Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   YUM!....and really?? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/754004-yum-really.html)

2BoysMom 01-17-2012 09:09 PM

YUM!....and really??
 
Stir fried up a whole package of shiritake noodles, some sliced mushrooms, sugar snap peas, tablespoon of stir fry sauce and about 8 shrimp. It made for a bodaciously filling and delicious meal all for about 158 calories!

However, I am going to have to have a come to <deity> meeting with my husband about baking an apple pie and making the house all smelly good while talking to the kids about enjoying it with ice cream after dinner on one of my down days. Yeah, yeah, I know I can have it tomorrow and all, but still :annoyed: SERIOUSLY DUDE??

Still, I'll come out on the other side stronger for it....won't I? (hold me, someone...)

(OMG - he just asked me to help him serve. Trust me, he got the wicked ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? look)

Speck333 01-17-2012 09:56 PM

with that good sense of humor, you will get through it. And have pie for breakfast.

2BoysMom 01-17-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speck333 (Post 15338383)
with that good sense of humor, you will get through it. And have pie for breakfast.

That's so funny - I was telling myself how delicious it would taste with my morning coffee....Nothing wrong with having breakfast at 12:01 AM tonight is there? :rofl::rofl:

NoelleSilvia 01-18-2012 01:46 AM

I can't seem to find shiritaki noodles here in Germany!! We have a similar something, but it has 180 calories per serving. Wayyyy too much!

gotsomeold 01-18-2012 02:38 AM

This feast-famine rotation is terribly confusing to many spouses, families, and significant others. :stars: Be patient with him and within a few months he will still be completely unable to remember how you are eating today.

I got a magnetic, erasable thingie I put on the fridge. Every morning I write DD or UD on it as a gentle reminder. The results are amazing! DH only forgets what day it is when he is not looking at it! :rofl:

lil miss 01-18-2012 07:21 AM

TOO funny about the apple pie!

Love your sense of humor!

Let us know how that pie is on your UD!

synger 01-18-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 15338526)
This feast-famine rotation is terribly confusing to many spouses, families, and significant others. :stars: Be patient with him and within a few months he will still be completely unable to remember how you are eating today.

I got a magnetic, erasable thingie I put on the fridge. Every morning I write DD or UD on it as a gentle reminder. The results are amazing! DH only forgets what day it is when he is not looking at it! :rofl:

I have red down arrows on the calendar that hangs on our fridge. Because my husband cooks dinner most nights, he NEEDS to know which days are down days. When I first started this, he was totally at a loss. So I wrote up a one-page checklist of easy DD foods with their calorie counts (take a protein from this list. Add a veg from this list. Use a sauce from this list. Make sure it's less than 300 calories. Stuff like that) and posted it inside the spice cupboard. It's made it much easier for him.

And when he was jonesing for doughnuts on one of my DDs, I made a deal with him that if he waited until tomorrow, I'd go out with him for a nice cheeseburger, and then we could go to Krispy Kreme for special doughnuts. He agreed, and we had a great outing on my UD.

theredhead 01-18-2012 08:15 AM

I'm lucky that my DH is doing a loose version of JUDDD with me, so he's aware anyway. I also don't really have to fix many meals on DDs for him. He's happy to have his eggs and dry sourdough toast 3 times a day. He has them on his UDs, too, with butter. That man loves his eggs, and happily fixes them any time.

DeeLen 01-18-2012 09:39 AM

Were they precooked shrimp or raw?

mykidsteacher 01-18-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 15338526)
This feast-famine rotation is terribly confusing to many spouses, families, and significant others. :stars: Be patient with him and within a few months he will still be completely unable to remember how you are eating today.

I got a magnetic, erasable thingie I put on the fridge. Every morning I write DD or UD on it as a gentle reminder. The results are amazing! DH only forgets what day it is when he is not looking at it! :rofl:

The bolded made me literally lol. :hyst:

Alcestis 01-18-2012 12:45 PM

Ha, I missed that the first time I skimmed through this morning! :hyst: So true, although my DH is trying really hard. Having him eat whatever he likes on my DDs doesn't bother me, although last night, when I asked him to make me a 3oz burger (instead of a biig one) he looked perplexed, then sad for me, then got that, "I'd better just do what she says or she'll get mad" look!

I'm trying to encourage him to join me on JUDDD...Last night he did weigh his burgers for comparison and was asking me how many calories were in them, so I guess there's hope!

Sorry for the threadjack :o

2BoysMom 01-18-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeLen (Post 15339579)
Were they precooked shrimp or raw?

Precooked, frozen (medium size) - which makes them really, really easy to use. Just run them under cold water until they defrost, then toss them into the stir fry just few minutes before it is done to help them heat up. I don't have the patience for raw. :D

And yes, he is still alive today. :)

Didn't have time for my pie for breakfast, though, was running late for work. So had to settle for 2 hb eggs and a banana - all grab and go items!

I am having my way with that pie tonight though!

Pami 01-18-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alcestis (Post 15340239)
my DH is trying really hard

Yeah, my SO is pretty trying at times as well.... :rofl:

2BoysMom 01-18-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 15338526)
Be patient with him and within a few months he will still be completely unable to remember how you are eating today.:rofl:

Absolutely hysterical.....and SO true!! :hyst:

pjsam1156 01-19-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 15338526)
This feast-famine rotation is terribly confusing to many spouses, families, and significant others. :stars: Be patient with him and within a few months he will still be completely unable to remember how you are eating today.

I got a magnetic, erasable thingie I put on the fridge. Every morning I write DD or UD on it as a gentle reminder. The results are amazing! DH only forgets what day it is when he is not looking at it! :rofl:

Only prob is my DH can't remember which is which!:hyst: The other day, he was like, "Which day is this for you?"
I said, "A down day."
He said, "Does that mean you can eat or not eat?":hyst::rofl:

Beeb 01-19-2012 09:02 AM

I don't mean to sound snarky here, and please don't take it as such. I am just giving my observations and opinion, nothing more, in hopes it will help to shed a different light on the subject here.

Life happens and we can't expect life to just be on "hold" when we are having a DD.

If the people around us are not doing our WOE, we really need to remember that and just let it "be". They will eat what they will eat, and we will eat what we will eat, and we really shouldn't expect them to remember it's OUR DD/UD or expect them to eat any other way than how they normally will eat or act anyway about food as they normally would. And we would want the same from them, no expectations of the way we should eat or not eat. The joys of JUDDD is we CAN eat that food they are having, but maybe not today, and we really need to remember that most will NOT remember this and just eat as usual around us. .

We can put that food away for tomorrow, if we want it, and it's really up to US how we handle it, not up to the people around us to change how they eat or do things with food so we can handle how they are eating. :dunno:

Bonnie 01-19-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15342598)
I don't mean to sound snarky here, and please don't take it as such. I am just giving my observations and opinion, nothing more, in hopes it will help to shed a different light on the subject here.

Life happens and we can't expect life to just be on "hold" when we are having a DD.

If the people around us are not doing our WOE, we really need to remember that and just let it "be". They will eat what they will eat, and we will eat what we will eat, and we really shouldn't expect them to remember it's OUR DD/UD or expect them to eat any other way than how they normally will eat or act anyway about food as they normally would. And we would want the same from them, no expectations of the way we should eat or not eat. The joys of JUDDD is we CAN eat that food they are having, but maybe not today, . and we really need to remember that most will NOT remember this and just eat as usual around us.

We can put that food away for tomorrow, if we want it, and it's really up to US how we handle it, not up to the people around us to change how they eat or do things with food so we can handle how they are eating. :dunno:

That is not true for all of us but I'm used to fixing things for dh that I don't eat. Having "his" food around the house doesn't tempt me in the least and he can and does eat whatever he chooses to and 99% of the time I fix it for him. I do tease him about wanting breakfast on days that I don't eat it and it would be nice if he could switch to my schedule since he doesn't eat breakfast every day either, but I'm hardly serious about it.

2BoysMom 01-19-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15342598)
I don't mean to sound snarky here, and please don't take it as such. I am just giving my observations and opinion, nothing more, in hopes it will help to shed a different light on the subject here.

Life happens and we can't expect life to just be on "hold" when we are having a DD.

If the people around us are not doing our WOE, we really need to remember that and just let it "be". They will eat what they will eat, and we will eat what we will eat, and we really shouldn't expect them to remember it's OUR DD/UD or expect them to eat any other way than how they normally will eat or act anyway about food as they normally would. And we would want the same from them, no expectations of the way we should eat or not eat. The joys of JUDDD is we CAN eat that food they are having, but maybe not today, and we really need to remember that most will NOT remember this and just eat as usual around us. .

We can put that food away for tomorrow, if we want it, and it's really up to US how we handle it, not up to the people around us to change how they eat or do things with food so we can handle how they are eating. :dunno:

Yeah - understood completely - this was more a funny "vent" than anything else.

Beeb 01-19-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2BoysMom (Post 15343524)
Yeah - understood completely - this was more a funny "vent" than anything else.

I'm sorry!! :o I am just a little "funky" today and can't seem to see things as they are! I can see the humor now and forgive me for not seeing it before! :hugs:

2BoysMom 01-19-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15343844)
I'm sorry!! :o I am just a little "funky" today and can't seem to see things as they are! I can see the humor now and forgive me for not seeing it before! :hugs:

Absolutely - no harm, no foul! :high5:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:26 AM.