Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alibaba
Stats: 240(pregnant)/176/165
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: 5/12/14
How long did it take you?

To lose the weight? I'm especially curious about those that lost a good bit (more than 25 lbs). What was your average weekly/ monthly loss?
alibaba is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
can't really give an average yet - I have lost 20lbs in 6 1/2 weeks though. But then I'm heavier than many.
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #3
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I took me 2.5 months to lose 16 pounds.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
The highest post-pregnancy number that I saw on the scale was right after Thanksgiving (186) and I'm at 169.5 today so -- sixteen pounds in about seven weeks. I expect that to slow down soon because the most I ever lost with Atkins (except for the water-weight loss in induction) was 2-3 pounds a month. And I'm sure that some of it was water weight from the Thanksgiving all-day stuff-fest.
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I don't really discuss my own personal weights I guess I'm just humiliated to share much, but I lost *quite a bit* more than 25 pounds, at the rate of 1 and often 2 pounds a week, with the occasional week of no loss at all. Well, plus that first week that happens on most diets when you melt fast and are just thrilled! LOL I was obese, just not morbidly obese.

I lost a very little bit on strict Atkins, but I believe now that despite being very low carb, I just plainly ate too many calories because I didn't get the appetite suppression that so many report. Loved the meat and eggs and cheese, etc. low carb foods though, and still snarf them down! LOL Love all low carb foods except pork rinds, and I don't use the alternate flours/products. But little weight loss.

Then I went through a period where I'd sort of given up and was sad and only did *more or less* low carb. That went on for a long time. Several years.

Then I got motivated again and mostly dieted the old fashioned way, like so many do, counting the calories and keeping them lowered every day. I was pretty darned good about it, and didn't go too high too often, and lost weight doing that. But, truthfully, it didn't do my metabolism any good, because as I lost, it seemed like I had to lower my numbers to keep much loss going. Looking back I can see my metabolism slowing down to more closely match my calorie level, as it is designed to do to protect me.

I don't quite remember now whether I was still back sorta' trying to low carb when I came here, or whether I was half-heartedly still trying to count some calories. but once I found JUDDD I never looked back. I lost another good chunk of pounds the JUDDD way until I was about where I felt comfortable... which for me is *I could definitely lose more pounds, but that would just accentuate the facial wrinkles and crepe skin of old age and the hang-y skin of weight loss*, so I am happy enough to pretty much maintain at the size you see me in my avatar. I'm 5'-3" and apparently haven't started to shrink yet. I know I will never be as slim as I was as a young woman at 112 and 115, but that's fine with me.

Like I've said in other posts, for myself, once I found JUDDD, I just relaxed all focus on weight and my issues with it, and just forgot about it. Whatever that was, it's all in the past now. I barely remember it and don't really think about it either. It's all looking forward every day now! On JUDDD.

Although I still have kept one of my *big* blouses, and I also have one of my *skinny* shirts and a pair of slacks.. all just for fun and so I always remember to weigh-in most every morning.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: silasgreenback
Stats: 6' 5" - 249/201/200
WOE: LC, mainly VLC.
Start Date: Sept 2011
40 lbs in four months. I seem to lose 2 to 3 lbs a week with the odd time being under or over.
silasgreenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
WOW THIS is IMPRESSIVE!!! I've been at this for 7 weeks and have lost 3....maybe it really is the cold!!! i CANT WAIT for this to be over
mayleesa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
I've lost 12 lbs. since Nov. 9 when I started. But, that includes about 5 weeks of maintenance when I either didn't count UD cals, or went over on UDs because of "special circumstances."
Not done--I have 20 lbs. to go.
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #9

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Started Atkins 10/24 and lost, gained, lost, with an overall trend downward just not too fast.

I started JUDDD 4 weeks ago and have lost a total of 11 lbs in 4 weeks. I gained 0.8 lbs my 3rd week, then lost 4.4 lbs my 4th week. It's no joke that the scale bounces here! However, that's still an average of 2.75 lbs per week since starting JUDDD.

I've lost 21 lbs total since 10/24, but I did take a 2 1/2 day break between Atkins and JUDDD and gained a few pounds before my first DD. I did that purposely because of the water weight re-gain I kept hearing about. It was the weekend of my daughter's birthday and I used that as an excuse to totally carb up. Who knows if that was good or bad for my JUDDD journey, but I'm ecstatic about the results I'm having on this WOE!

10/24/11 @ 277.6
January 2014 @ 145
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
I have lost 14lbs in a bit over 2 months. I was averaging approx 2lbs a week.
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattsmama
Stats: 188/129.2/135 5'8" 42 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD-11/11 to present (LC-5/11-11/11)
Started LC at 188 in May-Lost 32 lbs in 5 1/2 months on LC (stopped losing altogether towards the end)
Started JUDDD at 156 Mid-November-Have lost 15 pounds in 8 weeks
mattsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bdladie
Stats: 311/187/150 for now
WOE: South Beach kind of
Start Date: 1/16/06
When I first started I lost 100 pounds in 9 months. I never ate out during that whole time. Took my own food to potlucks at work and did not stray 1 time.
bdladie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alibaba
Stats: 240(pregnant)/176/165
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: 5/12/14
Wow, there are some really impressive losses here! I'm having my official 2 week weigh-in tommorow, so I'll let you all know how it goes. I always lose really well in the beginning of any new diet, it's keeping the losses going that's the hard part for me.
alibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
I lost 40 pounds in about six months when I first went LC. then I stalled for a year and a half. Nothing worked to get it going again. VLC (meat and fat), raising carbs, counting calories and moderate carb, nothing.

With JUDDD I'm seeing losses again. Slowly, and I found I needed to lower my UD calories a bit. But I still have a good 100 pounds to go, and JUDDD seems to be the thing to trick...er..work with my busted metabolism to help me get rid of it.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #15

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by synger View Post
I lost 40 pounds in about six months when I first went LC. then I stalled for a year and a half. Nothing worked to get it going again. VLC (meat and fat), raising carbs, counting calories and moderate carb, nothing.

With JUDDD I'm seeing losses again. Slowly, and I found I needed to lower my UD calories a bit. But I still have a good 100 pounds to go, and JUDDD seems to be the thing to trick...er..work with my busted metabolism to help me get rid of it.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you! And especially that JUDDD will actually work to improve your metabolism and rev it up a little bit, which is what has happened for several of us here! We're only getting started over here as far as numbers of folks who have actually been doing JUDDD for very long, but of the few who've been around awhile, there are a happy number of reports of this being a good help.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote