Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Day 4 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/753284-day-4-a.html)

SillverOrchid 01-12-2012 07:57 AM

Day 4

So far so good! This is very doable! :) I think my first DD was the hardest hunger wise, now I seem to be ok. Saving some calories until the evening helps :) the scale is down but thats a state secret until Mondays weigh in.. but yes.. the scale she issssssssssssssss amoving!!! :jumpjoy:

Pami 01-12-2012 07:59 AM

You rock!! :sing:

KeirasMom 01-12-2012 08:02 AM

Yippee! :jumpjoy:

NoelleSilvia 01-12-2012 09:16 AM

Yay!!! This makes me want to start as well! Did you start on a DD or an UD?

monica1210 01-12-2012 09:46 AM

Woo! Can't wait to see your numbers! :)

Noelle, I started on a DD. I figured I should go ahead and see if I can even survive on less than 500 calories a day. Turns out, I can. Now trying to keep them under 450. :) Then I daydream about the next day.

NoelleSilvia 01-12-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monica1210 (Post 15321118)

Noelle, I started on a DD. I figured I should go ahead and see if I can even survive on less than 500 calories a day. Turns out, I can. Now trying to keep them under 450. :) Then I daydream about the next day.

Thanks. I'm gonna try that! Maybe tomorrow :)

SoHappy 01-12-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SillverOrchid (Post 15320748)
So far so good! This is very doable! :) I think my first DD was the hardest hunger wise, now I seem to be ok. Saving some calories until the evening helps :) the scale is down but thats a state secret until Mondays weigh in.. but yes.. the scale she issssssssssssssss amoving!!! :jumpjoy:

I'm not going to tell the state secret to anyone, but congratulations ON ALREADY SEEING DOWNWARD MOVEMENT ON THE SCALE!!! Shhhhhh..... secret. :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoelleSilvia (Post 15321028)

Quote:

Whatever is your choice for your starting day is fine, but it's often recommended to start with an UD so that you are well fueled with food to help you through the following DD. Sort of like the hcg protocol of eating lots of cals for a couple of days before they start in.

But for those who are already in very strong appetite suppression, usually they don't have trouble with their initial DD. Usually for them, the difficulty is that they may already be operating with a much-slowed metabolism, and they have to work at getting in their UD calories, or near to that number, in order to try to get their metabolism sped back up again. 'Cause that's what's going to take care of our weight maintenance later.

SillverOrchid 01-12-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoelleSilvia (Post 15321028)

I started on a DD but had carbed up sat and sunday before I even started JUDDDing :o

Quote:

:laugh: I day dream too! or pep talk myself and say hey you can have that tomorrow!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15321148)
I'm not going to tell the state secret to anyone, but congratulations ON ALREADY SEEING DOWNWARD MOVEMENT ON THE SCALE!!! Shhhhhh..... secret. :laugh:

Whatever is your choice for your starting day is fine, but it's often recommended to start with an UD so that you are well fueled with food to help you through the following DD. Sort of like the hcg protocol of eating lots of cals for a couple of days before they start in.

But for those who are already in very strong appetite suppression, usually they don't have trouble with their initial DD. Usually for them, the difficulty is that they may already be operating with a much-slowed metabolism, and they have to work at getting in their UD calories, or near to that number, in order to try to get their metabolism sped back up again. 'Cause that's what's going to take care of our weight maintenance later.

:goodpost: and :laugh: I know Im silly but wanna wait and see what sticks around by Monday lol then I will hopefully be jumping around! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

monica1210 01-12-2012 10:11 AM

Kristy, are you on an UD or DD today? I am in FULL-ON daydream mode today! :)

SillverOrchid 01-12-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monica1210 (Post 15321226)
Kristy, are you on an UD or DD today? I am in FULL-ON daydream mode today! :)

Up day!! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

sophiethecat 01-12-2012 10:36 AM

Yay, Kristi!! :jumpjoy: Yay, yay, yay!!!!! :high5: I'll be waiting for the release of state secret! :)

KeirasMom 01-12-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SillverOrchid (Post 15321187)
I started on a DD but had carbed up sat and sunday before I even started JUDDDing :o

:laugh: I day dream too! or pep talk myself and say hey you can have that tomorrow!

:goodpost: and :laugh: I know Im silly but wanna wait and see what sticks around by Monday lol then I will hopefully be jumping around! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

I did that too, then weighed after the "splurge" weekend and used that as my starting weight for JUDDD. I think that helped me mentally knowing that the gain was already there, and adding carbs wasn't going to make me gain more when starting a new WOE.

Beeb 01-12-2012 12:09 PM

:jumpjoy::up::clap::high5::hugs::shake: