Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 2BoysMom
Stats: Too pissed to talk about it
WOE: Keeping it simple- Hi Fat, Mod Protein and Lo Carb
Start Date: 1.26.2004 - 1st time. This time 1.1.2014
YUM!....and really??

Stir fried up a whole package of shiritake noodles, some sliced mushrooms, sugar snap peas, tablespoon of stir fry sauce and about 8 shrimp. It made for a bodaciously filling and delicious meal all for about 158 calories!

However, I am going to have to have a come to <deity> meeting with my husband about baking an apple pie and making the house all smelly good while talking to the kids about enjoying it with ice cream after dinner on one of my down days. Yeah, yeah, I know I can have it tomorrow and all, but still SERIOUSLY DUDE??

Still, I'll come out on the other side stronger for it....won't I? (hold me, someone...)

(OMG - he just asked me to help him serve. Trust me, he got the wicked ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? look)

If you want something badly enough, you'll find a way. If you don't you'll find an excuse.

Team in Trainining alumni - San Diego marathon 2005. Half marathon in San Francisco 2007! Working hard to wipe out blood cancers.
2BoysMom is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2012, 08:56 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
with that good sense of humor, you will get through it. And have pie for breakfast.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
with that good sense of humor, you will get through it. And have pie for breakfast.
That's so funny - I was telling myself how delicious it would taste with my morning coffee....Nothing wrong with having breakfast at 12:01 AM tonight is there?
Old 01-18-2012, 12:46 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NoelleSilvia
Stats: H267/S260/C254/T200
WOE: Modified LC
Start Date: August 2012
I can't seem to find shiritaki noodles here in Germany!! We have a similar something, but it has 180 calories per serving. Wayyyy too much!
NoelleSilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:38 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
This feast-famine rotation is terribly confusing to many spouses, families, and significant others. Be patient with him and within a few months he will still be completely unable to remember how you are eating today.

I got a magnetic, erasable thingie I put on the fridge. Every morning I write DD or UD on it as a gentle reminder. The results are amazing! DH only forgets what day it is when he is not looking at it!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:21 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
TOO funny about the apple pie!

Love your sense of humor!

Let us know how that pie is on your UD!
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:55 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
This feast-famine rotation is terribly confusing to many spouses, families, and significant others. Be patient with him and within a few months he will still be completely unable to remember how you are eating today.

I got a magnetic, erasable thingie I put on the fridge. Every morning I write DD or UD on it as a gentle reminder. The results are amazing! DH only forgets what day it is when he is not looking at it!
I have red down arrows on the calendar that hangs on our fridge. Because my husband cooks dinner most nights, he NEEDS to know which days are down days. When I first started this, he was totally at a loss. So I wrote up a one-page checklist of easy DD foods with their calorie counts (take a protein from this list. Add a veg from this list. Use a sauce from this list. Make sure it's less than 300 calories. Stuff like that) and posted it inside the spice cupboard. It's made it much easier for him.

And when he was jonesing for doughnuts on one of my DDs, I made a deal with him that if he waited until tomorrow, I'd go out with him for a nice cheeseburger, and then we could go to Krispy Kreme for special doughnuts. He agreed, and we had a great outing on my UD.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:15 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I'm lucky that my DH is doing a loose version of JUDDD with me, so he's aware anyway. I also don't really have to fix many meals on DDs for him. He's happy to have his eggs and dry sourdough toast 3 times a day. He has them on his UDs, too, with butter. That man loves his eggs, and happily fixes them any time.
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:39 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DeeLen
Stats: (286.6 before WLS)
WOE: WLS 4/25/06
Were they precooked shrimp or raw?
DeeLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Quote:

The bolded made me literally lol.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/157/155 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Ha, I missed that the first time I skimmed through this morning! So true, although my DH is trying really hard. Having him eat whatever he likes on my DDs doesn't bother me, although last night, when I asked him to make me a 3oz burger (instead of a biig one) he looked perplexed, then sad for me, then got that, "I'd better just do what she says or she'll get mad" look!

I'm trying to encourage him to join me on JUDDD...Last night he did weigh his burgers for comparison and was asking me how many calories were in them, so I guess there's hope!

Sorry for the threadjack
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeLen View Post
Were they precooked shrimp or raw?
Precooked, frozen (medium size) - which makes them really, really easy to use. Just run them under cold water until they defrost, then toss them into the stir fry just few minutes before it is done to help them heat up. I don't have the patience for raw.

And yes, he is still alive today.

Didn't have time for my pie for breakfast, though, was running late for work. So had to settle for 2 hb eggs and a banana - all grab and go items!

I am having my way with that pie tonight though!

Last edited by 2BoysMom; 01-18-2012 at 01:38 PM..
Old 01-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #13
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post
my DH is trying really hard
Yeah, my SO is pretty trying at times as well....
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Be patient with him and within a few months he will still be completely unable to remember how you are eating today.
Absolutely hysterical.....and SO true!!
Old 01-19-2012, 07:51 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:

Only prob is my DH can't remember which is which! The other day, he was like, "Which day is this for you?"
I said, "A down day."
He said, "Does that mean you can eat or not eat?"
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:02 AM   #16
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I don't mean to sound snarky here, and please don't take it as such. I am just giving my observations and opinion, nothing more, in hopes it will help to shed a different light on the subject here.

Life happens and we can't expect life to just be on "hold" when we are having a DD.

If the people around us are not doing our WOE, we really need to remember that and just let it "be". They will eat what they will eat, and we will eat what we will eat, and we really shouldn't expect them to remember it's OUR DD/UD or expect them to eat any other way than how they normally will eat or act anyway about food as they normally would. And we would want the same from them, no expectations of the way we should eat or not eat. The joys of JUDDD is we CAN eat that food they are having, but maybe not today, and we really need to remember that most will NOT remember this and just eat as usual around us. .

We can put that food away for tomorrow, if we want it, and it's really up to US how we handle it, not up to the people around us to change how they eat or do things with food so we can handle how they are eating.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 01-19-2012 at 08:07 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:28 AM   #17
_catzy_

Gallery: Bonnie
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I don't mean to sound snarky here, and please don't take it as such. I am just giving my observations and opinion, nothing more, in hopes it will help to shed a different light on the subject here.

Life happens and we can't expect life to just be on "hold" when we are having a DD.

If the people around us are not doing our WOE, we really need to remember that and just let it "be". They will eat what they will eat, and we will eat what we will eat, and we really shouldn't expect them to remember it's OUR DD/UD or expect them to eat any other way than how they normally will eat or act anyway about food as they normally would. And we would want the same from them, no expectations of the way we should eat or not eat. The joys of JUDDD is we CAN eat that food they are having, but maybe not today, . and we really need to remember that most will NOT remember this and just eat as usual around us.

We can put that food away for tomorrow, if we want it, and it's really up to US how we handle it, not up to the people around us to change how they eat or do things with food so we can handle how they are eating.
That is not true for all of us but I'm used to fixing things for dh that I don't eat. Having "his" food around the house doesn't tempt me in the least and he can and does eat whatever he chooses to and 99% of the time I fix it for him. I do tease him about wanting breakfast on days that I don't eat it and it would be nice if he could switch to my schedule since he doesn't eat breakfast every day either, but I'm hardly serious about it.
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

If the people around us are not doing our WOE, we really need to remember that and just let it "be". They will eat what they will eat, and we will eat what we will eat, and we really shouldn't expect them to remember it's OUR DD/UD or expect them to eat any other way than how they normally will eat or act anyway about food as they normally would. And we would want the same from them, no expectations of the way we should eat or not eat. The joys of JUDDD is we CAN eat that food they are having, but maybe not today, and we really need to remember that most will NOT remember this and just eat as usual around us. .

Yeah - understood completely - this was more a funny "vent" than anything else.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #19
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BoysMom View Post
Yeah - understood completely - this was more a funny "vent" than anything else.
I'm sorry!! I am just a little "funky" today and can't seem to see things as they are! I can see the humor now and forgive me for not seeing it before!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'm sorry!! I am just a little "funky" today and can't seem to see things as they are! I can see the humor now and forgive me for not seeing it before!
Absolutely - no harm, no foul!