Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Was going to start tomorrow but... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/753094-going-start-tomorrow-but.html)

KJ-43 01-10-2012 02:06 PM

Was going to start tomorrow but...

I was going to start tomorrow with today being an up day but after logging my food into ****** it only amounted to 1500 calories in so this is going to take some planning. According to the chart i need 900 more calories if I did the 2400 which makes doing the dd more doable then the ud. What does everyone eat to get up to those calories? We only eat out one day on the weekend but during the week its at home meals. This plan going to take more thought then I expected but I saw on one thread about the oatmeal and I love me some oatmeal.

kj

Beeb 01-10-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJ-43 (Post 15315458)
I was going to start tomorrow with today being an up day but after logging my food into ****** it only amounted to 1500 calories in so this is going to take some planning. According to the chart i need 900 more calories if I did the 2400 which makes doing the dd more doable then the ud. What does everyone eat to get up to those calories? We only eat out one day on the weekend but during the week its at home meals. This plan going to take more thought then I expected but I saw on one thread about the oatmeal and I love me some oatmeal.

kj

Oatmeal, honey, coconut oil, good fats in your cooking, bacon, beef, etc. all the higher fat/calorie things will bring your calories up faster than you can ;) at!!

Pami 01-10-2012 02:22 PM

Well, I'm staying (relatively) lowcarb, so when I need a quick 350 calories, it's
cheesecake. Right now I'm at 1500 calories and only 40g carbs- and most of
those were from spinach- so fiber! Anyway, you could always make a salad and
put some eggs and/or meat on it, even full-fat dressing. You want to keep your
protein intake high enough to sustain you for today and tomorrow. I've read
that people have hungry hungry DDs when they didn't get enough protein the
day before. So, yeah, you can get the calories up with fat, but make sure you
have enough protein to get you through tomorrow as well.

SoHappy 01-10-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJ-43 (Post 15315458)

kj

2400 calories for an UD makes you one of our *higher calories* JUDDDers, so I am noting it only because I want to make sure you are very successful right from the start... so did you get that number from the JUDDD calculator, and did you get it with the *no exercise* setting, or is that number giving you ADDITIONAL calories based on supposed exercise burn?

I'm NOT saying the number is too high, because there are some here eating at that number too, just wanting to make sure you are all set well for success. :hugs:

KJ-43 01-10-2012 05:24 PM

SoHappy I got that with exercise am I suppose to do it without b/c I exercise no less then 4 days a week and 5 if I can get it in. I was not trying to do 2400 maybe 1800-2000 but I am still in my research stage and welcome comments and suggestions.

kj

KJ-43 01-10-2012 05:30 PM

Ok I went in and input little or no exercise and it said 2066 and 517 I just want to make sure I don't pass out doing exercise on down days not concern on ud.
Thanks

kj

ouizoid 01-10-2012 05:32 PM

I have no problem doing fasted exercise on my DD's if it helps--

SoHappy 01-10-2012 07:07 PM

LOL OK, here's how this subject seems to get looked at overall. First, a few people use the *yes, I exercise* button, and the calculator gives them extra calories. But most of us here use the *no, I get little or no exercise* button, so that the calculator doesn't pile on more calorie for us. And it's from this way of thinking:

Regardless of exercise, most of us had to end up here because our metabolisms don't work as well as those luckier *normal* people with no weight problems. So, if we were already lean, we'd want those extra calories to be replaced from our exercise, because we wouldn't want to get too skinny.

But, when we are overweight, trying to slim down, we don't want to work real hard and burn off some extra body fat, and then turn around and eat all those calories back again! :eek: If we can exercise anything off of us, we want it to stay off, not be eating extra calories to bring it back on our frames again.

If you're already slim and trim, you'll need the extra calories to help you stay up to weight. If you're overweight, you will NOT want the extra calories to make you stay up to the weight you don't want to be any longer.

Is that clear as mud or did I explain it in a way that could be understood? LOL :laugh:

KJ-43 01-11-2012 01:41 AM

Thanks everyone for your input and yes SoHappy you explained that very well. I am glad I decided to wait b/c clearly there are some things that I didn't understand. I am although experimenting with my food so I have some kind of ideal what I can eat. Will go get groceries on Saturday and just start Monday morning that will give me time to lurk on this forum more. Thanks everyone it been great and I have not started yet.:)
kj