Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 08:09 AM   #1
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
When Less Becomes More And It's a GOOD Thing!!

I wanted peanut butter this morning, actually had a dream about it last night, so this morning I had a bagel thin with 1/4 the amount of peanut butter I would normally have had in the past. The peanut butter I use on DDs is 100 cals for 2 TBS so today I had my peanut butter for 1/4 of those calories or 25 cals! And IT WAS REALLY GOOD and SATISFYING, TOO and I didn't have to use the all serving to get the taste I was "dreaming" of or save that "dream" for tomorrow on my UD!! Plus, I didn't have so much peanut butter that I didn't get to taste the wonderful raisin bagel thin, AND I saved some calories for another meal or snack later!

I have started doing this a lot on my DDs and I'm finding I can now almost eliminate the low cal foods (except I love this peanut butter ) and just eat a "bit" of the stuff I really like and STILL be satisfied! I think it's the mind set for me that "I got to have it" more so than the amount of that food that "I got to have " and being able to have that food that is creating a win/win for me in my DD eating choices.

Now less has become more for me on my DDs. Less of the foods I love and I STILL get to eat them on my DDs, if I really, really want them. I have no feelings of deprivation on DDs now by doing this, and I still can "have my cake and eat it, too" if I want, just maybe quite a bit less, but I STILL get the taste I'm looking for!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2012, 08:12 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!

Love this. I think I'm headed there myself. Other than shirataki and LC cheeses, which I actually really enjoy, I'm not really having much on DDs that I wouldn't eat on UDs as well. So much of it really is about our mindset, and how we perceive what we're eating.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:17 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SillverOrchid
Stats: Highest weight 214\209.5/180/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 13 Restart
I know my portion size view has changed!! I never realized just how many calories I was eating on Atkins, no wonder I started to gain! I find that I can be happy and full with less.. I dont eat a lot of lf products, never was a fan.. except for laughing cow, and bordens 2% cheese slices thats pretty much it!
SillverOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:20 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
That's what I came to a few months ago too. For a long time I kept the regular item, and a low calorie version of it also, just for DDs.

But awhile back I just decided it wasn't worth it for most anything at all. So now the foods I choose to eat on my DDs are simple foods that are naturally low calorie already, or I eat the higher calorie foods in very moderate amounts on those DDs, and it works just fine.

The other thing I seem to be coming to is fasting until suppertime on DDs, and then enjoying a lovely, full and satisfying meal with a little evening snack later.

There are a very few low calorie versions of something that I choose simply because I actually prefer it over the normal version it is replacing, but mostly it's just the regular stuff these days.

And your mention of a bagel makes me want to go to Bruggers tomorrow for a raisin bagel with honey walnut cream cheese spread!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:26 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
That's what I came to a few months ago too. For a long time I kept the regular item, and a low calorie version of it also, just for DDs.

But awhile back I just decided it wasn't worth it for most anything at all. So now the foods I choose to eat on my DDs are simple foods that are naturally low calorie already, or I eat the higher calorie foods in very moderate amounts on those DDs, and it works just fine.

The other thing I seem to be coming to is fasting until suppertime on DDs, and then enjoying a lovely, full and satisfying meal with a little evening snack later.

There are a very few low calorie versions of something that I choose simply because I actually prefer it over the normal version it is replacing, but mostly it's just the regular stuff these days.

And your mention of a bagel makes me want to go to Bruggers tomorrow for a raisin bagel with honey walnut cream cheese spread!
And with the Bagel Thins by Thomas' I get to have this bagel, only in a thinner size on my DD as well as my UD now! It really does satisfy that "I want it today" feeling and still keeps me within my calories for my DDs!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:49 AM   #6
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Yay!!!! That's awesome!! Hey so what kind of PB do you have on your DDs? Is the PB powder that is partially defatted? Brand please!

I too came to the early realization that waiting to eat till dinner works best for me and allows me to have a normal quantity of food and a lovely dinner with the thought that "from this meal forward, I can eat again". And it takes the frantic out of things. I'm not frantic or obsessing over what I can't have - over the forbidden. As a result, my quantities are more in line and "normal" whatever that is! I also am content for "tastes" or "bites" of things and don't feel like I need to have a serving.

Also, I may want a sweet now or then and I feel like I don't want it badly enough to go make something in the kitchen! LOL. So 9 times out of 10, a square of Lindt 85% and a cup of decaf coffee is enough for me.

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
Beeb, what is the name of that peanut butter 50 calories per TBS I have to get some of that.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:07 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Excellent. I think/hope this is where I too will get to eventually. At the moment - I'm more interested in finding out how low I can go - and what can help me get there!!

Although today's menu for dinner is quite normal!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:09 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LightlyStarched
I totally get what you mean. I've never bought "diet" versions of anything, because, well, Atkins spoiled me. I only want the real deal, lol. But on my DDs, I love that I can splurge and buy expensive things to eat and enjoy. Because I'm only eating a little bit of it, I'm not spending that much. DH and I really like fish, but it can get very expensive to get good fish. On down days, we can splurge and buy a smaller quantity of yummy things and we both are starting to look forward to down days and our luxurious down day meals: sashimi, ceviche, etc. Neither of us feels deprived at all. That's what I like about JUDDDD - there is hunger, but no deprivation. I can live with that.
LightlyStarched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post
Yay!!!! That's awesome!! Hey so what kind of PB do you have on your DDs? Is the PB powder that is partially defatted? Brand please!

I too came to the early realization that waiting to eat till dinner works best for me and allows me to have a normal quantity of food and a lovely dinner with the thought that "from this meal forward, I can eat again". And it takes the frantic out of things. I'm not frantic or obsessing over what I can't have - over the forbidden. As a result, my quantities are more in line and "normal" whatever that is! I also am content for "tastes" or "bites" of things and don't feel like I need to have a serving.

Also, I may want a sweet now or then and I feel like I don't want it badly enough to go make something in the kitchen! LOL. So 9 times out of 10, a square of Lindt 85% and a cup of decaf coffee is enough for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
Beeb, what is the name of that peanut butter 50 calories per TBS I have to get some of that.
SO good to see you Pooti!! Hope all is well. And for you guys this is the peanut butter I'm using. It's got a really good peanut taste and is almost the consistancy of regular peanut butter, much better than the Walden Farms yuck and lower in calories than regular or even low fat peanut butter. It's a tad expensive but I figure I'm not eating this everyday so the cost is so worth it to me to lower the calories and have my peanut butter, too!

Last edited by Beeb; 01-17-2012 at 09:21 AM..
Old 01-17-2012, 09:51 AM   #11
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
I like fitnutz powder, too. 2T is 60 calories and you mix it with a little water and it makes a really peanutty tasting spread
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
I so agree. The one thing that I got from Atkins and I'm not going back on it eliminating fake foods and "diet" foods and "low calorie" foods from my food plan. I really do better with just smaller portions of real foods, especially when I concentrate on fats and protein.

Beeb, I made my favorite stir-fry the other night that includes a little peanut butter in the sauce but I only had enough calories for about half my usual amount. I thought it wasn't going to be very good but it was actually better that way! I could taste the other ingredients, not just the peanut butter. Go figure.
So far: 0/10
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Same for me!

I really valued the emphasis on whole foods on the LC woe, with full fat foods, and less processed stuff that contain lesser quality fats.

The only thing is, I emphasized FATS on LC (steaks, bacon, whole eggs, lots of evoo, tablespoons of vco, etc.) and did not really separate in my mind that there were also lower calorie/lower fat proteins!

If I had thought more about those, it would have saved me when I first started JUDDD because then I wouldn't have gone out and bought lots of low calorie/low fat "diet" stuff. I thought I needed to because I knew all that full fat cream cheese, evoo, coconut oil, etc. would not take me far enough on DD. Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking about having shrimp, fish, and many other lower calorie proteins.... So I tried to get through the DD with some canned vegetable soup and some LCow cheese on diet bread, raw veggies, etc. When I should have been having what would really work for me - a salmon filet with sides of veggies, or shrimp stir fry, or something else like that.

I realize many people like those low fat, low cal things anyway, but I couldn't stomach some of it (like the ff hotdogs) and didn't feel satisfied on most of it (like cans of veg. soup). I found some things I really do like, but for the most part if I'd been eating DDs the way I do now, I would have been eating better quality food and been more satisfied.

Now that I realize it's protein foods (with some bulk added, like veggies) that really fill me up, I have a much easier time with DDs.

I just have lesser amounts of the more fatty/high calorie stuff on DD. Example - A little cream cheese on Wasa crackers instead of piling it high with cream cheese. Then I can top it with a lot of lower calorie, very flavorful things.

I've also had the same meals on DD that I made for the family, just eating much smaller portions of it and eating it as slowly as I can, rounding it out with salad or other veggies.

There are ways to work in little bites and tastes of most anything on a DD, even if it's decadent.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 01-17-2012 at 10:23 AM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jessreadytolose
Stats: 168/162/135
WOE: Gluten Free/Clean eating
Start Date: JUDDD 1/2/13
I am noticing the same thing, I have 2 packages of shirataki noodles in my fridge from 2 weeks ago, just don't feel like eating them. I am experimenting with skipping breakfast on down days now, and then eating breakfast foods (eggs and bacon) at lunch time, and then a very light dinner (salad and a small amount of grilled chicken). Less Fake food for me too!
jessreadytolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:23 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
That's one thing I like about paleo--the focus on real foods.

I'm not doing any lc/lf versions on my dd's either. Just smaller portions/leaner protein choices. I avoid artificial sweeteners for the most part too.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Quote:
I so agree. The one thing that I got from Atkins and I'm not going back on it eliminating fake foods and "diet" foods and "low calorie" foods from my food plan. I really do better with just smaller portions of real foods, especially when I concentrate on fats and protein.
I TOTALLY AGREE and was gonna write the same thing!
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
I like fitnutz powder, too. 2T is 60 calories and you mix it with a little water and it makes a really peanutty tasting spread
This looks very interesting, too! May try this when my new peanut butter runs out!!
Old 01-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
I love real butter - would rather not have it on DD - then eat the fake stuff!!!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:46 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
Me too, Vicky. Fake butter is to me. I'd rather just wait until tomorrow.

I've made the same decision about eggbeaters (at least for omelets.) They taste rubbery and just wrong to me. I think a single hard-boiled egg would be better than a fake-egg omelet.
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:32 PM   #20
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Yeah, I don't do much "fake food". I figure for me personally right now, I need every vitamin and mineral I can get out of real food - not to mention the amino acids I need along with fats within my 500cal budget.

So on a DD, food is very nutrient dense, caloric bargains. LOTS of veggies, a decent serving of the leanest protein I can get and then a dosing of fat - either olive oil or clarified grass fed butter or Kerrygold. The only "fake" foods I really do are the Walden Farm Zero Calorie salad dressing that I mix with herbs, dijon and Bragg's ACV to make dressings. I figure I get enough fat in my meats and with the added fats I put on to allow me to assimilate my nutrients. I average about 30% fat for my 500 cal DD.
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote