Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   A terrible problem (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/753793-terrible-problem.html)

gardengoddess 01-16-2012 05:29 PM

A terrible problem

Today is an Up day. I had two pieces of toast with peanut butter for breakfast, 4 slices of Bacon for lunch, and a pork chop, 2 small baked potatoes and a cup of green beans with 2 T of butter for dinner. I am a happy little clam right now. And have been all day long. M y problem? I still have over 600 calories to eat before bed. :doh:

I bet people on other plans don't have these difficulties! :hyst:

SoHappy 01-16-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gardengoddess (Post 15334379)
Today is an Up day. I had two pieces of toast with peanut butter for breakfast, 4 slices of Bacon for lunch, and a pork chop, 2 small baked potatoes and a cup of green beans with 2 T of butter for dinner. I am a happy little clam right now. And have been all day long. M y problem? I still have over 600 calories to eat before bed. :doh:

Maybe fix yourself a lovely little snack plate of fresh fruit and cheese with a glass of champagne? Or perhaps some nice chocolates and a glass of wine?

I know about the problems associated with this plan. Darn the luck! :laugh:

SillverOrchid 01-16-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gardengoddess (Post 15334379)

I still have 400! lol and thats with some wine! I ate some steak for dinner which helped up the calories. Will prob eat some fruit and maybe crackers before bed.. gotta love this!:love:

2BoysMom 01-16-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15334408)
Maybe fix yourself a lovely little snack plate of fresh fruit and cheese with a glass of champagne? Or perhaps some nice chocolates and a glass of wine?

I know about the problems associated with this plan. Darn the luck! :laugh:

Ooooooo - I love how you think, Pat!!

Joedi 01-16-2012 05:52 PM

Yes, I love having this problem too! I would solve it with a thinly sliced large sweet juicy apple, eaten with a hunk of extra mature cheddar, followed by coffee n cream and some m&m's! My fav UD supper. Hope you have fun with your solution!

Btw I adore you avi! What a gorgeous kitty! What is his/her name? I have 6 adorable cats and can't resist them!

Hugs
Jo
X

Pami 01-16-2012 05:56 PM

I ate steak fries with ketchup!!

sophiethecat 01-16-2012 06:01 PM

Yes, the problems we have here in JUDDDLand, lol! :)

I love everyone's suggestions.

Here are some more to up the calories a bit in case you're really struggling. :laugh:

Tortilla chips with salsa... I also like to stir in a dollop of real sour cream, some shredded cheddar, black olives, etc. and make a mini taco salad out of it.

Crackers and cheese.

Dark chocolate dipped in peanut butter.

Let us know how you figure this out. :shake:

laceylady 01-16-2012 06:04 PM

I got the munchies a little earlier today and finished my can of "Holiday Mix" Peanuts -- I figure what was left amounted to about 400 calories -- and I still have 1000 calories left for tonight! I think this will be one of the first UDs that I've actually made my 1800 calories!

gardengoddess 01-16-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 15334468)
Yes, I love having this problem too! I would solve it with a thinly sliced large sweet juicy apple, eaten with a hunk of extra mature cheddar, followed by coffee n cream and some m&m's! My fav UD supper. Hope you have fun with your solution!

Btw I adore you avi! What a gorgeous kitty! What is his/her name? I have 6 adorable cats and can't resist them!

Hugs
Jo
X

Thank You. His name is Bad Kitty. He's a loverboy. We have 2 other cats: Ninja and Misty.

sophiethecat 01-16-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gardengoddess (Post 15334537)
Thank You. His name is Bad Kitty. He's a loverboy. We have 2 other cats: Ninja and Misty.

Aww, he is the most precious thing ever! :heart: So snuggly!

theredhead 01-16-2012 08:50 PM

Yeah, eating all those UD calories is a dirty job, but somebody's gotta' do. I volunteer! :D

handbells 01-16-2012 09:19 PM

Homemade creamy mac and cheese made with gf corn pasta and two types of raw milk cheddar. To.die.for.

NoelleSilvia 01-16-2012 11:09 PM

I also keep having a couple hundred calories left. I'll have a big bowl of cereal, leftovers, sandwich, snacks and a big ole pizza.. And still have to eat more. Oy... Have to figure out what more I could eat. Chocolate? Cheese? Chips n dip? Oh, the terror!

gotsomeold 01-17-2012 03:23 AM

DH and I are experimenting with combinations:
Which ruby Port goes best with which dark chocolate goes best with which cheese?

Which pinot grigio goes best with which cheese goes best with which fruit?

(We are part of a circle of friends who like to spot great deals then exchange exotic presents.)

Just eats those UD calories right up. :hyst:

NoelleSilvia 01-17-2012 03:45 AM

I'm having a Big American Pizza tonight (1,024 cal). That'll get me right up!

laceylady 01-17-2012 07:47 AM

The bad part about my UD? I had brownies... the good part about my UD? I stayed under 2000 calories! Pizza sure sounds good... maybe Friday cuz Wednesday is sloppy joes!

ouizoid 01-17-2012 08:01 AM

here is where the coconut oil chocolate candy bark comes in so handy (search LCF threads for chocolate bark)--a couple of pieces before bed and your calorie problems are a thing of the past--plus the benefits of coconut oil are legion.

MLE 01-17-2012 08:37 AM

OH, if the LCFs in the Main Lobby read THIS we'd be SCORCHED for sure!! Isn't it FUN?!!!

NoelleSilvia 01-17-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLE (Post 15335981)
OH, if the LCFs in the Main Lobby read THIS we'd be SCORCHED for sure!! Isn't it FUN?!!!

Hahaha that is exactly what I was thinking when I wrote that I was going to have pizza tonight. I am scared to post anything like that in the ML. I usually leave out that I had some chocolate-y snacks when I write what I am eating today ^^