Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Want To Try JUDD But Scared (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/753701-want-try-judd-but-scared.html)

Dee1904 01-15-2012 07:31 PM

Want To Try JUDD But Scared

I want to start JUDD tomorrow but am scared to. I have been on Atkins for a year and got down to almost 180. The holidays came and while I did not eat junk every single day I did at least 3 or 4 times a week.

My weight on January 1st was 205 and I am down to 195 but the weight loss on Atkins was so slow. Sometimes losing only a pound a week. I just need the progress to be at minimum 2-3 pounds a week because for me if it takes much longer I will give up (it's just how I am starting to get). last year I think I gained 60 or more from September to October but am not sure because I did not go on the scale until April and by then was down to 225. So it took from April - October to get to around 182 or so.

Also concerned with the Atkins plan and gaining so much weight just from upping the carbs for a month or so and don't want to become so carb sensitive that I start having trouble even losing on Atkins like I have read on the board.

I am just worried I am kidding myself and that it won't work and I will get stalled and even gain weight again. I never want to be back at over 200 pounds again. My highest weight ever was 307.

But I will start tomorrow and give it at least two weeks. I want to do it low carb as I get concerned about blood sugar issues with adding more grains.

sophiethecat 01-15-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee1904 (Post 15331669)
I want to start JUDD tomorrow but am scared to. I have been on Atkins for a year and got down to almost 180. The holidays came and while I did not eat junk every single day I did at least 3 or 4 times a week.

My weight on January 1st was 205 and I am down to 195 but the weight loss on Atkins was so slow. Sometimes losing only a pound a week. I just need the progress to be at minimum 2-3 pounds a week because for me if it takes much longer I will give up (it's just how I am starting to get). last year I think I gained 60 or more from September to October but am not sure because I did not go on the scale until April and by then was down to 225. So it took from April - October to get to around 182 or so.

Also concerned with the Atkins plan and gaining so much weight just from upping the carbs for a month or so and don't want to become so carb sensitive that I start having trouble even losing on Atkins like I have read on the board.

I am just worried I am kidding myself and that it won't work and I will get stalled and even gain weight again. I never want to be back at over 200 pounds again. My highest weight ever was 307.

But I will start tomorrow and give it at least two weeks. I want to do it low carb as I get concerned about blood sugar issues with adding more grains.

:welcome: to JUDDD, Dee! :)

Have a good day tomorrow (will it be DD?) and let us know how it goes. Just remember your weight may not come off at the rate you hope for, but please give it AT LEAST 2 weeks.

Also, let us know if we can help you with your UD/DD calorie numbers. Sometimes the online calculators give too generous calories and those have to be adjusted.

:shake:

SoHappy 01-15-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee1904 (Post 15331669)

I would love for you to come to JUDDD, but I do want to tell you right up front that this plan is not known as a fast weight loss plan. Two pounds a week is pretty common. Three pounds a week would beat anyone I've been acquainted with here. And when you preface your hoped for loss with the words "a minimum of" it indicates that you would prefer even more loss than two or three pounds per week. I don't think it's going to happen.

For one thing, we only diet on half of our days, as opposed to diet plans where you're restricting every single day. On the other half of our days, we eat at weight maintenance levels of calories, not at weight loss levels. It's awfully nice, but it isn't a weight loss day.

If you have a few hours here and there, I'd love it if you would just begin reading here until you get a real good feel for this plan. Visit the website and read there. You can access it simply by using Google and putting in JUDDD.

I don't want to discourage you, but just think you should know right up front that two pounds is common enough, but three pounds per week on an ongoing basis is something I've never noticed happening here. I don't think that's very realistic for this weight management plan.

SillverOrchid 01-15-2012 08:03 PM

:welcome:

Dee1904 01-15-2012 08:51 PM

Thanks everyone. I will take at least 2 pounds a week if I can get it. On Atkins I was only losing 4 pounds a month sometimes not at all so if I can be consistent with at least 2 pounds I will be pretty happy. I will read more up on it tomorrow as well.

NoelleSilvia 01-15-2012 10:22 PM

I agree with Pat here. Though I think that with any weight loss plan, if you go into it with an attitude of "if I don't lose fast enough, I give up", is setting yourself up for failure.

I started JUDDD because I think I will feel good doing this for the rest of my life. If weight loss is not very fast, that's fine, as long as I'm losing.

And if it helps: I've only been doing this 2 days and after 1 day I already broke a 3,5 week "stall" (Atkins).

Good luck, keep us updated.

oneoftwo 01-16-2012 05:42 AM

Welcome !!