Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/115.5/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Is the day after a MD always a DD?

Sometimes my dd turns out to be a md, soooo!! Then I get mixed up on just what to do!

Sometimes even my dd turns out to be a up day, then what to do?
leonak is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
In the book, he says if you mess up your DD:

You can turn it into an in between day, then tomorrow an up day.
Or turn it into an up day, then tomorrow a down day.
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
Sometimes my dd turns out to be a md, soooo!! Then I get mixed up on just what to do!

Sometimes even my dd turns out to be a up day, then what to do?
A MD can follow either an UD or a DD. Therefore, it can precede either day to. LOL

If your DD becomes a little overdone but not to-o-o-o--o huge, consider it your DD anyway and proceed to your UD tomorrow.

If your DD gets completely out of control, and is truly very close to being an UD, consider it an UD and do a DD tomorrow.

Try like the dickens to keep your DDs under control, even if you can't eat as low as many are doing, as it does help you after awhile... as though, bit by bit, your body gets used them and cooperates better. LOL

The sooner you can get used to doing good DDs and good UDs, the better your alternating cycle will become, and the better you are doing your up/down JUDDD routine, the faster you will get to that time when the fat just seems to melt off of you! JUDDD is pretty fun, but getting to that part of good weight loss is a lot more fun!
Old 01-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SillverOrchid
Stats: Highest weight 214\209.5/180/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 13 Restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
A MD can follow either an UD or a DD. Therefore, it can precede either day to. LOL

If your DD becomes a little overdone but not to-o-o-o--o huge, consider it your DD anyway and proceed to your UD tomorrow.

If your DD gets completely out of control, and is truly very close to being an UD, consider it an UD and do a DD tomorrow.

Try like the dickens to keep your DDs under control, even if you can't eat as low as many are doing, as it does help you after awhile... as though, bit by bit, your body gets used them and cooperates better. LOL

The sooner you can get used to doing good DDs and good UDs, the better your alternating cycle will become, and the better you are doing your up/down JUDDD routine, the faster you will get to that time when the fat just seems to melt off of you! JUDDD is pretty fun, but getting to that part of good weight loss is a lot more fun!

yesterday was a DD for me.. I did end up going over some.. but was still low enough that it was a DD, today I was down even more on the scale so I was happy! Weigh in officially is Monday so I am excited to see how I end up since tomorrow is a DD
SillverOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mainemom
Stats: 147/125/115 5' 1"
WOE: LC; Intermittent Fasting; Wheat Free
Start Date: January 2011
I had a hard time doing a down day after a medium day, since I hadn't really "fueled up" enough to sustain my down day. I found myself extremely hungry and crabby, and by 1 pm, I really just wanted my big salad w/FF dressing, cheese, eggs, meat, lots of veggies,, etc. So I had it. And I felt better. Made it a medium day, next day up, then down. For me, I've figured out a mnemonic to help me plan my MD days - when I need to switch up my UD/DD pattern and I'm planning ahead, that is. I think, "small, medium and large." That way, my down day will always follow a nice full up day of eating and I'm not so hungry. And I'm continuing to lose weight when I do this, so it must work ok, FOR ME, anyway.
"...had we been discussing disorders of growth - why some people grow to be more than seven feet tall and others never make it to four feet - the only subject of discussion would be the hormones and enzymes that regulate growth. And yet, when we're discussing a disorder in which the defining symptom is the abnormal growth of our fat tissue, the hormones and enzymes that regulate that growth are considered irrelevant."
- Gary Taubes, Why We Get Fat
mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #6
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I try to schedule a MD right after a DD so that when I move the rotation ahead I have an UD right after that MD. I did an UD, MD and then a DD once and I was so hungry on my DD I decided, if I have the option, to never do that kind of rotation again.

If I was surprised and happened to eat more on a DD, turning it into a MD I will follow it with an UD.

Just what works for me!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
The small-medium-large way of working a MD into your rotation sounds like it would be easier for anyone who is remotely new enough to JUDDDing to still need to ask about MDs. Sounds like a winning idea to me!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I think it was Mint who, tongue-in-cheek, said all MDs are followed by UDs.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
The small-medium-large way of working a MD into your rotation sounds like it would be easier for anyone who is remotely new enough to JUDDDing to still need to ask about MDs. Sounds like a winning idea to me!
YES!! That is what I do now, when I have the option. DD, MD, UD! When I do it this way I'm NEVER hungry but turn it around; UD, MD, DD and I'm starving. I'm one who needs those good UDs to get me through the DDs and doing a MD with not as much calories as a normal UD just leaves me starving!

Last edited by Beeb; 01-15-2012 at 01:27 PM..
Old 01-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Sophie - not so tongue in cheek!!!

For me they always will be - but that's a choice. I want to be well fueled before I do a DD - otherwise I may end up with 2 MD! And then what!!??

Say for example:
1) DD Cals 500, MD (for me) 1350, MD 1350 (i'm sure this would happen - as I would find a DD hard after only 1850 cals in the past 2 days!), UD 2200 = 5400 cals in 4 days
or
2) DD - 500, MD 1350, UD 2200, DD 500 = 4550 cals in 4 days

If I do example 2 - for me I would probably end up eating less calories over the 4 days - and I wouldn't have felt deprived - whereas with example one - I would have definitely felt deprived! I know that if I truly managed a DD on day 3 - the cals would be the same - but I know me and my appetite (plus my silly perceived sense of injustice to myself!! LOL!).

This is just my current way of doing it - and I hope it works for me onwards! as it has been!!
Old 01-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Very wise, Mint, I agree that DD - MD - UD is the best way if at all possible. No sense starving and running out of fuel!

"Small - Medium - Large" love that, MaineMom
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cherryhair
Stats: 230.4/215.8/160
Start Date: 1/4/12
So another way of looking at it is that a MD will usually only take the place of a DD-Is that right?
cherryhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryhair View Post
So another way of looking at it is that a MD will usually only take the place of a DD-Is that right?
No, a MD will take the place of an UD and move that UD to the next day. Example here: DD, then MD, then UD. It regular rotation should be DD, UD, DD but you change the rotation by putting a MD where the UD should be and move the UD to the next day after the MD.

Regular rotation:

Mon....DD
Tues...UD
Wed...DD
Thurs..UD
Fri......DD
Sat.....UD
Sun....DD

I will now add an MD this following week because I want next Saturday to be an UD, too, like this Saturday was. If I kept the regular rotation next Saturday will be a DD but I need an UD so this is what I would do the rotation this coming week:

Mon....UD
Tues...DD
Weds..MD
Thurs..UD
Fri.......DD
Sat......UD
Sun.....DD

HTH

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”