Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   new to JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/753400-new-juddd.html)

irene61189 01-13-2012 07:08 AM

new to JUDDD

Hi everybody.

I haven't posted before but I have been reading these posts for a few weeks and have decided to take the plunge. I actually started this past Wednesday with a down day (because I sort of pigged out the night before and decided that I had better do something). I went with a total fast because I know myself well enough to know that once I start eating I have a hard time stopping. It actually was not too bad. I am a low carber so I think that helped. Anyways, here's to hoping things go well since my low carbing had not been getting the results I had hoped for.

Pami 01-13-2012 07:13 AM

:welcome: irene61189

I am rather new here too, but let me tell ya, these ladies are the bomb!!

NoelleSilvia 01-13-2012 07:19 AM

Good luck to you! I am starting today, after 3 months of Atkins. It was great, but I'm ready for some carbs again, and my weight wasn't doing much :(

We can do this :)

sophiethecat 01-13-2012 07:32 AM

Hi Irene! :welcome: to JUDDD! :shake:

sjoy76 01-13-2012 07:35 AM

Hi! I am new, too. I started last Saturday. Welcome :hugs:

oneoftwo 01-13-2012 07:35 AM

Welcome !!!

Knittering 01-13-2012 07:41 AM

:welcome:

I've had much better results with JUDDD than I ever did with Atkins, where I was very lucky if i lost a couple pounds a month. Plus every single day involved white-knuckling my desire for sourdough bread, pizza, beer, and potatoes and having to tell myself "never again" -- it was so sad!

KeirasMom 01-13-2012 07:45 AM

:welcome: Irene. I think you'll just :love: JUDDD as much as we do!

monica1210 01-13-2012 07:46 AM

Welcome! I am in love with this WOE. You will be too!

SillverOrchid 01-13-2012 07:47 AM

:welcome::hiya:

SoHappy 01-13-2012 08:47 AM

Welcome, Irene and sJoy too! If you've been reading past posts here and digging deep, you will be a pro in no time, and reaping all the benefits of doing JUDDD! It's a whole lot more than merely weight loss, although that's mostly why we come to it.

I wish you great success, and think you will love it as much as we do! Woo Hoo!

:welcome:

irene61189 01-13-2012 09:05 AM

Thanks everybody. You guys are wonderful:heart:.

A quick question: If I do a total fast (or close to it) on my DD's, is it okay to go over on my UD's by the 500 cals?

mykidsteacher 01-13-2012 09:13 AM

Hi Irene. I'm new too. Coming at this from a primal/paleo woe---so low carb here too, but with a twist.

Look forward to making the journey together.

SoHappy 01-13-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irene61189 (Post 15324331)

A quick question: If I do a total fast (or close to it) on my DD's, is it okay to go over on my UD's by the 500 cals?

I wouldn't, but you get to do anything in the world you want to do. :laugh:

For myself, I don't want to encourage my brain to accept that way of eating anymore, to direct that way of eating anymore, to even have that idea pop into it anymore. If I eat lower on my fasting day, or skip my DD calories completely, that just brings me to weight loss a bit faster, which ain't all bad!

But my overeating desire and habit was a great deal of what brought me to the size I was humiliated to live at, so while in maintenance now I'm freer to eat at a higher level than I did during my weight loss, I would never intentionally add calories to my UDs just for the sake of overeating. It's too dangerous to me and my relationship with food. It was my poor relationship with food that started a lot of my unhappy obesity. I want that habit broken for good! LOL :laugh:

Just my opinion. We all decide for ourselves how we are going to direct our relationship with our foods and food choices. Good luck to you however you decide. I wish you nothing but great success.

sophiethecat 01-13-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irene61189 (Post 15324331)

From what I understand, your UD calories are set no matter what. Even if you do a 0 calorie DD (which Dr. J probably thought was how it should go in the lab setting, but he knew in the real world most of us wouldn't want to do 0 calorie and even he himself doesn't do 0 calorie, afaik), you still do your regular UD numbers.

The great thing about JUDDD is, you get to eat anyway on the "fasting" days! Around 500 calories on DD, give or take :) If you see what I mean.

If you want to fast completely on DD, that's fine, but you don't have to. You can still eat calories (I eat 500 - 700) and I still lost and SIRT1 still showed up and everything was great, but the UD numbers are a constant, you might say, whether eating 0 - 700 on DD.

I hope I made that understandable. But like Pat said, you can do it how you like ultimately, it's your decision.

HTH :)

Beeb 01-13-2012 09:28 AM

:welcome: and I look forward to reading about your journey here with us JUDDD BUDDDs!! And my opinion about "carry over" calories if you are doing a fasting DD is that it's not mentioned anywhere in the JUDDD book or on the JUDDD site so it's not something I would do. We all do what works for us but my understanding is JUDDD work, as suggested and written, because of the science behind it of UD and DD calories and kinda shocking our bodies into using those UD calories to fuel us for the DDs and the calories gap suggestion is also a science that helps JUDDD to work it's magic. Fasting is mentioned in the book, even suggested as the best thing to do if you can do it, but unlike WW, bringing those unused DD calories over to use on an UD is just giving you more calories than what, it seems, may be needed.

Just my opinion and observations from what I understand and NOT what anyone else should or shouldn't do.