Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   rate of weight loss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/754035-rate-weight-loss.html)

qbert 01-18-2012 06:54 AM

rate of weight loss

Can anyone give me an idea of what type of weight loss per week or per month you might see on JUDD? Just want to know what others typically see in weight loss mode.

Knittering 01-18-2012 06:58 AM

After the first few weeks (which are deceptive on any diet) I've been steadily using 1.5-2 pounds per week.

Redeemed 01-18-2012 07:17 AM

The last couple of times I started JUDDD, I lost 10-11 pounds during the first two weeks; then averaged 2 or 2 l/2 pounds a week; about 9 pounds a month if I stayed on a strict 2-day rotation of 500/1700. I just count calories.

MintQ8 01-18-2012 07:32 AM

I think as with any diet - it will depend on a variety of factors:

For example - in the past 2 months I have lost 22 1/2lbs - at an average of 11lbs per month - or 2.2lbs per week (this included Christmas, New Year and a week's holiday - so I am extremely pleased).

However - I am one of the heavier people here on JUDDD - so my weight loss will probably be faster than someone who only has 25lbs to lose. I had 140lbs to lose - so every time I lose 14lbs - I am 10% closer to goal - where as someone at 25lbs - needs to *only* lose 2.5lbs - for the same success rate.

Exercise will play a part, sticking to the plan will play a part, your own metabolism and so on...

Good luck!!

sophiethecat 01-18-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MintQ8 (Post 15339282)
I think as with any diet - it will depend on a variety of factors:

For example - in the past 2 months I have lost 22 1/2lbs - at an average of 11lbs per month - or 2.2lbs per week (this included Christmas, New Year and a week's holiday - so I am extremely pleased).

However - I am one of the heavier people here on JUDDD - so my weight loss will probably be faster than someone who only has 25lbs to lose. I had 140lbs to lose - so every time I lose 14lbs - I am 10% closer to goal - where as someone at 25lbs - needs to *only* lose 2.5lbs - for the same success rate.

Exercise will play a part, sticking to the plan will play a part, your own metabolism and so on...

Good luck!!

:goodpost:

KeirasMom 01-18-2012 08:14 AM

Like Vicky, I have a significant amount left to lose. I've been losing at about 3 lbs/week, but this varies from week to week. I even had a gain one week, but when I add all the pounds I've lost and divide by the number of weeks I've been JUDDDing and I get my average, it's 3 lbs.

I am exercising, though not with any real frequency. The only guaranteed exercise I get is roller skating for 2 hours on Saturdays, and I supplement throughout the week as I'm able.

I am very strict with my UD/DD rotation and keep under my numbers pretty religously.

I fully expect when I get closer to goal that my weight loss will slow some, and I'm okay with that. I'm having phenominal results right now and it's keeping me very motivated. And doing all this while eating pizza, and bagels, and drinking wine, just makes me so happy.