Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   JUDDD "Magic" Arrives!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/753076-juddd-magic-arrives.html)

ollie 01-10-2012 12:35 PM

JUDDD "Magic" Arrives!!

Hi All,
I started the JUDDD diet last Tuesday, so today is one-full week! I've done LC off and on for about 20 years, and last year also tried HCG. I lose weight every time I diet, but have never found a way to make it a lifestyle. And, needless to say - I always regain ALL the weight!

So, I'm joining you JUDDDers to see if I can finally find a WOE that I can live with.

I began this journey last Tuesday with my first DD. I don't find the DD calorie restrictions too difficult, as I previously did the HCG diet for 2 rounds, so am used to doing 500 calorie days.

I really don't like counting calories, and decided to just "wing" my UD ;)

Not sure that was such a great idea, AND, I pretty much let myself have all the carbs I wanted on UD. Though I found I wasn't ravenously hungry on UD.

Also started taking Zumba classes (just finished my 4th class today) :jumpjoy:

So, after my first DD, I lost ONE WHOLE POUND!! What a great start (I thought to myself). I'm one of those people that NEED to weigh everyday, so that is what I have been doing.

Anyhoo, every day after that, I weighed in again with NO LOSS :( (but at least no gain, even with all the lovely carbs I've been eating on my UD)

I have been keeping my DD under 500 calories by making homemade fruit smoothies (made with fresh frozen berries and nonfat plain greek yogurt), and when hungry, eating chicken broth with some shredded cabbage.

So all week, I've been slightly frustrated with the slow losses (I am so used to big initial losses with HCG and strict LC). I was almost ready to throw in the towel yesterday, and try something new.

BUT... low and behold, I step on the scale, and WHOOOSH - a 3 pound loss. So, that makes 4 pounds gone in ONE WEEK!! And I've had my cake and been able to eat it too - LOL!!!

Going forward, I've decided to track all my calories and exercise in ************, as many of you have suggested (thanks). And, I am keeping things on the lower to moderate carbs for my UD.

I think that JUDDing can definitely be a great WOE - I really like dieting one day at a time, and knowing I can have what I want tomorrow.

Thank you all for all the support in this forum - I love reading all about other people's experiences!

Kay

SillverOrchid 01-10-2012 12:37 PM

Great first week! :jumpjoy:

DeeLen 01-10-2012 12:54 PM

:clap:

SoHappy 01-10-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollie (Post 15315031)
..........I really don't like counting calories, and decided to just "wing" my UD ;)

Not sure that was such a great idea, AND, I pretty much let myself have all the carbs I wanted on UD. Though I found I wasn't ravenously hungry on UD.

..........after my first DD, I lost ONE WHOLE POUND!! What a great start (I thought to myself). I'm one of those people that NEED to weigh everyday, so that is what I have been doing.

..........every day after that, I weighed in again with NO LOSS :( (but at least no gain, even with all the lovely carbs I've been eating on my UD)

So all week, I've been slightly frustrated with the slow losses (I am so used to big initial losses with HCG and strict LC). I was almost ready to throw in the towel yesterday, and try something new.

BUT... low and behold, I step on the scale, and WHOOOSH - a 3 pound loss. So, that makes 4 pounds gone in ONE WEEK!! And I've had my cake and been able to eat it too

I think that JUDDing can definitely be a great WOE - I really like dieting one day at a time, and knowing I can have what I want tomorrow.

Thank you all for all the support in this forum - I love reading all about other people's experiences!

Kay

Hi, Kay! Glad you're with us!!! And, yeah. JUDDD is just fabulous. :laugh:

You know, I was thinking... you may have actually lost more body fat that those four pounds of scale weight loss might indicate. You said "...I pretty much let myself have all the carbs I wanted on UD..." and for most of us, that is just another way of saying, "I'm going to carb up and regain several pounds of lost water weight." :laugh:

So, I'm thinking it is entirely possible that you gained weight from the *eating more carbs/regaining lost water weight* scenario at the same time you were getting that initial burst of easy loss of body fat, so some pounds lost from that going on, but some of the fat loss was offset by water regain. That can happen to us. LOL

But whatever is going on, glad you're enjoying the great eats on your UDs, are so easily able to adhere to the DDs from previous hcg experience, and you will find that the alternating fasting/feasting days will keep your metabolism from slowing down (you know how weight slows on hcg after you're doing it for awhile) so JUDDD should help you live life to the fullest now!

sophiethecat 01-10-2012 02:13 PM

Hi Kay and :welcome: to JUDDD! You're doing amazing already - I love reading your success so far! :jumpjoy: KUTGW.

theredhead 01-10-2012 03:03 PM

Welcome, Kay! I'm glad you're already experiencing the JUDDD magic. It's pretty cool! :cool:

Beeb 01-10-2012 03:19 PM

:welcome: and so glad you decided to give it a fighting chance! Counting those calories on BOTH days is really important, at least in the beginning I think, to give us a "gauge" for the future in knowing what foods work well at keeping us full longer on DDs and what foods we should eat on UDs to help keep us from being really hungry on those DDs. :up:

Looking forward to reading about your continued success!! :high5:

sazzie 01-10-2012 05:32 PM

:welcome: Kay,

You sound so enthusiastic, and believe me, that is a feeling that will not only persist, but grow.

Wine2 01-10-2012 05:47 PM

:welcome: WTG!

mayleesa 01-10-2012 05:49 PM

:clap:KUTGW!!!!!

ollie 01-10-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15315088)
Hi, Kay! Glad you're with us!!! And, yeah. JUDDD is just fabulous. :laugh:

You know, I was thinking... you may have actually lost more body fat that those four pounds of scale weight loss might indicate. You said "...I pretty much let myself have all the carbs I wanted on UD..." and for most of us, that is just another way of saying, "I'm going to carb up and regain several pounds of lost water weight." :laugh:

So, I'm thinking it is entirely possible that you gained weight from the *eating more carbs/regaining lost water weight* scenario at the same time you were getting that initial burst of easy loss of body fat, so some pounds lost from that going on, but some of the fat loss was offset by water regain. That can happen to us. LOL

Hi Pat,
I so appreciate all your experience and insight into this WOE. I wasn't on any kind of LC diet before I started JUDDing. Actually, quite the opposite, I was eating anything and everything I wanted from Thanksgiving through the New Year :o

So, I was kind of at my top weight when I started on JUDD. Anyway, I'm SO THRILLED with the 4 pound loss, and am going to try my best to not get on the scale everyday, as I think it might be counterproductive (it's just SO HARD not to step on that thing every morning - LOL)!

I am still in shock that I was able to lose 4 pounds in one week eating what I want on UDs. It is truly LIBERATING!!

And... thanks ladies for all of your kind and supportive comments!

itsmeshelly01 01-10-2012 06:02 PM

You are doing awesome! Welcome!

SoHappy 01-10-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollie (Post 15315879)
..........Anyway, I'm SO THRILLED with the 4 pound loss, and am going to try my best to not get on the scale everyday, as I think it might be counterproductive (it's just SO HARD not to step on that thing every morning - LOL)!

I am still in shock that I was able to lose 4 pounds in one week eating what I want on UDs. It is truly LIBERATING!!

Well, ummmm... you do know that weight loss at those numbers doesn't happen every week... right? LOLOLOL :laugh:

But that was sure a way better start than I experienced, and I know you'll do well here. :up:

ollie 01-11-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15316110)
Well, ummmm... you do know that weight loss at those numbers doesn't happen every week... right? LOLOLOL :laugh:

But that was sure a way better start than I experienced, and I know you'll do well here. :up:

LOL - yes! I'm hoping for a steady 1-2 pound loss per week - I'm in this for the LONG HAUL!!! My goal is 30 lbs by June! I think it's a reasonable goal :)

oneoftwo 01-12-2012 08:03 AM

Congrats !

dasiey 01-12-2012 02:06 PM

awesome

ollie 01-13-2012 10:42 AM

Just a quick update...
I am down 1.5 more pounds as of today (I am officially on day 11 and today a total of 5.5 pounds loss) :jumpjoy:

I really LOVE this WOE, it is truly unlike anything I have ever tried - and boy have I tried almost EVERYTHING!!!

I did do one MD this week, and have another one scheduled for Sunday - as I have a special lunch date on Monday!

It hasn't seemed to slow my progress, and my feelings are that this is a lifestyle change, so I'm prepared for slower, steady losses.

I just want to be able to tweak this as I need to and not feel like I am falling off the wagon - and I feel that is totally doable on this plan.

Hope everyone had a great week, and has an AWESOME weekend!

sophiethecat 01-13-2012 10:44 AM

WHOO HOOO, Kay! :high5: So excited for you! :jumpjoy:

pjsam1156 01-13-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollie (Post 15324480)
Just a quick update...
I am down 1.5 more pounds as of today (I am officially on day 11 and today a total of 5.5 pounds loss) :jumpjoy:

I really LOVE this WOE, it is truly unlike anything I have ever tried - and boy have I tried almost EVERYTHING!!!

I did do one MD this week, and have another one scheduled for Sunday - as I have a special lunch date on Monday!

It hasn't seemed to slow my progress, and my feelings are that this is a lifestyle change, so I'm prepared for slower, steady losses.

I just want to be able to tweak this as I need to and not feel like I am falling off the wagon - and I feel that is totally doable on this plan.

Hope everyone had a great week, and has an AWESOME weekend!

same here!! Great job! Congrats!:jumpjoy:

SoHappy 01-13-2012 11:40 AM

Very happy to read you report! Thanks for posting your wonderful progress report for all to see, 'cause I think it's important for some of the newer folks to see this is a plan that works!

MLE 01-14-2012 04:43 PM

[QUOTE=ollie;15324480]Just a quick update...
I am down 1.5 more pounds as of today (I am officially on day 11 and today a total of 5.5 pounds loss) :jumpjoy:QUOTE]
GOOD FOR YOU!! That is awesome!!:high5:
I think many of us who were terrified of carbs find this WOE liberating and the downward movement of the scale exhilarating! Keep up the good work!:clap: