Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Monday! What are you eating today? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/753711-monday-what-you-eating-today.html)

NoelleSilvia 01-16-2012 01:43 AM

Monday! What are you eating today?

Had a great loss of .7 lbs after my UD yesterday so I am motivated for this DD!

B: chicken broth & tea
L: tea tea water water water water water
D: stuffed peppers (probably just one, still have to calculate the calories)

MintQ8 01-16-2012 01:48 AM

Ah Noelle you're in Germany - so first one up!!! I'll be in Australia in 2 weeks (well actually in Dubai 2 weeks today!) I'll just have to work on the wrong day!!

Today is my first 'in control' UD after my holiday in Austria - looking forward to it (particularly as I have lost 2.8lbs of the 3lbs I put on - 3rd time I've mentioned this - can you tell I'm excited???)

UD

Not sure at all!!!
Fancies involve - Fancy Cheese Toasties, Toast with Peanut Butter & Marmite (an acquired taste), coffee, maybe some champagne - thinking of going to the Longest Champagne Bar (in the world?) at St Pancras station - so maybe some smoked salmon!

Dinner - hmmm, fancying, chicken thighs marinated in soy, lemon, chilli and a little something sweet, with rice and green beans - but we'll probably have something different!

Have a great day all!!

NoelleSilvia 01-16-2012 02:09 AM

Yeah I am usually first one up and on here (this board is the first thing I check in the morning, is that sad? :P). Wow you travel a lot! For work or just because?

I'm going to have to figure out how to JUDDD on my vacations. I am going to NYC next month and to LA in the summer (yeah I travel quite a lot too, for a student).

Dottie 01-16-2012 05:12 AM

Morning!:)
DD for me

B: Coffee w/almond milk
D: 4oz chicken breast, 1/4pk of butter chicken sauce, low-carb pita
S: chicken broth w/3oz tilapia, 1/2 cup rotel tomatoes and 2T instant brown rice

Under 400cals for the day

wastednuffime 01-16-2012 05:19 AM

DD

Tea, broth, Atkins shake (2) and egg omelet oh and LOTS of water.. I :love::love::love: my DD!!!!!!!!!

belfrybat 01-16-2012 06:36 AM

DD for me today.
Br: coffee w/2% milk, protein shake
L: Venison strips, shiritake noodles, broth, LC veggies made into soup
Sn: will try to skip if blood sugars behave, otherwise, Carbmaster yogurt
D: Cabbage, chicken, Laughing cow cheese "thingy"
Sn: (if needed and it hasn't the past few DDs) Wasa cracker
This should come to 450 - 480 cal

Knittering 01-16-2012 07:37 AM

UD.

Coffee with cream
Ham and cheese omelet
Broccoli cheese soup
Tea and mini-scones
Grilled steak and salad

KeirasMom 01-16-2012 07:39 AM

UD

No real plan yet, but will keep breakfast and lunch relatively low calorie because I've been craving pizza for dinner! Of course, come dinner time, I might have changed my mind. Oh the perpetual UD dilemma! :laugh:

Jentri 01-16-2012 07:48 AM

After my first UD...... (drumroll).... A .2 lb loss!!! I was shocked :)

Today is a DD, and like Noelle said, after a loss, I am even more inspired, so I'm not at all worried about restricting today.

2 cups coffee w/ 1 tbl HWC
Vanilla protein Shake

Going to see if I can make it on these calories (150)....wish me luck :)

Alcestis 01-16-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MintQ8 (Post 15331912)
Toast with Peanut Butter & Marmite (an acquired taste)

:sick: I'm a Marmite hater and that almost made me gag! :laugh:

UD for me:

B: coffee w/milk, toast w/peanut butter (300)
L: fish and chips! (approx 600-800??)
D: chicken zucchini casserole (700)

Should land at 1800 cals for the day.

sophiethecat 01-16-2012 08:20 AM

Happy to hear about these motivating losses, Noelle & Jentry! :) More is coming! :high5:

Well, after eating like a beast the last couple days from ovulation, and then being up with water weight to 143#, I'm happily over the hormone-hunger and feeling calm and back to normal about foods again. I could just tell when I woke up and the thought of breakfast didn't really appeal, that the hormones had settled down. Plus my weight came down a couple pounds.

Anyway, we are out of coffee filters, so it's Punjana Irish Breakfast tea for me this morning. :)

adillenal 01-16-2012 08:24 AM

UD
B - 2 scrambled eggs, apricot marmalade, coffee with HWC (300)
L - pinto beans with salsa and one slice of cornbread (straight out of the freezer from last week's indulgence.) (800)
D - roast with LC veggies and a cookie (650)
I quit snacking between meals and nothing after 7pm

SillverOrchid 01-16-2012 08:30 AM

UD

B~ Bagel with low fat cheese and some black forest ham

L~ I have some new Lean Cuisine bag meals Im trying hopefully they are yummy!

D~ Steak and sauted mushrooms and maybe a salad

not sure what else yet!

Mommie22boys 01-16-2012 08:45 AM

UD today...

B: 2 eggs over easy cooked in bacon grease, 2 slices WW toast w/butter, coffee w/ light cream (450)
L: 1 slice leftover homemade pizza (178) and something else...not sure what
D: undecided...maybe some venison stew

Clearly I need to figure things out or I'm not making 1850 today. Decisions, decisions...

mykidsteacher 01-16-2012 09:08 AM

DD for me.

b--1 scrambled egg, black decaf coffee
l--cabbage/chicken/broth/soy sauce/eggwhite
s--?? protein and veggies, maybe a salad depending on calories available

lots of water, tea, maybe some broth mid afternoon if I need it. Not as hungry as my first dd, so I think I'll be ok.

gharkness 01-16-2012 09:39 AM

UD for me today, and I am in a quandary!

Had a chocolate/pb muffin for breakfast (homemade, no sugar, etc....not all that high in calories). Coffee with cream....

I deliberately didn't bring lunch to work today, so I would "have" to go out to lunch. It's a holiday here, and our on-site cafe is closed. Now, I can't decide where to go and what to get! My closest place is Taco Bueno, which I have always loved, but when I look at the nutrition info, I can't make myself give in and eat that many calories and carbs!

Ack, what to do! (This is totally in opposition to my usual obsessive planing....and see where it gets me? In trouble!

KeirasMom 01-16-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gharkness (Post 15332760)
UD for me today, and I am in a quandary!

Had a chocolate/pb muffin for breakfast (homemade, no sugar, etc....not all that high in calories). Coffee with cream....

I deliberately didn't bring lunch to work today, so I would "have" to go out to lunch. It's a holiday here, and our on-site cafe is closed. Now, I can't decide where to go and what to get! My closest place is Taco Bueno, which I have always loved, but when I look at the nutrition info, I can't make myself give in and eat that many calories and carbs!

Ack, what to do! (This is totally in opposition to my usual obsessive planing....and see where it gets me? In trouble!

I made myself a cheat sheet when I first started with items I could get from various fast food places which wouldn't make me feel like I'm being out of control or overly indulgent. I don't always carry it anymore, because I have a couple of "go-to" foods that I found I really like and are pretty low calorie.

Off the top of my head, and places I think are pretty much everywhere, would be Subway (lots of sandwiches and salads under 300 calories) and Wendy's (my absolute fave for UD and DD is their chili--small is 210 calories and large is 310, and I feel very satisfied). Today's an UD for me and I will probably have a small chili for lunch.

gharkness 01-16-2012 09:52 AM

Yeah, those are two that aren't around here...but I'll check around. I can get a salad in several places, but I wanted something different. I eat salad nearly every up day....I may start a cheat sheet for days like this, but they don't come often. I always get to work really early (6:15) and get a great parking place. Most days I won't leave for lunch because I don't want to lose my parking place, but since nobody is here anyway, I won't have to park all the way out to the back 40....I'm sure I'll figure out something! Thanks for the cheat sheet idea! :)

Wallee 01-16-2012 09:54 AM

Very much needed dd for me, wow! So far I've had nothing but black tea but on my agenda is:

Kiku apple
Champions greek yogurt
Weight Watcher's colby jack cheese stick
Can of Progresso soup

Dottie 01-16-2012 09:55 AM

Georgene get a burrito and take the tortilla off maybe? Or have them put the filling over lettuce, and double the protein?

Wallee 01-16-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SillverOrchid (Post 15332506)

L~ I have some new Lean Cuisine bag meals Im trying hopefully they are yummy!

I love Lean Cuisine's potstickers in the bag, YUMMMMMM!!!!!

gharkness 01-16-2012 10:00 AM

A-HA! Jason's Deli. This will work!

Nutty Mixed-Up Salad

Natural, grilled chicken breast, organic field
greens, grapes, feta, nuts, dried cranberries,
pumpkin seeds, raisins, organic apples.

Haven't been to Jason's in years!

See there....it's still salad, but it looks really good! I guess I'm just a salad person.

KeirasMom 01-16-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gharkness (Post 15332838)
A-HA! Jason's Deli. This will work!

Nutty Mixed-Up Salad

Natural, grilled chicken breast, organic field
greens, grapes, feta, nuts, dried cranberries,
pumpkin seeds, raisins, organic apples.

Haven't been to Jason's in years!

See there....it's still salad, but it looks really good! I guess I'm just a salad person.

That looks GREAT! I'm a total salad person too, however I love COBB salads and my favorite is over 700 calories! :hyst:

sophiethecat 01-16-2012 10:49 AM

FD.

-Apple around 10:30.
-1/2 cup whole milk plain yogurt + blackberries around 12:30.

At 2:00 I'm fixing me and my DS's a late lunch of breakfast foods - eggs, sausage links, french toasts and grits! :yummy:

Tonight will be taco salad.

jessreadytolose 01-16-2012 11:19 AM

DD today:

B- Coffee with coconut milk creamer and 2 stevia packets

L- 2 eggs, 1 serving egg whites, 2 slices turkey bacon cooked in Pam spray,

S- Diet coke

D- turkey burger with a dash of hot sauce and a laughing cow light blue cheese wedge, maybe a side salad with fat free dressing if needed

Around 600 calories

MintQ8 01-16-2012 11:34 AM

Well all change!!

B: Skinny Flat White Coffee & Chocolate Twist Pastry
L: Sushi
S: 1/2 a BLT sandwich & a Skinny Flat White
D: Roast Chicken and all the trimmings - UK style! Wanted the thigh and leg - but as I also want a glass of wine - I'll be having some roasted breast!!

Speck333 01-16-2012 11:38 AM

Down Day

I had a great medium day yesterday and the scale is down. I expect a loss tomorrow.
B: coffee & cream; vitamin and protein shake
L: broth and veggie soup
S: more coffee
D: hot pickled carrots, grilled chicken, huge romaine salad with light dressing

about 500 calories and under 20 carbs

SoHappy 01-16-2012 11:48 AM

Yesterday's DD was a little too much, but not as bad as I had imagined it might morph into. Fasted 'til evening and then pizza & beer with family/guests, with a very small bit of birthday cake and a few peanut M & Ms. :laugh:

So today will be an UD, but will be kept in control.

Buttery scrambled eggs with sausage and a peeled orange for late breakfast.

Mid-afternoon meal of sliced cheeses & meats with assorted crackers, various olives & pickles, ham salad, apple slices and white grapes.

Don't know for supper yet. I'm thinking a huge salad of mixed greens and baby spinach with slices of tomato, various raw veggies, hard boiled egg, and a pile of cold shrimp or a chicken breast on top.

And I'm sure getting in the mood for some good oatmeal raisin cookies with cold milk!

Knittering 01-16-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Yesterday's DD was a little too much, but not as bad as I had imagined it might morph into. Fasted 'til evening and then pizza & beer with family/guests, with a very small bit of birthday cake and a few peanut M & Ms.
It's tough to fit pizza, beer, cake, and M&Ms into a DD!

gharkness 01-16-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15332948)
That looks GREAT! I'm a total salad person too, however I love COBB salads and my favorite is over 700 calories! :hyst:

So, that was the dream: now for the reality.

Left the office to go to Jasons....and it wasn't there. Guess the economy got it....not sure.

So then I couldn't figure out what I wanted, so I ended up at Kroger. I bought a "manger's special" chef's-type salad (but very small) for $1.99 and some "rotisserie chicken salad," Turns out one of those would have been enough.

But this is a long way from what I had in mind. Oh-well; I'll have to fix myself something good for dinner, and remember this day next month when I work on the President's Day holiday. :annoyed: