Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Majella
Stats: 191/183/132
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013
Wish me luck

Ive finally decided to step on my scales in the morning. I had a dream last night about it and it was an awful high number and I cried then today I felt like hey its ok, like i got over the shock in my dream! I will keep on walking anyway, my legs are toning up so much its great. But my tummy isn't and it hurts because I have 2 hernias there as well! Ok Im off to bed now, fingers crossed for an ok number.....
Majella is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Good luck, Majella! And remember, no matter what the scale says, you're amazing and we love you!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I'm hopeful for you! And proud of you for working on you, and getting in the exercise too!

If your weight is down, that will be a good indication that your current numbers are set pretty well, and you're respecting them pretty well too.

If there is no weight loss, we will help advise so that the next week is better.

But either way, it's exciting, and you're on your way to a whole new you. So don't fear the weigh-in. It's shortly going to give you some valuable information!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Fingers, toes, eyes crossed for you!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SillverOrchid
Stats: Highest weight 214\209.5/180/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 13 Restart
Luck!!!
SillverOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Will be thinking of you!

Hugs from a fellow walker
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #7

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Good luck and sweet dreams!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #8
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
good luck...!!!
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:39 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone! Well I'm back where I started at 162lbs but I weighed myself after an up day so it'll look better tomorrow...I hope. I was very stressed in November & December and just comfort ate, things have calmed down now so I can concentrate on my weight loss properly
Old 01-13-2012, 01:22 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
That is pretty good after two months of stress relief/comfort food eating and an UD! I think you did very well! I bet those extra pounds will melt away quickly.

Chuckle, all you and I and a whole lot of other people have to do is figure out how to make our bodies understand that food is for strength and something else is for stress reduction.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:31 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Yes Nancy thats the hard part! it's the first thing I go to when I am stressed and it's usually white bread, cookies, crisps and cola!! I am lucky because even though I put on weight it's not all that visible just bigger boobs and more rounded bellies lol it looks like I have 2!!
Old 01-13-2012, 05:01 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majella View Post
Thanks everyone! Well I'm back where I started at 162lbs but I weighed myself after an up day so it'll look better tomorrow...I hope. I was very stressed in November & December and just comfort ate, things have calmed down now so I can concentrate on my weight loss properly
If you have added more carb foods into your diet on JUDDD than previously perhaps... this is a real good scale reading. Pretty encouraging!

Now, as you continue, the losses should reflect loss of body fat at the same time you are now allowing your body to carry normal fluid weight from some carbs in your diet, so I think this is looking very encouraging at this time!

Way to go! This is starting off pretty well for sure.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Pat,you made me feel good with your last post. I went to town on carbs lol completely indulged myself, esp when I was alone. Ate half tin cookies on my own one day!! But then I got that kidney infection and didn't eat much so that helped diet wise. Fell off the wagon today on my DD ended up eating 1500 calories. Hubby will be gone for a week on Sunday and at least then I have a week where I can plan my food around my up and down days!
Old 01-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #15

Quote:
Thanks Pat,you made me feel good with your last post. I went to town on carbs lol completely indulged myself, esp when I was alone. Ate half tin cookies on my own one day!! But then I got that kidney infection and didn't eat much so that helped diet wise. Fell off the wagon today on my DD ended up eating 1500 calories. Hubby will be gone for a week on Sunday and at least then I have a week where I can plan my food around my up and down days!
The longer you are on JUDDD, and the more you can do it correctly, the sooner it will work its magic in normalizing your relationship to food, so try hard. It's worth it.

As you read these threads of everybody posting their experiences, isn't it amazing that there are so many posts about folks gradually finding their DDs so easy to do, or the hunger not being there anymore, of not feeling the compulsions to *snarf*, of having the next UD dawn and finding they aren't even hungry then and don't even eat until almost midday?!!! That's a part of the magic of JUDDD.

I know you will get there. Just don't give up! I was not a good JUDDDer when I first started. Try as I might, DDs were just plain hard, I was just plain hungry, and I just plain failed to hold my calories down. But gradually it got better, and now.. I'm on a DD today and don't know whether I'll eat or not. Well, I'm in maintenance, so I probably will. But I wouldn't have to. See what I'm saying?

Just Keep On Keepin' On. It'll fall into place shortly, I expect. But try! Really try! Plan. Prepare ahead. Know how you're going to address each day, and what the foods are going to be, and how many calories you're going to eat. And SAVE some calories for snacks, 'cause sometimes those can be the real lifesaver!

Good luck. I know you can do it! And you'll be so, so, so happy that you prevailed! It's so worth it!

Last edited by SoHappy; 01-13-2012 at 03:34 PM..
Old 01-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

I see what you mean, yesterday I didnt eat until 12.30pm and hadnt planned my day well so ate some rubbish. Made a list of foods today especially for DD so I wont be tempted to eat rubbish. I will not give up!! besides the scales were down 1.2lbs this morning
Old 01-14-2012, 08:35 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Quote:
I see what you mean, yesterday I didnt eat until 12.30pm and hadnt planned my day well so ate some rubbish. Made a list of foods today especially for DD so I wont be tempted to eat rubbish. I will not give up!! besides the scales were down 1.2lbs this morning
Hot dog! Great job, Majella!
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #18

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
I will not give up!! besides the scales were down 1.2lbs this morning
WTG!!!
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #19

Quote:
Heh! Heh! Heh! Funny how that happens, isn't it.

Yes, get the foods you need to stockpile at home to make doing the plan easier for you, and helps you keep to the plan closer and more easily.

The longer you stick with this, the easier it will become, and the more perfectly you will be able to do it for your own needs, and that's when it actually just becomes easy. AND very successful! LOL

Lovely to see the 1.2 pounds down on the scale! Keep up the good work!
Old 01-14-2012, 08:48 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Great job, Majella!
Old 01-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone, Im feeling very motivated today and excited. Ill start reading the book tomorrow:-)
Old 01-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
I am happy for you!
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Scales today were 161.4 and today was a DD but I messed it up at 6pm this evening....I dont know what gets into me it was such a mad craving. Ate around 1000 calories today way too much for a DD but Ill keep charging on. I will do this
Old 01-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Scales today were 161.4 and today was a DD but I messed it up at 6pm this evening....I dont know what gets into me it was such a mad craving. Ate around 1000 calories today way too much for a DD but Ill keep charging on. I will do this
You're still down from the 162# you posted a little way up the thread, so good job!

If it were me, I'd go ahead with an UD tomorrow (refuel and just move on from today), and keep up the pattern. Good job, Majella
Old 01-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Good job on the loss! KUTGW. Even when you stumble, you can just get right back up and on plan.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:32 AM   #26

Quote:
You will get there too, just like the rest of us. Hang in there. The big thing at first is to keep trying, and I mean really trying, to do those good DDs, and eventually you can. I was like you, in that I found it hard.. scratch that.. nearly impossible, to hold that low at the beginning, but I kept trying and then, somehow, it *clicked* and I could do it, and then it *clicked* another notch and it became much easier, and then it *clicked* some more and it became easy. I believe this will happen for you too.

Keep yourself motivated by reading of all the success folks find here, doing JUDDD, and of planning your next wardrobe! LOL

And experiment with what eating schedule works the best for you to ward off hunger pangs on DDs. Have you tried fasting until the evening meal, for example? Things like that.

And certainly experiment with the foods so many talk about here, that they find delicious and filling and satisfying on their own Down Days. Some do well on mostly protein, while others need the bulk of large helpings of low calorie vegetables. Some are most satisfied if they can snack on raw veggies all day long, and for me, I've found huge glassfuls of plain iced tea throughout the day to keep comfortable with no hunger pangs at all and now fast until suppertime.

Keep going. Once it gets easy, it's truly EASY, and the rewards and benefits in health and mental attitude, as well as the weight loss, are so very worth it! Keep it up. Good luck.

Last edited by SoHappy; 01-16-2012 at 10:34 AM..
Old 01-16-2012, 10:48 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Humm fasting till dinner, I might try that tomorrow. But will have meat in the fridge if I cant make it till then. The scales were 160.4 this morning I feel different today, less bothered about what I eat and glad the weekend is over. Im still determined, I keep thinking of my holiday in May and how I want to look lovely in all them summer clothes Ill have to go buy!
Old 01-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #28

Quote:
Humm fasting till dinner, I might try that tomorrow. But will have meat in the fridge if I cant make it till then. The scales were 160.4 this morning I feel different today, less bothered about what I eat and glad the weekend is over. Im still determined, I keep thinking of my holiday in May and how I want to look lovely in all them summer clothes Ill have to go buy!
It's only mid-January. You have quite a few weeks to lose quite a few pounds!

You certainly have a fun goal date/reward to look forward to! Go for it!

And you may find that you are like many of us who find it far easier to just NOT get started on eating until the end of the day has arrived, because once we start eating... the appetite is awakened and won't leave us alone anymore.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Yes I can see how that would happen. On my DD I skip breakfast and get 20min extra in bed! Then eat at lunch, however because Ive never tried before tomorrow will be my experiment to fast until dinner. I have to walk in and out of work tomorrow so it will be a good day for burning calories, luckily the hill is going down on the way home.

I am home alone for the week and I get very spooked at night and I hate that! I let the cat sleep with me but last night he woke me up twice purring and head butting me and rubbing the side of his head against my nose!! I have sleeping pills which are only for really restless nights but tonight I am taking one I dont dream when I take them and Ive been getting a lot of nightmares lately so yes Im off to sleep now!
Old 01-17-2012, 09:06 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Well scales were at 162 again this morning, it's funny how it jumps around like that. Today is going well only taken in 250 calories so far and dinner will be 300 but I'm pleased with that. I couldn't fast until dinner think I'll keep trying though