLS)
WOE: WLS 4/25/06
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Dee, I used my current weight too and am losing fine. Some people use their goal weight to determine their calories. I wanted to see if I could lose well with my calories at my current weight and I'm losing really well. All that means is I'll probably need to adjust my calories as I lose, but boy am I enjoying the ride until then!
Cool! I have a lot to lose. Thanks!
DeeLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:11 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!
 
lil miss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,936
Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW, JUDDD
Start Date: 1/1/13
NO. Sorry Bonnie, it is from what I have learned here on the boards. Some Vets here said they would recalculate as they lost so they would keep losing. If you stall, you could THEN recalculate. It is to our advantage to keep UD cals as high as we can, dont want to keep lowering those and then have to lower them further to lose more etc.
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,913
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeLen View Post
Wait, what?

I put in my current weight on the calculator. Is that not correct?
Don't worry, Dee! The majority just put in their current weight and go from there, so you're fine. LOLOLOL

It's just that if a LOT of our *current weight* is nothing but FAT (which some of us know about that being a starting weight), we might want to not use all of that as the weight to figure calorie consumption on. 'Cause we don't actually want to be given, and eat, all those extra calories being given to us to maintain the fat. We want to eat a little lower number of UD calories, so we aren't eating to maintenance for quite as much of our fat. Does that make sense?

But you can always bring that UD number down some as you lose initially. If you slow down or aren't losing as fast as you think you should be, it's possible the UD maintenance calorie number is of *the basic slim You* as well as the *Fat overcoat you're carrying* sort of thing. In that case, it's probably time to lower the UD number figured on your previous higher weight, and get yourself a new UD number, figured on the new slimmer you. And then just keep going.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TallToriV View Post
"But...but I DO exercise!" is my first response, but if most of you guys are saying little to no, since I know you're also exercising, that would explain the difference between my targets and yours!
Most of us, regardless of whether we work out seven days a week, enter *little or no exercise* into the Calorie Calculator.. because of this way of thinking about it:

If I was a lean, sleek, hard-muscled woman of ideal weight, working out regularly, I'd want to know how many calories I'd worked off, so that I could eat them back and replace them. Because I wouldn't want to lose even more weight from my exercise. I need to know exercise calorie use, so that I can eat more to maintain my current body.

But if I'm an overweight person, still carrying plenty of body fat that I'm trying to get rid of, I'm hoping my workouts will give me some muscle, but also help me shed some fat. So the last thing I want to do is eat back those lost exercise calories to keep from losing my fat!!!!!

So in general, if we're now skinny, we can count the exercise burned calories and eat them back to help us maintain our current slim weight, but if we're still overweight and wanting to lose more, we don't want to put those lost exercise calories back into our fat cells, which is basically what *eating them back again* is doing.
__________________
Best wishes, Pat
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #11
_catzy_
 
Bonnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 22,860
Gallery: Bonnie
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
NO. Sorry Bonnie, it is from what I have learned here on the boards. Some Vets here said they would recalculate as they lost so they would keep losing. If you stall, you could THEN recalculate. It is to our advantage to keep UD cals as high as we can, dont want to keep lowering those and then have to lower them further to lose more etc.
Thanks for the clarification.

For those of us who don't have the book, can someone tell us how he actually says to figure the calculation? Or is it just what it says on the website? It seems like everyone does it how they feel it should be done and not based on what he said. I will say though, based on what was posted in the Induction thread what he said about fats, I'm not sure I would go by what he said either.
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member
 
cherryhair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 69
Gallery: cherryhair
Stats: 230.4/215.8/160
Start Date: 1/4/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Don't worry, Dee! The majority just put in their current weight and go from there, so you're fine. LOLOLOL

It's just that if a LOT of our *current weight* is nothing but FAT (which some of us know about that being a starting weight), we might want to not use all of that as the weight to figure calorie consumption on. 'Cause we don't actually want to be given, and eat, all those extra calories being given to us to maintain the fat. We want to eat a little lower number of UD calories, so we aren't eating to maintenance for quite as much of our fat. Does that make sense?

But you can always bring that UD number down some as you lose initially. If you slow down or aren't losing as fast as you think you should be, it's possible the UD maintenance calorie number is of *the basic slim You* as well as the *Fat overcoat you're carrying* sort of thing. In that case, it's probably time to lower the UD number figured on your previous higher weight, and get yourself a new UD number, figured on the new slimmer you. And then just keep going.




Most of us, regardless of whether we work out seven days a week, enter *little or no exercise* into the Calorie Calculator.. because of this way of thinking about it:

If I was a lean, sleek, hard-muscled woman of ideal weight, working out regularly, I'd want to know how many calories I'd worked off, so that I could eat them back and replace them. Because I wouldn't want to lose even more weight from my exercise. I need to know exercise calorie use, so that I can eat more to maintain my current body.

But if I'm an overweight person, still carrying plenty of body fat that I'm trying to get rid of, I'm hoping my workouts will give me some muscle, but also help me shed some fat. So the last thing I want to do is eat back those lost exercise calories to keep from losing my fat!!!!!

So in general, if we're now skinny, we can count the exercise burned calories and eat them back to help us maintain our current slim weight, but if we're still overweight and wanting to lose more, we don't want to put those lost exercise calories back into our fat cells, which is basically what *eating them back again* is doing.
I'm confused about how using up calories through exercise would be any different than not eating to your UP day calories (which is not recommended). All your body knows is the net calories, correct (if we are talking about creating a calorie deficit)? Especially if you are exercising on a regular basis why wouldn't your metabolism slow down eventually-the same as if you were eating less calories on a regular basis? Regardless of size-we know the bigger you are the more calories you burn through exercise anyway. I'm not trying to argue. I honestly want to understand this
cherryhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
gotsomeold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Asheville, NC / Marietta, Ga
Posts: 3,716
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
Page 244

"But the sole purpose of the Calorie Calculator is to estimate the number of calories to eat on your down days. You absolutely do not have to consume all the calories estimated on your up days. There is no specific requirement for the up day."

I think over time JUDDD BUDDDs have amended that to say if you go too low on UD then you are on just another calorie restricted diet and/or you risk slowing your metabolism and stalling. UD calories need to be high enough to prevent either of those from happening.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #14
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 12,459
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Page 244

"But the sole purpose of the Calorie Calculator is to estimate the number of calories to eat on your down days. You absolutely do not have to consume all the calories estimated on your up days. There is no specific requirement for the up day."

I think over time JUDDD BUDDDs have amended that to say if you go too low on UD then you are on just another calorie restricted diet and/or you risk slowing your metabolism and stalling. UD calories need to be high enough to prevent either of those from happening.
And they need to be high enough to feel decadent. At least to me.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #15
_catzy_
 
Bonnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 22,860
Gallery: Bonnie
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Page 244

"But the sole purpose of the Calorie Calculator is to estimate the number of calories to eat on your down days. You absolutely do not have to consume all the calories estimated on your up days. There is no specific requirement for the up day."

I think over time JUDDD BUDDDs have amended that to say if you go too low on UD then you are on just another calorie restricted diet and/or you risk slowing your metabolism and stalling. UD calories need to be high enough to prevent either of those from happening.
Thank you! Does he mention the 500 calorie thing for DDs or is that another thing that started here?

Last edited by Bonnie; 01-18-2012 at 02:59 PM..
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member
 
cherryhair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 69
Gallery: cherryhair
Stats: 230.4/215.8/160
Start Date: 1/4/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryhair View Post
I'm confused about how using up calories through exercise would be any different than not eating to your UP day calories (which is not recommended). All your body knows is the net calories, correct (if we are talking about creating a calorie deficit)? Especially if you are exercising on a regular basis why wouldn't your metabolism slow down eventually-the same as if you were eating less calories on a regular basis? Regardless of size-we know the bigger you are the more calories you burn through exercise anyway. I'm not trying to argue. I honestly want to understand this
Anybody? Anybody? If anyone finds an answer to this please let me know. I can't be the only one wondering. I just don't want to slow down my metabolism-want the JUDDD magic to keep working.

Last edited by cherryhair; 01-18-2012 at 03:26 PM..
cherryhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!
 
Mommie22boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Western NY
Posts: 2,492
Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Thank you! Does he mention the 500 calorie thing for DDs or is that another thing that started here?
The 500 calorie number is from the website (likely in the book too, but I haven't read the book). Paraphrased, he says that you don't need to hit your 20-25% number on DDs during the first two weeks...keeping it to 500 will work fine.
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
gotsomeold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Asheville, NC / Marietta, Ga
Posts: 3,716
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
I've read the book twice now (love the science - of the time - behind caloric restriction/fasting).

In the book he talks about calculating UD caloric requirements based on - like on the website - age, height, exercise, and current weight. Then he extrapolates DD calories based on what you can comfortably eat (between 20% and 50% of UD calculation, or fasting).

I don't remember seeing 500 calories specified in the book. I think it is an average various JUDDD forums have tried and found works for many and satisfies the need to eat something.

Dr J tried to keep the rules flexible - DD low enough to feel reasonably good and invoke the stress response that leads to that old JUDDD magic, UD high enough to feel pampered, avoid a slowed metabolism, and keep a smile on everyone's face.
__________________
- Nancy
GOAL 10/3/12
Still at goal 2/6/13
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #19
_catzy_
 
Bonnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 22,860
Gallery: Bonnie
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
Thanks to both of you! I did see it is mentioned on the website. I will read the book if I ever find a copy of it. Our used book store and Goodwill didn't have it and I don't want to order it online.
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member
 
belfrybat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 736
Gallery: belfrybat
WOE: Lowish carb (formerly on Protein Power)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
I've read the book twice now (love the science - of the time - behind caloric restriction/fasting).

In the book he talks about calculating UD caloric requirements based on - like on the website - age, height, exercise, and current weight. Then he extrapolates DD calories based on what you can comfortably eat (between 20% and 50% of UD calculation, or fasting).

I don't remember seeing 500 calories specified in the book. I think it is an average various JUDDD forums have tried and found works for many and satisfies the need to eat something.
I haven't read the book, but the statement of eating up to 500 calories on a DD is on his website:

UpDayDownDay Diet™ Plan ? How to Succeed
Quote:
Induction Phase
The two-week induction phase is the most restrictive part of the Johnson UpDayDownDay Diet™ but is necessary to activate the body's genetic response to alternate-day calorie restriction. To begin experiencing the many benefits from "turning on" your SIRT1 gene, it is important to limit yourself to no more than 500 calories on Down Days during this period. Prepackaged diet shakes and bars from Slim Fast®, Atkins®, and other companies can help make sure that you don't go above 500 calories on Down Days during these two weeks.
I used the "light exercise" option when I put in my stats, since I exercise 2 - 3 times a week with "Walk away the Pounds" tape. I figured if I didn't lose, I could always lower them, however I rarely eat up to that limit. But it is nice to know I can.

Last edited by belfrybat; 01-18-2012 at 03:58 PM..
belfrybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:05 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
gotsomeold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Asheville, NC / Marietta, Ga
Posts: 3,716
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
The book is several years old. It makes sense Dr J would update the website frequently as he learns more about the science and about how people react to this woe.

Cherry, as long as you alternate DD/UD (and don't have a string of DDs) you can eat 500 calories or your calculated DD calories or fast all day without worrying about slowing your metabolism down. That takes longer than one day to become established, and the following UD (or even a MD) ensures your metabolism is rocking.

(This assumes you do not have an imbalance or illness that makes fasting or extreme low calorie dangerous for you.)
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!
 
Knittering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,709
Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
This all suddenly seems a lot more complicated.
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #23
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 12,459
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knittering View Post
This all suddenly seems a lot more complicated.
I know. I have to stop thinking about it, lol. I know what's working for me, and that's all I can retain in the poor frazzled brain at the moment.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
It took me a long time to get down to a 500 calorie DD, but I "felt" the effects of JUDDD by 2 weeks (as far as you can go by feeling) doing 600 - 750 calorie DD, but even with those higher #s I was losing the weight and experiencing some other good effects.

Once I did get down around 500 calories, I didn't stay there very long, and found I did just as well on 600 - 800 calories. So I've been sticking around that in maintenance.

Whether it's 300 calories or 800, there's just something about cutting the calories so drastically and then eating, eating, eating every other day that does great things for the body!
__________________
Started JUDDD 10/12/11 after LC.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member
 
belfrybat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 736
Gallery: belfrybat
WOE: Lowish carb (formerly on Protein Power)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knittering View Post
This all suddenly seems a lot more complicated.
Not complicated at all. For the first two weeks don't go over 500 cal on DDs. Eat on UDs until comfortably satiated but not stuffed. Repeat.
Input your stats on the website if you want to see what Dr. J's recommendations are, otherwise use whatever calculator you prefer. The website indicates we are to use our current weight, not goal. Some here have found out they lose better by cutting calories some on UDs, and Dr. J. states you do not have to eat all your allotted calories on UDs.
belfrybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!
 
Knittering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,709
Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
*nodsnods*

Well, what I've been doing so far is working for me so just going to stick to that until it stops working, then refigure things.
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member
 
cherryhair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 69
Gallery: cherryhair
Stats: 230.4/215.8/160
Start Date: 1/4/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knittering View Post
*nodsnods*

Well, what I've been doing so far is working for me so just going to stick to that until it stops working, then refigure things.
This
cherryhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #28
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 89
Gallery: TallToriV
Stats: 192/179/145 ~ 5'10"
WOE: JUDD with low-mod carbs
Start Date: 1/17/12
Thank you, everyone! This has really helped, even though it's not all exactly the same. :wink:

I think I really do just need to try it out for a few weeks and see what works and what doesn't for me personally! However it works out, I'm loving it - I just finished my first DD, ate 485 calories, and feel really great. AND I'm looking forward to eating tomorrow!
TallToriV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
gotsomeold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Asheville, NC / Marietta, Ga
Posts: 3,716
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
Oh, I can make it more complicated if you would like. I could mention that the famous appetite suppression is ketosis. Yes, LCers, the DD/UD rotation causes ketosis while you eat carbs.

I could chatter about all the health benefits you will probably notice over time.

But, the important point is, as Sophie says, DD - low, UD - higher, weight goes bye-bye.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 01-18-2012 at 05:21 PM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:04 PM   #30
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 89
Gallery: TallToriV
Stats: 192/179/145 ~ 5'10"
WOE: JUDD with low-mod carbs
Start Date: 1/17/12
LOL! See, *that* I can manage! Especially the weight going bye-bye part! I do overthink.
TallToriV is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:01 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.