Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Juddd Workouts (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/753669-juddd-workouts.html)

cherryhair 01-15-2012 01:53 PM

Juddd Workouts

Is there anyone who "eats back" their calories after working out and still manages to lose a couple pounds per week? Pat I know you have said you don't eat yours back-just wondering if anyone does. I know Dr. J mentions that you can do this but curious as to how many people actually do.

itsmeshelly01 01-15-2012 02:25 PM

As far as I can tell from this being asked before I don't think anyone does. I guess you could but I think you will find you don't really need to. I don't get any hungrier from working out. Cardio usually kills my appetite for a little bit. I weight lift on UDs so I can eat more protein and I seem to get hungrier from weightlifting than from cardio.

mayleesa 01-15-2012 02:50 PM

i haven't added any extra calories for working out....i like to keep those 'burnt' calories as kinda in a bank, i imagine a little bank when i add my exercise in my ********* account that i can draw from IF i need too but it's like money in the bank....extra...for a rainy day

pjsam1156 01-15-2012 03:03 PM

The most I ever do is 30 min on the treadmill--about 3-5 days a week. So I never "eat back" because I'm still trying to lose--and it's only 100-150 cals.:)

KeirasMom 01-15-2012 03:38 PM

I don't eat mine back either. It just feels counterproductive to me. :dunno:

cherryhair 01-15-2012 04:51 PM

Thanks for the responses- I guess it's just me trying to justify eating more calories on DD

oneoftwo 01-15-2012 05:09 PM

I have not and I assume the calculator averages that in to your daily UD/DD #'s based on what you put in workout wise (how many days/times per week).

For example today I burned almost 500 calories running and it is a DD. I still only ate 500 calories

My only concern is when I start getting into my longer training runs for my half marathon since some of my runs I can burn 1000 calories in one run alone. I am trying to maintain so not sure if that would cause me to lose or still maintain

SoHappy 01-16-2012 12:09 PM

Until the day I find myself seriously on the gaunt and scrawny side, from not eating enough to cover my exercising, I won't eat extra to make up for doing some exercise. LOL

Frankly, most of us live such an easy life, and even a lazy life, with every convenience and plenty of down time, sitting on our behinds, (at least, this is me) that even the exercise we get at our gyms and health facilities isn't much compared to the everyday exercise of living a normal life of our ancestors.

I get plenty of calories. I know I get plenty of calories. What I could probably handle more of, for my own good health is... exercise. But not eating back the few lost calories. :laugh:

avecrain 01-16-2012 12:25 PM

Currently, I am usually eating back exercise calories on UDs, but definitely not on DDs. I like creating a big deficit on DDs, then eating as close to the exact number of calories my body is burning in a day (including exercise) on UDs. The way I see it, this is the best way to keep my metabolism happy and revved up so I can burn away that calorie deficit with fat on down days. I don't make myself eat, but I like food and enjoy eating up to the calorie limit. I also have a bodybugg, so I have a pretty good idea of how many calories I'm burning in a day (to plan my eating).