Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ollie
Stats: 184/174/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 01/03/2012
JUDDD "Magic" Arrives!!

Hi All,
I started the JUDDD diet last Tuesday, so today is one-full week! I've done LC off and on for about 20 years, and last year also tried HCG. I lose weight every time I diet, but have never found a way to make it a lifestyle. And, needless to say - I always regain ALL the weight!

So, I'm joining you JUDDDers to see if I can finally find a WOE that I can live with.

I began this journey last Tuesday with my first DD. I don't find the DD calorie restrictions too difficult, as I previously did the HCG diet for 2 rounds, so am used to doing 500 calorie days.

I really don't like counting calories, and decided to just "wing" my UD

Not sure that was such a great idea, AND, I pretty much let myself have all the carbs I wanted on UD. Though I found I wasn't ravenously hungry on UD.

Also started taking Zumba classes (just finished my 4th class today)

So, after my first DD, I lost ONE WHOLE POUND!! What a great start (I thought to myself). I'm one of those people that NEED to weigh everyday, so that is what I have been doing.

Anyhoo, every day after that, I weighed in again with NO LOSS (but at least no gain, even with all the lovely carbs I've been eating on my UD)

I have been keeping my DD under 500 calories by making homemade fruit smoothies (made with fresh frozen berries and nonfat plain greek yogurt), and when hungry, eating chicken broth with some shredded cabbage.

So all week, I've been slightly frustrated with the slow losses (I am so used to big initial losses with HCG and strict LC). I was almost ready to throw in the towel yesterday, and try something new.

BUT... low and behold, I step on the scale, and WHOOOSH - a 3 pound loss. So, that makes 4 pounds gone in ONE WEEK!! And I've had my cake and been able to eat it too - LOL!!!

Going forward, I've decided to track all my calories and exercise in ************, as many of you have suggested (thanks). And, I am keeping things on the lower to moderate carbs for my UD.

I think that JUDDing can definitely be a great WOE - I really like dieting one day at a time, and knowing I can have what I want tomorrow.

Thank you all for all the support in this forum - I love reading all about other people's experiences!

Kay

Last edited by ollie; 01-10-2012 at 11:37 AM..
ollie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SillverOrchid
Stats: Highest weight 214\209.5/180/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 13 Restart
Great first week!
SillverOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DeeLen
Stats: (286.6 before WLS)
WOE: WLS 4/25/06
DeeLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
..........I really don't like counting calories, and decided to just "wing" my UD

Not sure that was such a great idea, AND, I pretty much let myself have all the carbs I wanted on UD. Though I found I wasn't ravenously hungry on UD.

..........after my first DD, I lost ONE WHOLE POUND!! What a great start (I thought to myself). I'm one of those people that NEED to weigh everyday, so that is what I have been doing.

..........every day after that, I weighed in again with NO LOSS (but at least no gain, even with all the lovely carbs I've been eating on my UD)

So all week, I've been slightly frustrated with the slow losses (I am so used to big initial losses with HCG and strict LC). I was almost ready to throw in the towel yesterday, and try something new.

BUT... low and behold, I step on the scale, and WHOOOSH - a 3 pound loss. So, that makes 4 pounds gone in ONE WEEK!! And I've had my cake and been able to eat it too

I think that JUDDing can definitely be a great WOE - I really like dieting one day at a time, and knowing I can have what I want tomorrow.

Thank you all for all the support in this forum - I love reading all about other people's experiences!

Kay
Hi, Kay! Glad you're with us!!! And, yeah. JUDDD is just fabulous.

You know, I was thinking... you may have actually lost more body fat that those four pounds of scale weight loss might indicate. You said "...I pretty much let myself have all the carbs I wanted on UD..." and for most of us, that is just another way of saying, "I'm going to carb up and regain several pounds of lost water weight."

So, I'm thinking it is entirely possible that you gained weight from the *eating more carbs/regaining lost water weight* scenario at the same time you were getting that initial burst of easy loss of body fat, so some pounds lost from that going on, but some of the fat loss was offset by water regain. That can happen to us. LOL

But whatever is going on, glad you're enjoying the great eats on your UDs, are so easily able to adhere to the DDs from previous hcg experience, and you will find that the alternating fasting/feasting days will keep your metabolism from slowing down (you know how weight slows on hcg after you're doing it for awhile) so JUDDD should help you live life to the fullest now!

Last edited by SoHappy; 01-10-2012 at 11:58 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Hi Kay and to JUDDD! You're doing amazing already - I love reading your success so far! KUTGW.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/150/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Welcome, Kay! I'm glad you're already experiencing the JUDDD magic. It's pretty cool!
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #7
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
and so glad you decided to give it a fighting chance! Counting those calories on BOTH days is really important, at least in the beginning I think, to give us a "gauge" for the future in knowing what foods work well at keeping us full longer on DDs and what foods we should eat on UDs to help keep us from being really hungry on those DDs.

Looking forward to reading about your continued success!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Kay,

You sound so enthusiastic, and believe me, that is a feeling that will not only persist, but grow.
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wine2
Stats: 5'7 53 y.o.189/175/165 (size:14,12,10)
Start Date: 12/26/11
WTG!
Wine2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/178.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
KUTGW!!!!!
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Hi, Kay! Glad you're with us!!! And, yeah. JUDDD is just fabulous.

You know, I was thinking... you may have actually lost more body fat that those four pounds of scale weight loss might indicate. You said "...I pretty much let myself have all the carbs I wanted on UD..." and for most of us, that is just another way of saying, "I'm going to carb up and regain several pounds of lost water weight."

So, I'm thinking it is entirely possible that you gained weight from the *eating more carbs/regaining lost water weight* scenario at the same time you were getting that initial burst of easy loss of body fat, so some pounds lost from that going on, but some of the fat loss was offset by water regain. That can happen to us. LOL
Hi Pat,
I so appreciate all your experience and insight into this WOE. I wasn't on any kind of LC diet before I started JUDDing. Actually, quite the opposite, I was eating anything and everything I wanted from Thanksgiving through the New Year

So, I was kind of at my top weight when I started on JUDD. Anyway, I'm SO THRILLED with the 4 pound loss, and am going to try my best to not get on the scale everyday, as I think it might be counterproductive (it's just SO HARD not to step on that thing every morning - LOL)!

I am still in shock that I was able to lose 4 pounds in one week eating what I want on UDs. It is truly LIBERATING!!

And... thanks ladies for all of your kind and supportive comments!
Old 01-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
You are doing awesome! Welcome!
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #13

Quote:
..........Anyway, I'm SO THRILLED with the 4 pound loss, and am going to try my best to not get on the scale everyday, as I think it might be counterproductive (it's just SO HARD not to step on that thing every morning - LOL)!

I am still in shock that I was able to lose 4 pounds in one week eating what I want on UDs. It is truly LIBERATING!!
Well, ummmm... you do know that weight loss at those numbers doesn't happen every week... right? LOLOLOL

But that was sure a way better start than I experienced, and I know you'll do well here.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:16 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Well, ummmm... you do know that weight loss at those numbers doesn't happen every week... right? LOLOLOL

But that was sure a way better start than I experienced, and I know you'll do well here.
LOL - yes! I'm hoping for a steady 1-2 pound loss per week - I'm in this for the LONG HAUL!!! My goal is 30 lbs by June! I think it's a reasonable goal
Old 01-12-2012, 07:03 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oneoftwo
Stats: 146/120/120 (maintain 118-120max) 5'3.5"
WOE: Atkins/HCG one round to goal/JUDDD to maintain
Congrats !
oneoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
awesome
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Just a quick update...
I am down 1.5 more pounds as of today (I am officially on day 11 and today a total of 5.5 pounds loss)

I really LOVE this WOE, it is truly unlike anything I have ever tried - and boy have I tried almost EVERYTHING!!!

I did do one MD this week, and have another one scheduled for Sunday - as I have a special lunch date on Monday!

It hasn't seemed to slow my progress, and my feelings are that this is a lifestyle change, so I'm prepared for slower, steady losses.

I just want to be able to tweak this as I need to and not feel like I am falling off the wagon - and I feel that is totally doable on this plan.

Hope everyone had a great week, and has an AWESOME weekend!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
WHOO HOOO, Kay! So excited for you!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
Just a quick update...
I am down 1.5 more pounds as of today (I am officially on day 11 and today a total of 5.5 pounds loss)

I really LOVE this WOE, it is truly unlike anything I have ever tried - and boy have I tried almost EVERYTHING!!!

I did do one MD this week, and have another one scheduled for Sunday - as I have a special lunch date on Monday!

It hasn't seemed to slow my progress, and my feelings are that this is a lifestyle change, so I'm prepared for slower, steady losses.

I just want to be able to tweak this as I need to and not feel like I am falling off the wagon - and I feel that is totally doable on this plan.

Hope everyone had a great week, and has an AWESOME weekend!
same here!! Great job! Congrats!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #20

Very happy to read you report! Thanks for posting your wonderful progress report for all to see, 'cause I think it's important for some of the newer folks to see this is a plan that works!
Old 01-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #21
MLE
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MLE
Stats: 175/140/130 5'5"
WOE: Atkins/Crackin'
Start Date: June 2010/New start in 2012
[QUOTE=ollie;15324480]Just a quick update...
I am down 1.5 more pounds as of today (I am officially on day 11 and today a total of 5.5 pounds loss) QUOTE]
GOOD FOR YOU!! That is awesome!!
I think many of us who were terrified of carbs find this WOE liberating and the downward movement of the scale exhilarating! Keep up the good work!
MLE is offline   Reply With Quote