Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 08:34 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
The 2 week "induction" period

DH and I have been alternating DD, UD etc

BUT we want our DD to be M, W, F, so is it ok to make this Sunday [which would be day 9] a MD [it would have been a DD]?

I really dont want to mess this up, I have been doing so well and I want to make sure I do it right so as to reap the benefits.

The ONLY reason I ask this is bc we have to go visit his father on Sunday. Hmmm, maybe I could finagle it where we visit BUT DO NOT EAT.

After induction it is ok to make each Sunday an MD so we can have our fixed schedule, right?

Gosh, I hope I am making sense...

In other news, I was an extra .2 down today!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
DH and I have been alternating DD, UD etc

BUT we want our DD to be M, W, F, so is it ok to make this Sunday [which would be day 9] a MD [it would have been a DD]?

I really dont want to mess this up, I have been doing so well and I want to make sure I do it right so as to reap the benefits.

The ONLY reason I ask this is bc we have to go visit his father on Sunday. Hmmm, maybe I could finagle it where we visit BUT DO NOT EAT.

After induction it is ok to make each Sunday an MD so we can have our fixed schedule, right?

Gosh, I hope I am making sense...

In other news, I was an extra .2 down today!

Thanks!
You're making perfect sense, and I'm going to start adding in a MD for myself in exactly this same way so that I can have all my days the same too.

This is a bit early, but if you feel you have been doing well in adjusting to the low calories of your DDs, adding in the MD to your weekly rotation probably won't bother you.

The reason behind thinking it's best to wait a bit is the risk of a DD failure, because invariably that MD is going to follow a DD, and not be enough to keep you full at only MD calories after having come off of a DD - OR - the MD is going to come before a DD, in which case it may be hard to do a successful DD and hold calories low, if you didn't get enough to eat the day before on that MD.

But only you can decide if these to possible dangers will apply to you and your ability to hold to your calorie numbers. If you can hold tight, no problem.

Two weeks of straight alternation come out to be the exact number of calories as two weeks of 3 DD & 3 UD & 1 MD, so the calorie numbers are going to be the same for every two weeks, regardless of what you choose.

It's just that you are missing out on that high/low pounding between fasting and feasting levels every time you use MDs. This slows down the weight loss for some people. Something to keep in mind!

Last edited by SoHappy; 01-12-2012 at 08:45 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Wow, thanks Pat, you are such a wealth of information!

I do worry that I will be extra hungry on the DD following Sunday so I am gonna see if I can finagle a visit with no food. BUT if I cant I will hold on for dear life, I am doing to well to botch it up!
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #4

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
invariably that MD is going to follow a DD, and not be enough to keep you full at only MD calories after having come off of a DD - OR - the MD is going to come before a DD,
I don't need to add a MD yet (looking at the calendar, it may be several months
before that happens) but, when the time comes, is there a preferred order? I
mean is it better to follow the DD with a MD, or insert it after the UD? I understand
about bumping the rest of the UDs and DDs and keeping them in order, just a
day later.
I just wonder where it's best to insert the MD?
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
I don't need to add a MD yet (looking at the calendar, it may be several months
before that happens) but, when the time comes, is there a preferred order? I
mean is it better to follow the DD with a MD, or insert it after the UD? I understand
about bumping the rest of the UDs and DDs and keeping them in order, just a
day later.
I just wonder where it's best to insert the MD?
I suppose if you do a few times each way, you might notice a difference. The few times I've used a MD, I never paid much attention whether it followed an UD or a DD, I just stuck it into the rotation, and I never noticed much difference.

I guess for me, the MD calories are high enough anyway, so they seem to do the trick, whether before or after a DD.

Maybe a YMMV thing?
Old 01-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #6

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Thanks Pat. I did two DDs in a row the first two days (I think?) because I needed
to get on the rotation that I'm on now (have to have UD fall on Bible study Friday).
At the time, I hadn't read over here about not doing two in a row, so I just did it.
No problem, but not something I would like to do very often.
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
Thanks Pat. I did two DDs in a row the first two days (I think?) because I needed
to get on the rotation that I'm on now (have to have UD fall on Bible study Friday).
At the time, I hadn't read over here about not doing two in a row, so I just did it.
No problem, but not something I would like to do very often.
That's sort of how I felt about that practice too!