Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD& exercise question (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/753214-dd-exercise-question.html)

SillverOrchid 01-11-2012 01:43 PM

DD& exercise question

Hi guys, curious to know if you exercise on DDs and if so do you use those extra calories that you have burned for snacks or for a little extra at dinner time?

Dottie 01-11-2012 01:55 PM

I found I have a lot more energy on DD's and more "productive" workouts. If I wake up hungry, I will have a hard boiled egg or a couple of ounces of lean protein (turkey, leftover steak, chicken) for the added protein.

SoHappy 01-11-2012 02:13 PM

I don't worry about whether it's an UD or a DD.. I just go exercise. I've never noticed much difference. But I'm basically a strong woman, so not prone to feeling *weak from hunger* etc.

And studies now are showing true benefit from what they term Fasted Workouts, so it's nice to know that without any real food for energy, your body is being forced to turn to your fat cells to get the needed fuel. Yay! Better weight loss! But, it's recommended you feed yourself a bit of protein after the workout so that your body can use that to repair muscles.

And I absolutely do NOT eat extra because of exercise! If I've worked myself into a sweat and burned some extra body fat, I sure don't want to eat extra calories to replace that lost fat! I want it to stay lost! :laugh:

SillverOrchid 01-11-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15318696)
I don't worry about whether it's an UD or a DD.. I just go exercise. I've never noticed much difference. But I'm basically a strong woman, so not prone to feeling *weak from hunger* etc.

And studies now are showing true benefit from what they term Fasted Workouts, so it's nice to know that without any real food for energy, your body is being forced to turn to your fat cells to get the needed fuel. Yay! Better weight loss! But, it's recommended you feed yourself a bit of protein after the workout so that your body can use that to repair muscles.

And I absolutely do NOT eat extra because of exercise! If I've worked myself into a sweat and burned some extra body fat, I sure don't want to eat extra calories to replace that lost fat! I want it to stay lost! :laugh:

That makes sense, just wasn't sure how much hungrier exercising on a DD made you.. I am still getting a handle on being a little hungry on my DDs lol think I'll give my DDs a few weeks to kick in before I exercise on them and save it for UDs

SoHappy 01-11-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SillverOrchid (Post 15318852)
That makes sense, just wasn't sure how much hungrier exercising on a DD made you.. I am still getting a handle on being a little hungry on my DDs lol think I'll give my DDs a few weeks to kick in before I exercise on them and save it for UDs

He actually recommends we don't exercise on our DDs, but hardly anybody seems to have difficulty with it. And like I said, the studies coming out now are showing how beneficial it actually is to exercise in the fasted state.

No problem giving yourself a few weeks to work into it though. Plenty of UDs coming your way for exercising.

kel7298 01-11-2012 03:27 PM

I work out HARD 5 days a week and never felt any difference. Like Pat, I never eat more "just because I exercised" that day

itsmeshelly01 01-11-2012 05:37 PM

I have never changed my workouts either. I workout usually 7 days per week. I do notice that cardio works better for me on DD's. I do my weightlifting on UD's just because i want to eat more protein on days that im weightlifting and I noticed that i do get hungrier when i weightlift but cardio seems to have an appetite suppression effect. I have always worked out fasted during the week. For years i have gotten up at 430 or 5 and did my exercising. On the weekends i usually eat something before i go to the gym. And like everyone else i do not eat more calories to make up for the workout. I like being negative in ************!!! LOL It doesnt happen often but once in a while i have been negative a few calories.

Wallee 01-11-2012 06:15 PM

I just recently bought a spin bike and had every intention of working out on ud's and dd's. I quickly realized that wasn't going to work for me. I have the energy to do it but it makes me ravenous and I blow my dd's. I ride hard on my ud's though. :)

oneoftwo 01-11-2012 06:20 PM

I run 3x a week and have been doing the 30 day shred everyday...DD or UD I just do my usual workout and calories. I figure even if it is a DD I have had enough calories from the day before to get me through my workout. I also do not change my calories as when I did my calculator I put in I workout 3x a week

synger 01-11-2012 06:22 PM

I only exercise for about 20 minutes at a time (working my way up, working on increasing my mobility), so it doesn't really matter whether it's a DD or UD.