Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Grrrrrr. MyFitnessPal (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/753832-grrrrrr-myfitnesspal.html)

2BoysMom 01-16-2012 08:19 PM

Grrrrrr. MyFitnessPal

is down for maintenance.

I WANT to see my calories, even though I know I did ok. It's my little crutch! :)

Joedi 01-17-2012 12:33 AM

Oh no! I know what you mean. My iPhone broke last year and I hated not having ************ to take out and about with me.
Just checked and it is on now, but I am in the uk, so not sure of the time difference!

Hugs
Jo
X

gotsomeold 01-17-2012 02:09 AM

:console:

Love those motivating crutches!

KeirasMom 01-17-2012 05:31 AM

It was down for quite a while last night and I couldn't remember what my calories were. I just finished entering this morning and I still had some left over on my UD. Grrr, I really like to use up all my UD calories! :o

2BoysMom 01-17-2012 06:57 AM

I added them up manually and I was exactly at my limit...but I must have tried to log in every 2 minutes last night!

I still have the packages from dinner out on the counter, so I can scan them this morning, My husband better not be Mr. Neat and throw them away before I get to them! :)

DeeLen 01-17-2012 10:05 AM

I recently started using this. It is sooo much better than ******!

2BoysMom 01-17-2012 11:46 AM

It really is - it is SO convenient. Especially if you have a smart phone. I just go around zapping bar codes like crazy and it has roughly a million items already in it's database, too including most of the restaurants we go to.

Each time I eat, I say it takes me roughly 30 seconds to enter info. Maybe 60 if I am putting in a recipe. :)

Best thing since sliced bread! (Well.....at least when it isn't down for maintenance...) ;)

pjsam1156 01-17-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2BoysMom (Post 15336930)
Best thing since sliced bread! (Well.....at least when it isn't down for maintenance...) ;)

I would NOT be able to do this WOE w/o it!!:jumpjoy:
I'm too lazy:o:laugh:

Nelle Belle 01-17-2012 05:10 PM

I just figured out how to scan! Awesome.

DeeLen 01-18-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelle Belle (Post 15337802)
I just figured out how to scan! Awesome.

Can you share? I looked for this option yesterday and couldn't find it. TIA

Nelle Belle 01-18-2012 09:07 AM

If you look on the bottom, go to More, then tutorials. Explains it better then i can

Bonnie 01-18-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeLen (Post 15339621)
Can you share? I looked for this option yesterday and couldn't find it. TIA

Scanning is on the phone apps. On my Android phone the scan button is next to the search box after I click on Add to Diary, then selecting what meal I'm adding to.

KeirasMom 01-18-2012 09:09 AM

Dee, do you have a smart phone? When you download the app to your smart phone, it's already there. You just log in, go to "add to diary" pick the meal you want to add it to, and right next to the search for a food bar, there's a little picture of a bar code. Push that and it will take you to your camera screen. Hold your phone with the camera facing the bar code on the item you want to scan, be still, and it will take a picture of the bar code and upload the information. Then you just need to pick your serving size, etc.

HTH.

DeeLen 01-18-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15339731)
Dee, do you have a smart phone? When you download the app to your smart phone, it's already there. You just log in, go to "add to diary" pick the meal you want to add it to, and right next to the search for a food bar, there's a little picture of a bar code. Push that and it will take you to your camera screen. Hold your phone with the camera facing the bar code on the item you want to scan, be still, and it will take a picture of the bar code and upload the information. Then you just need to pick your serving size, etc.

HTH.

I have the app on my Blackberry

Thanks!