Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Jumping IN! First DD over: UD in progress-thoughts/advice?

First DD ok, but I was home doing nothing-ended the day kinda light headed and head achey, but

woke up on UD not feeling any more hungry than usual. Had coffee w/half and half and sucralose as usual, a jumbo egg basted in bacon fat with a slice of slab bacon, 2 slices of rye toast to dunk in the yolk (I've missed that), and then just cuz I could, a piece of apple strudel, which in retrospect I shouldn't have had.

I plan to have pork chops panko'd and fried instead of just sauteed for dinner.

It's about 2PM here and I'm not really hungry. Not sure what I should do...

I don't have any cravings, but I think just the thought that I can have whatever I want will make this program work (I hope), even if I just stick to LC being sure that my cals are high enough.

The real problem I am having today is that my carbs are already at 50, and I normally am at around 20 for the day. I think that is what's "skeering" me now.

Going shopping- will probably get low fat mayo, some greek yogurt, and low cal bread for DDs, also some laughing cow I guess? Still can't find that cabbage/laughing cow recipe. Any other suggestions for basics?

Oh---and since the last time I weighed-Thursday, which was after a regular LC day, I am down from 174.3 to 172.4. Not too shabby, but I think I attribute that to the low cals of the DD. Whatever, I'll take it, and not weigh myself tomorrow.

Thinking veggies and the old dieter's standby of boneless, skinless chix breast tomorrow-maybe grilled? Any other ideas?

How'm I doin'?

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NoelleSilvia
Stats: H267/S260/C254/T200
WOE: Modified LC
Start Date: August 2012
I'm a newbie as well, had my first UD yesterday and today was my first DD. They (the JUDDD experts on this board :P) say that you should eat up as close to your Up calories as possible. I've also noticed this with LC - eating too little calories is not either cuz you get in starvation mode. So try to eat as much as you can, I guess?
NoelleSilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
You two are going to be like me. I sail through DD. But appetite suppression zaps me on UD. I will spend all DD planning to cook something rich and hi-cal. Then, about 04:00 PM on UD realize I've eaten 400 calories all day, am not hungry, have no time (or desire) to prepare the food I dreamed about yesterday, and still have 1200 calories to ingest. Plan your UDs and stockpile UD food my friends. My freezer is full of carefully measured UD easy to defrost meals. Just because we can doesn't mean we always will.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 01-14-2012 at 02:31 PM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gardengoddess
Stats: 199 highest/187/157 current/130 5'2
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Restart: 9/5/2013
The recipe that I found was: 3 cups angel hair cabbage/Cole slaw cabbage; 1 can of chicken; 2 wedges of laughing cow cheese. Saute the cabbage with a little broth or water until quoted, add chicken and cheese.
gardengoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Finished the day at about 1753-my target was 1740.

I'm really concerned about tomorrow.

I don't think I have this down yet. I think I feel kind of hungry. Is that possible?? Just finished a 9 oz delicious pork chop...

You know what's hard? Getting back in calorie counting mode. Did it for YEARS until WW and then LC, and I liked not having to think about it, although I have journalled my food since 2000.

Bought some light mayo-not thrilled about it-and Greek yogurt today.

Gotsome Not sure if I will sail through-I will be thinking about food all day. And I am really concerned what to do at work. I need to figure out DD foods, going forward, I am sure.

Gardengodess thanks a lot. I bought some laughing cow today
Old 01-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
First DD ok, but I was home doing nothing-ended the day kinda light headed and head achey, but

woke up on UD not feeling any more hungry than usual. Had coffee w/half and half and sucralose as usual, a jumbo egg basted in bacon fat with a slice of slab bacon, 2 slices of rye toast to dunk in the yolk (I've missed that), and then just cuz I could, a piece of apple strudel, which in retrospect I shouldn't have had.

I plan to have pork chops panko'd and fried instead of just sauteed for dinner.

It's about 2PM here and I'm not really hungry. Not sure what I should do...

I don't have any cravings, but I think just the thought that I can have whatever I want will make this program work (I hope), even if I just stick to LC being sure that my cals are high enough.

The real problem I am having today is that my carbs are already at 50, and I normally am at around 20 for the day. I think that is what's "skeering" me now.

Going shopping- will probably get low fat mayo, some greek yogurt, and low cal bread for DDs, also some laughing cow I guess? Still can't find that cabbage/laughing cow recipe. Any other suggestions for basics?

Oh---and since the last time I weighed-Thursday, which was after a regular LC day, I am down from 174.3 to 172.4. Not too shabby, but I think I attribute that to the low cals of the DD. Whatever, I'll take it, and not weigh myself tomorrow.

Thinking veggies and the old dieter's standby of boneless, skinless chix breast tomorrow-maybe grilled? Any other ideas?

How'm I doin'?
Don't worry about that carb count. I think a lot of lc dieters get in this "induction" rut and are afraid to leave the 20 carbs a day thing (ask me how I know! lol). I do great on 30 or 40 carbs on my up days. So, don't be afraid to give it a try and see what it does. But remember to keep them in check if you are limiting carbs/wheat/gluten/sugar/etc. for other health reasons.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:02 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Quote:
Finished the day at about 1753-my target was 1740.

I'm really concerned about tomorrow.

I don't think I have this down yet. I think I feel kind of hungry. Is that possible?? Just finished a 9 oz delicious pork chop...

You know what's hard? Getting back in calorie counting mode. Did it for YEARS until WW and then LC, and I liked not having to think about it, although I have journalled my food since 2000.

Bought some light mayo-not thrilled about it-and Greek yogurt today.

Gotsome Not sure if I will sail through-I will be thinking about food all day. And I am really concerned what to do at work. I need to figure out DD foods, going forward, I am sure.

Gardengodess thanks a lot. I bought some laughing cow today
About the calorie counting... go to ********* or fitness pal or one of those, they have smart phone apps and make it infinitely easier that pen and paper (IMO anyway). After a while, you get to see what things "cost" and you get an idea for it, just like carbs, especially if you eat the same things over and over.
The only advice I have is to start the day out with protein, if I have carbs for bfast on a down day, it's a nightmare struggle all day long. I don't know what kind of job you have, but light veggie soup is my lunch choice.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:31 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gharkness
WOE: RNY Gastric Bypass 02-02-2007
Quote:
I am really concerned what to do at work. I need to figure out DD foods, going forward, I am sure.
Plan! Plan! I was also worried about work days, until I got it down. I keep a spreadsheet (with calorie counts) - very informal that totals up my calories for the day and subtracts them from 500, which leaves me with what I have left. I always make sure I have enough food at work that is within to keep me from doing something stupid and leaves me some calories left over for the end of the day. If I change my mind about what I want to eat, then I just adjust the spreadsheet with the new numbers.

You know what they say about failing to plan
gharkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #9
_catzy_

Gallery: Bonnie
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
I am having trouble with my UDs not being high enough because there are certain foods I will not add back in. I could add higher fat items like cream cheese etc but I never did eat much of that before either. I sure do love the DDs though so one way or another I will figure this out!
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:09 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
You two are going to be like me. I sail through DD. But appetite suppression zaps me on UD. I will spend all DD planning to cook something rich and hi-cal. Then, about 04:00 PM on UD realize I've eaten 400 calories all day, am not hungry, have no time (or desire) to prepare the food I dreamed about yesterday, and still have 1200 calories to ingest. Plan your UDs and stockpile UD food my friends. My freezer is full of carefully measured UD easy to defrost meals. Just because we can doesn't mean we always will.
Haha, I think you just might be right haha. My first DD was a breeze. I planned out today (UD), but when I look at everything I "have" to eat just to get to 1,700 calories... And I have to get to 2,200 What a problem to have - not eating enough with a big breakfast, lunch, diner and 2 big snacks. I'm going to try 1,600 - 1,800 first. Maybe that works, because 2,200 is definitely too much for what I can eat in a day!
Old 01-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Speck Yes, I've used ****** since 2003 and before that I used a WW journal so it is not new to me. I have a stressful job in a brokerage. I'm not a soup eater-might feel "full" but not satisfied. No health or food issues re: LC, just wanted to lose weight in a way that made sense for me, a fat and protein lover.

I think starting with protein is the way to go-an egg?

gh Yes, plan, but I don't know what to plan WITH!! I keep reading the posts and DD menus, but still haven't come up with something for myself. I am open to ANY suggestions. I am not a picky eater at all. Love veggies, don't like salads... After I've eaten one, I think, "yeah, that was ok, now what's for lunch?"

Noelle I would have NO problem getting to 2200...

According to the website, at 173, 5'7.5" and-gulp- 65, my DD is 342 and UD is 1710 at 20% and no exercise. That's not very much, even for the UD, since I am coming from LC.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
[/QUOTE]

DITTO

According to the website, at 173, 5'7.5" and-gulp- 65, my DD is 342 and UD is 1710 at 20% and no exercise. That's not very much, even for the UD, since I am coming from LC.[/QUOTE]

I am very similar to you in height, age and weight and my DD is 350 and UD is 1750. DD has been easy for me but the UD is really hard to cut the calories DOWN to 1750 since I had been LCing.
I drink coffee with 1 T HWC at breakfast. Then I wait until 2 before eating and actually only eat that one meal. Not hungry when I get home. I have a grapefruit, HB egg and broth on my menu in case I need it but have not yet. Which actually puts my DD at 200-250 calories. Basically protein in the form of egg whites and tuna over salad greens. I tried soup and was starving by the time I got home so won't try that again. I also like boring on DD so I am not looking forward to a tasty meal.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:07 AM   #13
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
..........According to the website, at 173, 5'7.5" and-gulp- 65, my DD is 342 and UD is 1710 at 20% and no exercise. That's not very much, even for the UD, since I am coming from LC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
..........I am very similar to you in height, age and weight and my DD is 350 and UD is 1750. DD has been easy for me but the UD is really hard to cut the calories DOWN to 1750 since I had been LCing.
I think that's one of the things that draws some of us to low carb when we're overweight... we still get to eat a whole lot! We're told that we just can't eat carbs, so that sounds OK.. as long as we can eat. LOL So we can really rack up the cals doing LC!

That makes it sort of a surprise when we go to all the various Calorie Calculating sites and find our maintenance calorie number is quite a bit less than we've been consuming! Although, for a certain number of low carb diets, after awhile they do run into the *I'm not losing weight anymore* thing, so maybe it's the calorie number. But it is pretty shocking sometimes when we find out how many cals we should be eating as opposed to how many we actually DO eat! That was actually a *clue* to me. I didn't lose weight on low carb. But I have a sneaking suspicion I know why.

But I will say, ladies, that I can eat more calories these days and lose weight if needed than I could eat and not lose weight on low carb, so JUDDD does really rev the old metabolism up for many of us! Keep doing the plan and hold out hope. You may find it's just fine after all.

Some here have to battle NOT losing more weight than they intended.. and have to keep upping their calories to that end. Imagine that. LOL

Last edited by SoHappy; 01-15-2012 at 10:15 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:52 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I think that's one of the things that draws some of us to low carb when we're overweight... we still get to eat a whole lot! We're told that we just can't eat carbs, so that sounds OK.. as long as we can eat. LOL So we can really rack up the cals doing LC!

That makes it sort of a surprise when we go to all the various Calorie Calculating sites and find our maintenance calorie number is quite a bit less than we've been consuming! Although, for a certain number of low carb diets, after awhile they do run into the *I'm not losing weight anymore* thing, so maybe it's the calorie number. But it is pretty shocking sometimes when we find out how many cals we should be eating as opposed to how many we actually DO eat! That was actually a *clue* to me. I didn't lose weight on low carb. But I have a sneaking suspicion I know why.

But I will say, ladies, that I can eat more calories these days and lose weight if needed than I could eat and not lose weight on low carb, so JUDDD does really rev the old metabolism up for many of us! Keep doing the plan and hold out hope. You may find it's just fine after all.

Some here have to battle NOT losing more weight than they intended.. and have to keep upping their calories to that end.
Imagine that. LOL
*waves hand frantically* Oh, oh, me!!

During WLM, I struggled sometimes to reach my UD numbers, but the other half of the time, I struggled to keep from going too far over! Sometimes 1800 calories just didn't seem like enough!

But I'm happy to report that after being on JUDDD a while and going into maintenance, that my metabolism is revved enough that I can eat many, many calories over my old UD limit now and not only maintain, but sometimes lose!!

So you may very well have that to look forward to someday!! As you get adjusted to JUDDD (which takes time mentally and physically) things WILL change for you for the better. And by the time you reach maintenance, you might get to have FD (free days) where you never count calories or at least you might be able to up your UD numbers more!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, sohappythat is what I have been thinking, although I have been trying to keep my LC cals under 1500, and usually under 1400.

Age and no ex. will do that to you, in terms of those cals.....

i agree, sophie it IS taking time to adjust mentally and physically.

And I've been wondering what FD was-thanks!

boy o boy adillenal I'll be surprised if I can eat that little.

I just had some finely shredded cabbage wilted in some chix broth, flavored with extra "better than bouillon", parsley, onion, thyme and 1 laughing cow garlic herb wedge. It was good. Will it hold me over? Don't know, but I would be willing to eat it for lunch at work...
Old 01-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yes, sohappythat is what I have been thinking, although I have been trying to keep my LC cals under 1500, and usually under 1400.

Age and no ex. will do that to you, in terms of those cals.....

i agree, sophie it IS taking time to adjust mentally and physically.

And I've been wondering what FD was-thanks!

boy o boy adillenal I'll be surprised if I can eat that little.

I just had some finely shredded cabbage wilted in some chix broth, flavored with extra "better than bouillon", parsley, onion, thyme and 1 laughing cow garlic herb wedge. It was good. Will it hold me over? Don't know, but I would be willing to eat it for lunch at work...
If it doesn't, next time try adding more protein to it by adding some cooked fish or shrimp or chicken or bits of meat, and a couple raw, beaten egg whites (they will fry into the dish and mix well if you stir it all around while it's frying and will sort of be invisible/tasteless but add another 7 g. protein). That is what I do when I make fried rice, only I use the whole eggs, not just the whites.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gharkness
WOE: RNY Gastric Bypass 02-02-2007
Quote:
gh Yes, plan, but I don't know what to plan WITH!! I keep reading the posts and DD menus, but still haven't come up with something for myself. I am open to ANY suggestions. I am not a picky eater at all. Love veggies, don't like salads... After I've eaten one, I think, "yeah, that was ok, now what's for lunch?"
Have you seen the recipes for muffins? There's one that is HUGE that is only 35 calories (creative use of oat fiber).

"Another low cal muffin (from itsmeshelly01)

2T oat fiber
1T cocoa
1t gluc
1t baking powder
3T egg whites
2T sf white chocolate toranis syrup
a little water if needed

Microwave 1.20 min, huge chocolate muffin!!! 35 calories!!!!
I dipped it in walden farms pancake syrup."

And if that's not big enough, add another T. of oat fiber (0 calories) and 1/2 cup shredded zucchini (10 calories). Add another tsp of water - but don't make it too runny. You want a thick consistency.

Also, there are the shiratake noodles that are zero calorie, but expensive. They are filling, too. From ouizoid

"Pumpkin Shirataki oatmeal

2 TBS pumpkin = 10 calories
bag shirataki "rice" = 0
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 TBS walden farms marshmallow dip = 0
cinnamon

mix together and heat. so yummy and filling for 10 calories"

I'll admit - I'm having a little trouble with this one. The taste is fine, but the shirataki noodles' texture is just a bit off-putting for me. But for a filling ten calories, I'll put up with a lot

So, here's a suggestion:

Sit down with your spreadsheet and list everything you think you might like and its calorie component.

So, mine says something like this:

Almond Milk, 50 (the numbers are actually in the next cell, to facilitate adding)
Carbmaster Yogurt 60
Sweet Potato Soup 100 (97, but I round up)
Shake (recipe I've already worked out to 160 calories)
Laughing Cow 35
Hamburger/Cabbage 150 (that's my recipe; not sure about yours)
Pickles, 10
Biggie Muffin, 35
Popsickle, 14
Greek Yogurt, 55
SF Jello 10
LC Bread with cheese 145

Then I copy/paste whatever of these I think I might want into another column, with my total at the bottom and a "calories left to go" below that. Of course, your list may look WAY different than mine. As the day goes on, I highlight what I have already eaten in Yellow. The uncolored cells show what's still available to eat - and to change. So if something comes along that fits in the guideline and I want to try it, I just edit the spreadsheet.

Hope that makes a little bit of sense.

BTW, my DD calories are also supposed to be something like 350, per the calculator. I'm telling you right now: NOT gonna happen. I think everyone pretty much is able to do just fine on 500 DD's, unless they just want to fast, or go lower. I'm losing great on 500 DD's and I have no idea what my UD's are yet, but I'm losing, which is what counts to me. I still do mostly low carb, but I do dial back on the high fat - no oodles of butter on UD's.

Last edited by gharkness; 01-15-2012 at 12:42 PM..
gharkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

gh thanks for the ideas. I still don't know what my go to foods will be, but I imagine protein will be a big part.

Don't want to buy the shirataki or the gluc. I have LC things I bought at the beginning that I STILL haven't used!

I might try the muffins if I ever find the oat fiber easily, though.

sophie those additions sound good, and I will probably try them. I just wanted to see how it tasted "plain" and I enjoyed it. Good idea about the "fried rice".
Old 01-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Buttercup204
Stats: 204/197/165
WOE: NK/JUDDD
Here's what I do on a down day (and they are always easier if I keep them LC):

I also usually time my DD's with a busy work day like a Monday or Friday so I often do a M-W-F DD and Tu-Th-Sa UD's w/Sunday being a free-for all or if I feel I need to boost weight loss I will make it a partial day, where I eat half my regular cals. I try to keep it simple and not make complicated foods on DD's but I experiment more on my UD's.

Breakfast: Coffee with a tsp or two of cream and splenda or SF Torani or a protein shake (LC).
Lunch: Big salad with chicken breast or lean ham/turkey, tomatoes, a light sprinkle of cheese, a sprinkle of real bacon bits, and a little bit of dressing (I go with LC vs low cal or light as I can't stand it and find its worth the cals for me to keep me under control).
Dinner: Small piece of meat (3-4 ozs) w/1-2 cups of veggies like broccoli or green beans or cauliflower (I am really in a rut with my veggies lol) and a smidge of butter.

Most of my cals in a DD are fat or protein. I actually don't count the calories but I get through this menu easily. I estimate its around 600 cals total.
At night I have a small SF piece of candy to suck on while on my computer and have some tea to sip on and keep myself busy.

Sometimes I will go for a walk on the TM or outside and when I do I always find a bigger drop on the scale the next day!

On my UD's my menu is similar but my portions are much larger and I have treats here and there - just because I can and I get bored with LC once in a while lol. This is the only thing that works for me but LC I believe in for the appetite control and for the health benefits and solid energy I get.

-Michelle

Last edited by Buttercup204; 01-15-2012 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: Added cal count.
Buttercup204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:10 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup204 View Post
Here's what I do on a down day (and they are always easier if I keep them LC):

I also usually time my DD's with a busy work day like a Monday or Friday so I often do a M-W-F DD and Tu-Th-Sa UD's w/Sunday being a free-for all or if I feel I need to boost weight loss I will make it a partial day, where I eat half my regular cals. I try to keep it simple and not make complicated foods on DD's but I experiment more on my UD's.

Breakfast: Coffee with a tsp or two of cream and splenda or SF Torani or a protein shake (LC).
Lunch: Big salad with chicken breast or lean ham/turkey, tomatoes, a light sprinkle of cheese, a sprinkle of real bacon bits, and a little bit of dressing (I go with LC vs low cal or light as I can't stand it and find its worth the cals for me to keep me under control).
Dinner: Small piece of meat (3-4 ozs) w/1-2 cups of veggies like broccoli or green beans or cauliflower (I am really in a rut with my veggies lol) and a smidge of butter.

Most of my cals in a DD are fat or protein. I actually don't count the calories but I get through this menu easily. I estimate its around 600 cals total.
At night I have a small SF piece of candy to suck on while on my computer and have some tea to sip on and keep myself busy.

Sometimes I will go for a walk on the TM or outside and when I do I always find a bigger drop on the scale the next day!

On my UD's my menu is similar but my portions are much larger and I have treats here and there - just because I can and I get bored with LC once in a while lol. This is the only thing that works for me but LC I believe in for the appetite control and for the health benefits and solid energy I get.

-Michelle
Love your menu, and this is similar to how I try to do DD - lean protein and veggies, some real fat.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Speck Yes, I've used ****** since 2003 and before that I used a WW journal so it is not new to me. I have a stressful job in a brokerage. I'm not a soup eater-might feel "full" but not satisfied. No health or food issues re: LC, just wanted to lose weight in a way that made sense for me, a fat and protein lover.

I think starting with protein is the way to go-an egg?

According to the website, at 173, 5'7.5" and-gulp- 65, my DD is 342 and UD is 1710 at 20% and no exercise. That's not very much, even for the UD, since I am coming from LC.
Try a hard boiled egg for breakfast - I have had that for a DD breakfast before and it worked very well and it was fast. I even ate it in the car on the way to work. ;-)

After a couple of DD's you'll get the hang of what keeps hunger at bay and what doesn't. I don't keep to LC quite as well on my UDs but I suppose that is for a reason - to be able to adhere to the DDs and not grow tired of restriction. Just make sure not to restict too much on UDs and you'll be fine.

I have a similar problem on my UDs sometimes - lack of appetite. Ahhh what a problem to have! :-) I still don't seem to have a problem finding food to eat...hahaha. Especially if TOM is coming up!

-Michelle
Old 01-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Love your menu, and this is similar to how I try to do DD - lean protein and veggies, some real fat.
Yeah, without real fat on my DD I get that "I'm STARVING" feeling and then its just bad. I also realize that even if I don't get close to 500 cals or I am above that's okay, its still considered "weight loss levels" - anything below 50% of your UD intake. Cool huh? So if I end up at 800 or 1000 I am still able to lose - just not as fast. :-) However its not a failure no matter what!
Old 01-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Weighed this morning and was down.3 from Sat.

Went kind of crazy on this UD. Grazed all day, and if I can figuire out the cals, probably went over. I had 3 delicious slices of a multrigrain/seedy bread from Stew Leaonard's-one of them had almond butter, banana and bacon on it. Tasted good but didn't need to do that. My carbs are probably over 100 which is unheard of for me....

Work tomorrow for the first time since JUDDD. Bringing a hard boiled egg, that cabbage thing w/lcow, and chix breast in case I need it.

Still figuring this out and hoping I will actually lose on it....
Old 01-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #24
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:

Went kind of crazy on this UD. Grazed all day, and if I can figuire out the cals, probably went over. I had 3 delicious slices of a multrigrain/seedy bread from Stew Leaonard's-one of them had almond butter, banana and bacon on it. Tasted good but didn't need to do that. My carbs are probably over 100 which is unheard of for me....

Work tomorrow for the first time since JUDDD. Bringing a hard boiled egg, that cabbage thing w/lcow, and chix breast in case I need it.

I'm pretty confident that you will get it figured out, will also be able to do it, and then will absolutely lose weight on it! Exciting, isn't in?!!!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Went kind of crazy on this UD. Grazed all day, and if I can figuire out the cals, probably went over. I had 3 delicious slices of a multrigrain/seedy bread ...one of them had almond butter, banana and bacon on it.
Never had this, but it sounds strangely appealing to me!

Good job planning for your meals at work tomorrow, and can't wait to hear of your losses!
Old 01-17-2012, 10:02 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Sophie, it was YUM. Sweet, salty, crunchy, smooth, everything one wants.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

How did things go today??? I had a DD today too . :-)

How did your plan go? Any difficulties we can help you with? Are you going to weigh tomorrow to see? I always have to peek after a good DD to see how it went. Share your experience and maybe we can help iron out any rough spots.

-Michelle
Old 01-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle thanks for asking! It is 9:14PM and I am headachey and hungry, and was most of the day. But since I am so stubborn, I worked thru it.
Didn't have any fat to speak of, so that may be a problem. I'm going to think about low carb, higher fat options, but still just don't know...

Had the egg for bkfst, the cabbage thing w/laughing cow type cheese, and then dinner was 3oz of poached boneless skinless chix breast stir fried with some celery and mushrooms moistened with some homemade chix stock. Also got some of that light bread I used to use on WW and had a slice of that. Going to bed soon to dream of fat and toast.

I am trying to stick to the 345 DD and 1710 UD per the JUDDD site for 20% and no ex, but the 345 is HARD!! Today it was about 400.

Yes, I am going to weigh tomorrow and plan to after every DD. On LC I weighed just about every day as I feel it kept me honest, somehow. When I didn't weigh, it was "out of sight out of mind"...

I think instead of going way off like I have for these UDs, I will just go back to my lc ways-BIG protein eater here-and see what happens.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:18 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

I always wonder how do people eat more than 2,000 calories in a day? Especially doing LC, I couldn't get over 1,200 in a day, because the fat would fill me up SO bad! Now that I've added some more carbs in, I can get to 1,600 - 1,800 but higher than that would not work for me. But I guess so far it has been working for me.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:02 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
AG: I'm sorry your DD was so rough! You don't have to do such low DDs, though. Sticking to 500 at first is fine and will totally work. No need to torture yourself if you don't have to. Besides, once you've got a handful of DDs under your belt, the appetite suppression will kick in big time. Then you won't have any problem doing 345-calorie days.

Good luck!!
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote