Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jentri
Start Date: 1/01/2011
Ready, Set, JUDDD!

Okay, so I've decided to switch from my strict LC regime to JUDDD. Afterall, what have I got to lose besides weight?!?!

I did lots of reading/research today and it seems pretty clear to me that the science behind JUDDD is sound---it just makes sense. Also, everyone here seems to radiate an energy and enthusiasm that I must possess

I started my day eating normal LC foods, never count calories, so I suppose this would be my UD. I did however have a cup of raisin bran cereal. Odd experience to say the least. I LOVE said cereal, but have trained my brain to equate it with weight gain....

7PM tonight-8 PM Sunday morning will be my DD, so 37 hours will be the timeframe.

I've jotted down a simple menu for DD tomorrow so I'm not overcome with hunger/worry. I will simply eat from the list. I even incorporated Diet Swiss Miss as a treat before I go to bed---always helps when you have something to look forward to.

Thanks again ladies for all the information....I really feel good about this, and can't wait to rid myself of these last 10 lbs.

Starting weight: 140

Sleep Well!
Jentri is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2012, 07:31 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Good luck!!
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I'm excited for you too! Glad you enjoyed your raisin bran. I used to LOVE that cereal. These days if I have a bowl of cold cereal, I'm stuck on plain old corn flakes. But when I have cereal, usually it's just plain old oatmeal.

Now, it would be nice if you had no water retention from a bit higher carb today. But if you do, please don't panic. LOLOL I expect you've read enough to know that often we regain water weight, but we lose the body FAT, and are slim and trim in the end.

Looking forward to your first week, and then your second one, and then where you are at the end of your first month! Whee! You're on your way!
Old 01-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Good night, Jentry! I can't wait to hear how it goes for you over the coming days and weeks.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Thanks again, Sophie for suggesting I head over here....I really appreciate it!
Old 01-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #6
Tyl

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Ok about raisin bran! When I first started juddd that's one of the first things I bought. I ate 3/4 of a box in one day. It just tasted so fantastic. Well ummm that was too much bran for me, if u know what I mean Lol

Now I'm sticking to honey nut cheerios anemone more than two servings in one day!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
Ok about raisin bran! When I first started juddd that's one of the first things I bought. I ate 3/4 of a box in one day. It just tasted so fantastic. Well ummm that was too much bran for me, if u know what I mean Lol

Now I'm sticking to honey nut cheerios anemone more than two servings in one day!
Yeah, everything in moderation, as they say. If you eat too much of one thing, there aren't calories or room for something else.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #8
Tyl

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Yeah, everything in moderation, as they say. If you eat too much of one thing, there aren't calories or room for something else.
Lol I wish calories were my problem that day! Lord my tummy didn't appreciate that MUCH bran!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:26 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NoelleSilvia
Stats: H267/S260/C254/T200
WOE: Modified LC
Start Date: August 2012
Good luck to you!! I also started yesterday with an UD. Oh raisin bran! I love that, have to buy that today!
NoelleSilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:33 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
Welcome and good luck!!! You couldnt have found a better group of people and like Pat said dont freak out if you gain a little water. After doing LC for so long our bodies arent used to those carbs. You will love it here!!!!
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:52 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
I love cold cereal. The problem is its a trigger food for me. I have to stay away! Weird and its any kind of cold cereal.
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:42 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Okay....it's been 15 hrs. now...I just had my vanilla protein shake, and I am still feeling a bit empty. Of course I expected this, as Breakfast is usually my biggest meal of the day. Bacon, Butter, Eggs, etc.

I am not freaking out or feeling terrible though, just aware that my stomach feels empty, which is an odd thing for me, as I eat freely and never count calories.

I've actually had fun planning out my meals for today, and even left room (just in case). I've been quite productive this morning (detailed/washed car), and am now going to treat myself to some sewing time.

I will check in later...have a *magical* day, ladies!
Old 01-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jentri View Post
Okay....it's been 15 hrs. now...I just had my vanilla protein shake, and I am still feeling a bit empty. Of course I expected this, as Breakfast is usually my biggest meal of the day. Bacon, Butter, Eggs, etc.

I am not freaking out or feeling terrible though, just aware that my stomach feels empty, which is an odd thing for me, as I eat freely and never count calories.

I've actually had fun planning out my meals for today, and even left room (just in case). I've been quite productive this morning (detailed/washed car), and am now going to treat myself to some sewing time.

I will check in later...have a *magical* day, ladies!

Sounds like it's going well for you. I remember the first time I was conscious of the empty flat-belly feeling and was surprised to realize how much I was really, really liking that feeling!

Here's the truth for me now. Now I much prefer the feeling of being a little more on the empty side than on the fuller side. And I HATE the feeling of having eaten too much.

I love that my brain/stomach signals are so much improved that appetite is turned off before I eat too much, eat too often, etc. I feel like I sort of got into reacting to it all more like a *normal* person.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote