Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 01:02 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!
 
NoelleSilvia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,027
Gallery: NoelleSilvia
Stats: H267/S260/C254/T200
WOE: Modified LC
Start Date: August 2012
I'm jumping in!

I have decided to start JUDDD, even though my weight was down today. I am making a conscious decision to put Atkins on hold and do JUDDD.

I'm starting with an UD today because yesterday almost resembled a DD (not on purpose, but I wasn't feeling well, so I didn't have any diner and hardly any breakfast/lunch).

I'm going to reintroduce small amounts of carbs to my diet, because that is the main reason why I want to do JUDDD. To have carbs and still lose weight. Not going to go all carb-crazy, but I will have some bread every now and then and fries every month or so. Going to start with 1800/500 and see how that goes.

Don't wish me luck, wish me strength and FUN, most of all!
__________________
xoxo

Noelle

Beating my addiction to the scale
NoelleSilvia is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2012, 01:16 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!
 
SillverOrchid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Pennsburg, PA
Posts: 6,568
Gallery: SillverOrchid
Stats: Highest weight 214\209.5/180/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 13 Restart
You can do this, and adding back in foods is so the fun part.. ok that and this board is fun too!
SillverOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:50 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!
 
NoelleSilvia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,027
Gallery: NoelleSilvia
Stats: H267/S260/C254/T200
WOE: Modified LC
Start Date: August 2012
Thank you!! I am eating a raisin bun (something Dutch) with cheese and butter for the first time in 4 months and I am enjoying the cr*p out of it!! I've been dreaming of this!
NoelleSilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:51 AM   #4
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 72,018
Gallery: Dottie
lol enjoy it, Noelle
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:55 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,912
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Good Morning, again! Glad to hear that you decided to go ahead and join us doing the JUDDD plan. I was hoping you would.

And if you experience the weight GAIN that most of us do when we start allowing some carbs back in again, I know that you also know it's only water regain, that's just the way of it, and so be it.

And then when your scale starts showing the weight losses again, you'll know they are losses of body fat, and not just depleting your body of it's stored fluid weight. And that's the stage you want to get to, 'cause that's the time when it's really fun.. seeing weight go down on the scale at the same time you're posting about the meals you just enjoyed that actually included a raisin bun with cheese and butter! LOLOLOL

Have patience, and enjoy!
__________________
Best wishes, Pat
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:02 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Have fun today, Noelle!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:17 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!
 
NoelleSilvia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,027
Gallery: NoelleSilvia
Stats: H267/S260/C254/T200
WOE: Modified LC
Start Date: August 2012
Thanks all!! Today has been really good. I ate quite normal, had some bread and it hasn't triggered any cravings yet. Also going to have some fries tonight, since I told myself that that is the first thing I want once I can eat carbs again.

Yes I know the first days will be water weight. I won't be adding too many carbs at once, staying away from the sugar for now. I've decided to weigh myself only every other day after my DDs. I've been a daily weigher and hopefully this will help me not be so obsessed with the scale!

Is it necessary to eat up to your calorie ceiling? Is it better to do so, than to stay approx 500 calories under, on an UD?
NoelleSilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:24 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelleSilvia View Post
Thanks all!! Today has been really good. I ate quite normal, had some bread and it hasn't triggered any cravings yet. Also going to have some fries tonight, since I told myself that that is the first thing I want once I can eat carbs again.

Yes I know the first days will be water weight. I won't be adding too many carbs at once, staying away from the sugar for now. I've decided to weigh myself only every other day after my DDs. I've been a daily weigher and hopefully this will help me not be so obsessed with the scale!

Is it necessary to eat up to your calorie ceiling? Is it better to do so, than to stay approx 500 calories under, on an UD?
Eat up to your calorie ceiling or as close as you can.

I'm not sure, but I think this may be one thing that helped my metabolism in the long run. Because by the time I'd reached maintenance, I found I could eat well above my calorie ceiling that I'd had to hold to in weight-loss mode (WLM). I now have FDs that I know are going at least 700 calories over my WLM calories, and not only do I not gain on those calories now (I would have during WLM) but I even lose some!
__________________
Started JUDDD 10/12/11 after LC.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:41 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!
 
NoelleSilvia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,027
Gallery: NoelleSilvia
Stats: H267/S260/C254/T200
WOE: Modified LC
Start Date: August 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Eat up to your calorie ceiling or as close as you can.

I'm not sure, but I think this may be one thing that helped my metabolism in the long run. Because by the time I'd reached maintenance, I found I could eat well above my calorie ceiling that I'd had to hold to in weight-loss mode (WLM). I now have FDs that I know are going at least 700 calories over my WLM calories, and not only do I not gain on those calories now (I would have during WLM) but I even lose some!
OK that is good news.. I think. Haha. I will have to figure out a way to get up to 1,800 calories on my Up Days. Never thought that was a problem until I started tracking my calories closely, 3 months ago
NoelleSilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,912
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Get up there pretty close if you can. If you just eat little, day after day after day, it's pretty much just like any other low calorie diet plan.

And the problem with that scenario is that eating low calorie numbers for too long a period tends to slow the metabolism down and make it sluggish... just the opposite of what we'd like to have happen to us! Sometimes, at least for some, they can get their metabolism to pop back up and run faster, once they want to start eating a bit more, but for a lot of us, we can't seem to get it to rev back up very much. Hate to have to go through life with a trashed metabolism if you can help it!

The big spread between low DDs and high UDs and the constant pounding up and down between those two numbers seems to help stimulate the metabolism somehow. Our final goal is to be able to eat low for weight loss, without our brain being stimulated to lower our metabolism from it. Instead, before our brain begins to think we're in the midst of a famine, we eat a big UD again, and our brain isn't triggered to slow metabolism. Works pretty good.

By respecting our calorie numbers pretty well, many have been able to enhance their metabolic rate at the same time they were losing weight. In fact, toward the end of weight loss, many find their losses going faster, rather than slowing down, just because their metabolisms are burning faster in addition to them keeping their DD calorie low still.
Win-Win!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #11
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
and this thread may help with your ? about eating up to your UD calorie level.

YOU GOTTA EAT!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member
 
pjsam1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 497
Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelleSilvia View Post
Thank you!! I am eating a raisin bun (something Dutch) with cheese and butter for the first time in 4 months and I am enjoying the cr*p out of it!! I've been dreaming of this!
I had a scone w/tea on my first UD and thought I had gone to heaven!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!
 
NoelleSilvia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,027
Gallery: NoelleSilvia
Stats: H267/S260/C254/T200
WOE: Modified LC
Start Date: August 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Get up there pretty close if you can. If you just eat little, day after day after day, it's pretty much just like any other low calorie diet plan.

And the problem with that scenario is that eating low calorie numbers for too long a period tends to slow the metabolism down and make it sluggish... just the opposite of what we'd like to have happen to us! Sometimes, at least for some, they can get their metabolism to pop back up and run faster, once they want to start eating a bit more, but for a lot of us, we can't seem to get it to rev back up very much. Hate to have to go through life with a trashed metabolism if you can help it!

The big spread between low DDs and high UDs and the constant pounding up and down between those two numbers seems to help stimulate the metabolism somehow. Our final goal is to be able to eat low for weight loss, without our brain being stimulated to lower our metabolism from it. Instead, before our brain begins to think we're in the midst of a famine, we eat a big UD again, and our brain isn't triggered to slow metabolism. Works pretty good.

By respecting our calorie numbers pretty well, many have been able to enhance their metabolic rate at the same time they were losing weight. In fact, toward the end of weight loss, many find their losses going faster, rather than slowing down, just because their metabolisms are burning faster in addition to them keeping their DD calorie low still.
Win-Win!
This sounds very logical. With Atkins I have definitely not been eating enough, couldn't get higher than 1,100 because the protein and fat made me full so fast. I guess that's why after losing 26+ lbs weight loss came to a halt. I am going to up my calories little by little, while staying low on my DDs. I am excited for tomorrow, see how I will do on my first DD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
and this thread may help with your ? about eating up to your UD calorie level.

YOU GOTTA EAT!!
Thanks for the link!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsam1156 View Post
I had a scone w/tea on my first UD and thought I had gone to heaven!
Hahaha! Great! I just had fries (yeah I went all out!) and I never ate so slowly. Wanted to enjoy every single bite!
NoelleSilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
piratejenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,909
Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelleSilvia View Post
I've decided to weigh myself only every other day after my DDs.
The funny thing is, though, that a lot of us see our lowest weights after an UD!

There are a few theories about this floating around, but it seems that it takes 24-48 hours for your body to fully digest & "react" to what you've eaten. You may expect to see a loss as soon as you wake up after a strict DD but the next day is when it will actually show up.

I weigh daily and average it for the week.

But whatever you find least obsessive and most encouraging is the best thing, of course!
__________________
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast." --Ace Rimmer
"Really, how is eating a piece of cake bad? Being bad is murdering someone.
That's bad. Don't do that." --Sarah Michelle Gellar
****************************************
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6

Last edited by piratejenny; 01-13-2012 at 11:05 AM..
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member
 
pjsam1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 497
Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
The funny thing is, though, that a lot of us see our lowest weights after an UD!

There are a few theories about this floating around, but it seems that it takes 24-48 hours for your body to fully digest & "react" to what you've eaten. You may expect to see a loss as soon as you wake up after a strict DD but the next day is when it will actually show up.

I weigh daily and average it for the week.

But whatever you find least obsessive and most encouraging is the best thing, of course!
I saw a .5 lb loss this morning, and yesterday was a UD.
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:54 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!
 
NoelleSilvia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,027
Gallery: NoelleSilvia
Stats: H267/S260/C254/T200
WOE: Modified LC
Start Date: August 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
The funny thing is, though, that a lot of us see our lowest weights after an UD!

There are a few theories about this floating around, but it seems that it takes 24-48 hours for your body to fully digest & "react" to what you've eaten. You may expect to see a loss as soon as you wake up after a strict DD but the next day is when it will actually show up.

I weigh daily and average it for the week.

But whatever you find least obsessive and most encouraging is the best thing, of course!
I kind of pigged out 2 days ago and the next motning I was at my lowest weight since years. So strange but I'll take it.

Well, my Up Day went good, didn't quite eat up to my calories but I will get there eventually. And I stepped on the scale this morning and there was no gain!! After bread and fries, this is great news! I hope to see another lowest weight tomorrow

Today my first DD! I'm excited if I can get through this, it'll be easy for me, because the days where I don't have anywhere to go, are the hardest. I'm going to have lots of tea, broth and water during the day and have a chicken salad tonight will keep you updated on how I'm doing

Last edited by NoelleSilvia; 01-13-2012 at 11:39 PM..
NoelleSilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:38 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!
 
itsmeshelly01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 1,619
Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
Welcome Noelle and you will do great!!!!
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:15 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!
 
NoelleSilvia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,027
Gallery: NoelleSilvia
Stats: H267/S260/C254/T200
WOE: Modified LC
Start Date: August 2012
I am at the end of my first DD and I'm feeling great. As expected I was hardly hungry at all during the day. I had some broth around 1pm and a pot of tea. I was good until around 6pm. Had diner at 7.30 - salad with lettuce, cucumber, feta cheese and chicken. Hardly 400 calories.

It feels great to be in control and not to think about food all the time. I didn't feel deprived at all. I bought some yummy food for tomorrow and I am looking forward to that!
NoelleSilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:46 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.