Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Does anyone have Dr. Johnson's book on Kindle to share? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/753856-does-anyone-have-dr-johnsons-book-kindle-share.html)

TallToriV 01-17-2012 05:55 AM

Does anyone have Dr. Johnson's book on Kindle to share?

Ok, this may be totally impossible (and maybe not even necessary, considering how much info is on this forum), but before I spend some money I don't really have, it seemed worth asking!

Does anyone have either "The Alternate Day Diet" Or "Up Day, Down Day Diet" on Kindle? And if so, do you know how to share it with someone?

And if the answer to the first two questions is yes, may I borrow it? :o Like I said, I might not even need it, given how knowledgeable you all are, but I'm such a bookworm. I know I'll remember much better if I read it all straight out.

Thanks all! :heart:

SoHappy 01-17-2012 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TallToriV (Post 15335606)
Ok, this may be totally impossible (and maybe not even necessary, considering how much info is on this forum), but before I spend some money I don't really have, it seemed worth asking!

Does anyone have either "The Alternate Day Diet" Or "Up Day, Down Day Diet" on Kindle? And if so, do you know how to share it with someone?

And if the answer to the first two questions is yes, may I borrow it? :o Like I said, I might not even need it, given how knowledgeable you all are, but I'm such a bookworm. I know I'll remember much better if I read it all straight out.

Thanks all! :heart:

Tori, if you use Google to get to The UpDayDownDay Diet, you can read it there, and there is very, very little in the book that is not on his website, for free. Except recipes. LOL And we have better ones here anyway!

TallToriV 01-17-2012 06:05 AM

Oh, thank you, Pat! I've been through the website thoroughly, so if the book is just more of the same, this forum will definitely be more valuable.

KeirasMom 01-17-2012 06:10 AM

I'm a total bookworm too, and have heard the book is pretty much all the information on the website with a bunch of studies on mice thrown in. I didn't end up getting the book and I'm doing great. I think you'll do just fine without it, or I've also heard you can order the hard copy from Amazon for pretty inexpensive too.

Hazelsmrf 01-17-2012 06:16 AM

Honestly I read the book and didn't really take anything new from it that I hadn't already found online. I think sharing Kindle books would be piracy though and against their terms, but I don't have an ebook reader so I'm not 100% sure... I do however sell digital goods and sharing is usually a big no-no.

DarkSiren 01-17-2012 06:21 AM

Julie: Some Ebook Readers have lending as an option. Just like borrowing from a library. :up:

Hazelsmrf 01-17-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkSiren (Post 15335696)
Julie: Some Ebook Readers have lending as an option. Just like borrowing from a library. :up:

Ah, good to know, I didn't think it was possible with digital books!

Edit: That's actually really cool! I looked up the Alternate Day Diet book on the Amazon kindle store and they don't seem to have lending enabled for that title unfortunately so it looks like paper copies are the only lendable ones for that, for Kindle versions anyways.