Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: belfrybat
WOE: Lowish carb (formerly on Protein Power)
Two DDs in a row?

I don't have the book, so wondered if someone here who has it would please check and see if Dr. Johnson addresses doing two DDs in a row? For sanity's sake, Tuesday needs to be an UD, and the only way I can figure how manage it is to do 2 DDs in a row once a week. Thanks.
belfrybat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Better not to have two DDs in a row. For one thing, it's easy to get so hungry you crash and burn. Why not just insert a MD into your rotation every two weeks? What will your day be tomorrow? And UD, or a DD. Let's figure from there.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:56 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by belfrybat View Post
I don't have the book, so wondered if someone here who has it would please check and see if Dr. Johnson addresses doing two DDs in a row? For sanity's sake, Tuesday needs to be an UD, and the only way I can figure how manage it is to do 2 DDs in a row once a week. Thanks.
In the book he does address someone wanting to always have the down days on the same day, and it was basically mon/wed/fri down days, the rest up (I think?) I don't remember if the two-in-a-row were up or mid days, I don't have the book beside me to check right now!
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
If Tuesday always needs to be an UD, then your rotation could be, for example:
Mon - dd
Tue - UD
Wed - md
Thu - dd
Fri - UD
Sat - dd
Sun UD
Or, if like a lot if us you wanted your Saturday to be an UD too:
Mon - dd
Tue - UD
Wed - dd
Thu - UD
Fri - dd
Sat - UD
Sun - md
A medium day is just the average of your UD and dd. add them together, divide by 2 and you have your medium day number!
And, if you can get through a dd, a md is a doddle!
Hope this helps!
Hugs
Jo
X

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:37 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for your replies. I hadn't realised that Dr. J. also has MDs in the diet. On the webpage he only writes about UDs and DDs. DDs are easier for me than UDs since I used to do h-HCG and have those recipes.

Saturday is not a "eating day" for me, only Tuesdays as I meet a group for breakfast at the cafe and attend Bible Study in the evening where a meal is prepared. As a diabetic, I have to be so careful of what I eat (even on UDs) that the Bible Study meal (including dessert) has become a special weekly treat. Plus the folks who prepare the meal are fantastic cooks and its a real pleasure to eat their food.

Last edited by belfrybat; 01-14-2012 at 06:39 AM..
Old 01-14-2012, 07:08 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by belfrybat View Post
Thanks for your replies. I hadn't realised that Dr. J. also has MDs in the diet. On the webpage he only writes about UDs and DDs. DDs are easier for me than UDs since I used to do h-HCG and have those recipes.

Saturday is not a "eating day" for me, only Tuesdays as I meet a group for breakfast at the cafe and attend Bible Study in the evening where a meal is prepared. As a diabetic, I have to be so careful of what I eat (even on UDs) that the Bible Study meal (including dessert) has become a special weekly treat. Plus the folks who prepare the meal are fantastic cooks and its a real pleasure to eat their food.
He doesn't. LOL The MD was a newer idea in response to problems people were having with the schedule endlessly making a DD arrive on the date of a big social occasion, etc.

I'm not sure, but think that Kevin Trudeau actually started it (maybe) in his diet (?) book, but anyway, it's a much nicer, neater, simpler trick to solve scheduling problems in our rotations. And the FD (Free Day) was a term I used as a hoped-for possibility for us at maintenance, when we've relearned how to eat without overeating and now have gained a pretty good feel for how our UDs should be for us.

I'm so happy for you to be able to alter your JUDDD rotation every two weeks with a MD so that you can enjoy your Tuesdays with a lot more freedom to enjoy the dining pleasures of that day as well. Sounds like fun!
Old 01-14-2012, 11:37 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
He doesn't. LOL The MD was a newer idea in response to problems people were having with the schedule endlessly making a DD arrive on the date of a big social occasion, etc.

I'm not sure, but think that Kevin Trudeau actually started it (maybe) in his diet (?) book, but anyway, it's a much nicer, neater, simpler trick to solve scheduling problems in our rotations.
He probably ammended his book then because he does mention in between days in the book I have, at the end in the frequently asked questions... so it's a later addition then?
Old 01-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
He probably ammended his book then because he does mention in between days in the book I have, at the end in the frequently asked questions... so it's a later addition then?
Ya' got me. I don't even remember mention of in between days, but that would seem to indicate that they are certainly OK to use when the use works best for us. LOL
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Ya' got me. I don't even remember mention of in between days, but that would seem to indicate that they are certainly OK to use when the use works best for us. LOL
I noticed it in two spots.

1) For people who want the down days to fall on the same day every week, he suggests mon-wed-fri down days, and sat and sunday up days OR sat up day sun "in-between day".

2) If you slip up on your down day and eat too much. Then he suggests either turn today into an up day (and tomorrow a down day), or turn today into an in-between day (and tomorrow an up day).
Old 01-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: avecrain
Stats: 240/197/160 (5'10, age 22)
WOE: juddd; DD 500 / UD 2400
Start Date: september 5, 2011
Yeah, he definitely talks about them in the book from my memory! I read it in September. Just thinking I need to read it again because I know a lot more about nutrition after 4 months of dieting/diddling around on the internet while dieting.
avecrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
Friday was suposed to be a UD for me but something came up and I just let it be a 500 calorie DD instead. It was a little harder than just doing one DD but not realy all that bad. But because I don't eat till after 1pm I sure was looking foward to eating yesterday.
And it suprized me that I ate no more than on a regular UD.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:02 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NoelleSilvia
Stats: H267/S260/C254/T200
WOE: Modified LC
Start Date: August 2012
That's great to hear that MDs are good. I want to make sure that whenever I visit family/in-laws, I am on an UD, to avoid all the "blabla" lectures people like to give me about food and dieting.
NoelleSilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:04 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelleSilvia View Post
That's great to hear that MDs are good. I want to make sure that whenever I visit family/in-laws, I am on an UD, to avoid all the "blabla" lectures people like to give me about food and dieting.
I hear you there. It really gripes me that other folks choose to monitor what I eat and comment on it. It's none of their durn business. I'm diabetic and really get tired of someone telling me, "you shouldn't be eating that, should you?" I am a very well controlled diabetic and know what I can or can not eat at any given time. I don't comment on what others are eating, and wish folks would leave me alone.