Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jwilson
Stats: 315/272/140
WOE: atkins
Start Date: november 1st 2010
i would love to say this is my last question but.....

sorry to inundate you folks with questions! got another one for you- can some direct me to MD information? As i understand it, MD is a medium day for those who wish to keep their up/dd regimented (which i would like to do as well). Is that right? and...is that okay to do to keep your up/dd the same each week? Also, FD is a free day (occurs moreso in maitenence) completely different from a MD, right? I just wanna be sure i dont go into this with inaccurate perceptions. Thanks all!!
jwilson is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilson View Post
sorry to inundate you folks with questions! got another one for you- can some direct me to MD information? As i understand it, MD is a medium day for those who wish to keep their up/dd regimented (which i would like to do as well). Is that right? and...is that okay to do to keep your up/dd the same each week? Also, FD is a free day (occurs moreso in maitenence) completely different from a MD, right? I just wanna be sure i dont go into this with inaccurate perceptions. Thanks all!!
You are understanding this correctly. Your Medium Day (MD) will be a calorie number that is right in between your DD and your UD.

If you want every week to have the same DDs fall on the same days, you will probably use your MD as one of your weekend days, but it's up to you where in the rotation you want to insert it.

So you might have M-W-F be DDs, with T-Th-Sat as UDs and Sunday as your MD.. then into the same rotation with Monday starting as another DD.

And yes, a Free Day (FD) is mostly used by folks who are in maintenance, have pretty dependably learned how to eat correctly on their UDs and now want the freedom of not having to really measure and count calories on those days. For most it works fine. And if a maintainer is running into trouble the scale will point it out very shortly, and they can return to being more careful and not so *free* on those UDs. LOL

We have added the invention of MDs and FDs (mine) just to make JUDDD fit more easily into the real lives of most real people. If they continue to pay attention to their Down Days and their scale, all should continue nicely.

I wonder where you will be in 8 or 10 weeks? I wonder what weight and size you will be by spring? Aren't you excited? You're on your way!

Last edited by SoHappy; 01-10-2012 at 02:19 PM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Pat has explained it very well! I would like to add something here, though. Please give JUDDD, as recommended, with a straight UD/DD rotation at LEAST 2 weeks before you tweak with a MD.

I am a FIRM believer that this WOE needs a chance to "catch hold" for us to get to the magic and let it work.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Uh Oh... Beeb, DH and I will complete week 1 as of Saturday and He wants to have Sunday be a MD bc [1] we are going to see his father and [2] he wants to keep MWF as DD But you advise against this? I really want the S1R1 gene turned on so maybe I need to talk to him...
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nelle Belle
Ok I'll ask my question here...
What about 2 DDs then 1 UD?
Nelle Belle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelle Belle View Post
Ok I'll ask my question here...
What about 2 DDs then 1 UD?
That alerts your brain that you may be entering a period in the wilderness where you are facing famine and not finding enough to eat, and it begins to think about being on alert for the need to slow your metabolism down. It doesn't quite, I don't think. But I'm not entirely sure how sure *they* are of that. We do know from studies that metabolism rate speeds up and slows down over the course of our hours - a tiny speck.

I actually did this exact thing for a couple of weeks here many, many months ago as an experiment to find out and report the results. Basically, it didn't make a whole lot of difference. The thing is, JUDDD works so fabulously as designed, why throw a monkey wrench into it? There seems to be something about the rhythmic up/down/up/down/up/down that is very soothing and curative to the body and seems to promote weight loss with little effort.

And the thing is, for myself, I wanted some plan to do forever. So that I could just get on with my life. I mean, get on with my life while I WAS STILL FAT... not have to hurry up to lose weight so that I could get on with my life at that point. So I just started JUDDD and decided I'd let the chips fall where they wanted, and it resulted in weight loss.

And, it resulted in me being able to relax and give up being obsessed. And just get on with the living of life, confident that as the weeks went by, weight would melt off and JUDDD would work for me.

I think I only had to tweak my UD calories down a bit lower once. And now they are back up quite a bit higher once again.

You are in charge, so you can do any variation of any diet plan you wish, but I'd advise just following the basic JUDDD plan for awhile first, just to give it a chance. And don't forget to enjoy those UDs along the way to becoming a lovely slim weight!

Last edited by SoHappy; 01-11-2012 at 11:21 AM..
Old 01-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #7

I wanted to add that even just the time we are feeling quite ill and not really eating much, our metabolisms are shown to slow down, and this can just be over the course of a couple of sick days.

The fact that it speeds back up is all well and good, but we're trying to prevent any slow down at all.

Better to keep it running at whatever our top speed is all through all of our days, rather than encouraging it to slow and speed up, slow again and then speed up again. Just let it run at its top speed all the time.

Last edited by SoHappy; 01-11-2012 at 11:22 AM..
Old 01-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nelle Belle
Thanks Will stick to UD/DD.

Sorry for the threadjack.
Nelle Belle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jwilson
Stats: 315/272/140
WOE: atkins
Start Date: november 1st 2010
"I wonder where you will be in 8 or 10 weeks? I wonder what weight and size you will be by spring? Aren't you excited? You're on your way!"

I keep reading this over and over! I am excited!
jwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KJ-43
Stats: HW 279 198/194.5/170
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 10/30/06 ,restart 1/2/14,7/2/14
I guess I will ask my question here. On UD's how far into the day do you eat and have you ever saved your calories for one setting?

kj
KJ-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #11

For me that varies. Some UD mornings we go eat breakfast out somewhere, usually by 9:00. Other mornings I might fix eggs or grab a bowl of oatmeal at 7:30. Most mornings I'm not hungry for anything at all, other than coffee with half & half or hot tea, so usually I don't eat any real food until late morning.

On UDs I don't ever save all calories for supper. I do that on DDs fairly often now though.

But, in maintenance I get to eat an awful lot of calories, so my tummy would truly have a hard time holding that much food all from a single evening meal, even if it was the main Thanksgiving meal!
Old 01-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #12
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ-43 View Post
I guess I will ask my question here. On UD's how far into the day do you eat and have you ever saved your calories for one setting?

kj
I eat whenever I'm hungry. The clock doesn't dictate when I eat, it never has. Sometimes I'm eating at 12:30 am on an UD when we have pizza at our dance club on a Saturday night. If it's a DD I wait until 12:30 am to eat so it's an UD. If it's an UD I eat that pizza before 12 midnight to keep it on an UD!

And yes, I HAVE saved almost all of my calories for eating in one setting. If I know I'm going to dinner out on an UD I try to eat very little during the day and save those calories to enjoy whatever I want on the menu, either at a friend's house or in a restaurant. I did this on Sunday when I went to my friend's "abundance feast"! I had 2 pieces of Lcal toast with a little butter all day until I got to her house at 3:00 and then it was an "all Linda can eat buffet" of appies and food that lasted at least 5 hours! I have learned to not overeat and stop when my belly says STOP!! I don't like being stuffed anymore anyway so I won't push past that "I'm full" feeling.

It works well for me this way.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 01-11-2012 at 02:11 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #13

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
If I know there will be one higher calorie meal during the day, I try to keep my other meals lower. I always eat breakfast on an UD. I'd have too hard of a time getting all my calories into just two meals unless they were both buffets! I work 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. so UDs I eat breakfast at 7 a.m., and DDs I don't eat until lunch at 1 p.m., then something small, so I can have a decent dinner with my family at 6 p.m.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:

kj
I usually don't get hungry early in the day, but if I woke up and wanted b'fast on an UD, I'd eat it. Usually though I don't eat until noon or after.

I haven't saved all my calories for one setting, but I have budgeted them when I knew we were going out to eat or to a dinner, so that I had plenty of calories for that.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KJ-43
Stats: HW 279 198/194.5/170
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 10/30/06 ,restart 1/2/14,7/2/14
Thanks again everyone this will really help me do this plan and make it work for me.

kj
KJ-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:

kj
same as some others--I'm usually not hungry until close to 10 or 11 AM (and NOW because of JUDDD I'm not worried that it's HORRIBLE to skip meals)
So, I don't eat until I am very hungry.
Also, for example, we are going out to dinner on Sat night w/friends, so not only will I hold off on eating that day for as long as possible, I will eat as if it is a DD so I can save as many cals as possible for dinner.
Hope this helps!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote