Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SillverOrchid
Stats: Highest weight 214\209.5/180/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 13 Restart
Day 2 and..

I just had oatmeal for the first time in almost 2 years! that's all carry on! Sorry your dealing with the JUDDD newbie who is thrilled with everything!
SillverOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillverOrchid View Post
I just had oatmeal for the first time in almost 2 years! that's all carry on! Sorry your dealing with the JUDDD newbie who is thrilled with everything!
No Sorry, you are like EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US WERE in the beginning (and some of us still are amazed, even after being on JUDDD for many months/years )

Isn't just GRAND to have what you want?! I think it is!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Beeb's response is exactly what I was going to post.

Have fun, newbie! You can do this, and you can enjoy it.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #4

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I'm almost a month in and still wake up every morning in awe of the foods I can eat and still lose weight. It's amazing and I hope to never lose this appreciation!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Not just you. I am having a BANANA. Like I could have a banana on LC. You would think I had never had one before. It's the little things.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Down day for me today, but tomorrow... oh tomorrow! Tomorrow will be eggs and bacon and ham and BUTTERED TOAST and brie and tomato... oh yes! It will be miiiiiiiine.
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
Down day for me today, but tomorrow... oh tomorrow! Tomorrow will be eggs and bacon and ham and BUTTERED TOAST and brie and tomato... oh yes! It will be miiiiiiiine.
Ooohhh... running to put brie on the grocery list!

Good luck with your DD. I'm doing an UD and can't get my appetite to wake up. I need that brie on hand right now.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
Do not feel badly! I was the first two times I got to eat Malto-meal and Cream of Wheat.
JUDDD
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

at least I am not alone.. weird it feels like Ive been let out of food jail!
Old 01-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #10

Quote:
at least I am not alone.. weird it feels like Ive been let out of food jail!
I am getting such a kick out of this, I'm laughing out loud for sure! LOLOLOLOL

*let out of Food Jail* just cracked me up!
Old 01-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Yayyy for all the food appreciation!! I remember every time I had a food for the first time since going off LC, I could hardly believe it. My first french fries, first sandwich, potato chips, apple, real pizza, so on and so forth. It's a cause for celebration!!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Yayyy for all the food appreciation!! I remember every time I had a food for the first time since going off LC, I could hardly believe it. My first french fries, first sandwich, potato chips, apple, real pizza, so on and so forth. It's a cause for celebration!!
Ooooo french fries! *drools* those are on the next UD list lol although I find that at 3:20 pm I still have only had 484.36 calories.. need to get my numbers up!
Old 01-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I am getting such a kick out of this, I'm laughing out loud for sure! LOLOLOLOL

*let out of Food Jail* just cracked me up!
Old 01-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattsmama
Stats: 188/129.2/135 5'8" 42 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD-11/11 to present (LC-5/11-11/11)
I almost cried when I ate an orange for the first time...

I remember the first time I ate pizza (REAL pizza), and my son said, "You're really going to have some? Yay!"

We really enjoy our family outings together now!!

Enjoy all your new found food loves!
mattsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmama View Post
I almost cried when I ate an orange for the first time...

I remember the first time I ate pizza (REAL pizza), and my son said, "You're really going to have some? Yay!"

We really enjoy our family outings together now!!

Enjoy all your new found food loves!
I remember a time (but don't quite remember the topic of discussion)when I suggested somebody just have an apple or an orange. This was on the Main Lobby, and you would have thought I'd suggested they eat some arsenic! I still laugh about that. And I still enjoy fruits regularly.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I remember a time (but don't quite remember the topic of discussion)when I suggested somebody just have an apple or an orange. This was on the Main Lobby, and you would have thought I'd suggested they eat some arsenic! I still laugh about that. And I still enjoy fruits regularly.
Funny but even when I was LC I still loved fruits and ate tons of berries in the summer, cantaloupe and on occasion pineapple and peaches. I can't imagine not eating fruit. but man can I remember some heated discussion on the main boards about it lol

Last edited by SillverOrchid; 01-10-2012 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: cause I AM the Typo Queen! lol
Old 01-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
You know the biggest thing so far is that an up day is an up day and not an extended binge marathon. In the past I'd do low carb very well for several months, then one unfortunate slip up would cause me to go way off the deep end, I'd snap out of it WEEKS later swimming in empty pizza boxes, candy wrappers, covered in cookie crumbs and melted ice cream. OK not really but you get the picture, there was no stopping the carb monster once it was woken up. The fact that I constantly felt deprived on low carb meant that when it was time to "cheat" it was a CHEAT. I mean why do it half assed when you can go all the way to crazy town right! I like that this seems to not happen here. I ate a small poutine last night for supper. And that was that because it's not the last one, I don't have to abstain forever, it's great.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
You know the biggest thing so far is that an up day is an up day and not an extended binge marathon. In the past I'd do low carb very well for several months, then one unfortunate slip up would cause me to go way off the deep end, I'd snap out of it WEEKS later swimming in empty pizza boxes, candy wrappers, covered in cookie crumbs and melted ice cream. OK not really but you get the picture, there was no stopping the carb monster once it was woken up. The fact that I constantly felt deprived on low carb meant that when it was time to "cheat" it was a CHEAT. I mean why do it half assed when you can go all the way to crazy town right! I like that this seems to not happen here. I ate a small poutine last night for supper. And that was that because it's not the last one, I don't have to abstain forever, it's great.
So true! When I did go off it was chocolate, some chips and more chips.. chinese food ( rice, sushi rolls etc things were told are no nos on lc) ice cream now and then.. and it would last from Friday to Monday when in shame I would head back to the low carb grind.. I think if it works for you great! But i was getting so stressed out and gaining even when following to a T. I have not obsessed once today over anything! What a nice change to know nothing is off limits, yes I have to portion control but I am OK with that
Old 01-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Oatmeal has turned out to be one of my favorite things I've added back in. I hadn't eaten it in eight years! Now it's a DD staple for me, with SF Pancake Syrup and a dash of Almond Milk. Yummy!
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #20

Quote:
I loved your post and the picture you painted here! LOL

You really nailed it when you stated that an Up Day is an Up Day.. not an extended binge marathon. And I think when it actually *clicks* in people's heads, they just settle down and completely relax and know that they don't ever need to binge again, because they can have anything in the world from here on out, forever. On Up Days. Well, even on DDs if they can settle for just a little. Ha. There just isn't any need to binge anymore. You don't need to binge it, you can just have it.

I even still remember the first time I realized I didn't need to feel at my DH for eating all the rest of the Peanut M & Ms on my DD. It just didn't matter. I could buy more M & Ms every day for the rest of my life! I didn't have to *hoard* anything anymore. Wow! That was such a freeing revelation!
Old 01-11-2012, 08:36 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
WOW!!! Can I EVER relate to this!!!
Thank God those days are OVER!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:58 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NoelleSilvia
Stats: H267/S260/C254/T200
WOE: Modified LC
Start Date: August 2012
I was looking for a thread like this... I'm currently on Atkins/LC and I've seem to hit a plateau. I was doing well for a few months until I had a few cheat days and had Chinese food, chocolate, tiramisu... And I can't seem to get my weight down, no matter how low my carbs are. The past 2 weeks my weight has been bouncing up and down.

I am reading up on JUDDD right now, because I don't have a problem keeping my calories down (I usually stay around 900-1,000 with an occasional 1,100), but I do miss fries, bread and chocolate. It's hard to believe you can have all of that on an UD. I think DD won't be too hard for me because I often don't even feel hungry during the day at all. And I can't seem to be bothered to up my calories more, because I just don't get hungry.

Noelle

Beating my addiction to the scale
NoelleSilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:06 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Hi Noelle!

I wondered when you would find JUDDD. It seems like your kind of party - wild and crazy yet carefully controlled at the same time.

Cooooome to theeee Dark Side!
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:56 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
haha yes come over we have COOKIES!
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:25 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

I likez ze cookiez *gets all teary eyed*
Old 01-12-2012, 06:26 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Seriously though, I feel great doing Atkins and I think I would love to maintain on this plan but I still have some weight to lose and with Atkins, that ain't gonna happen... Maybe I should try it for a week or 2. I have nothing to lose except for some weight!

Last edited by NoelleSilvia; 01-12-2012 at 06:27 AM..
Old 01-12-2012, 07:37 AM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Noelle!! Welcome to the dark side, oops, I meant JUDDD, of course! If you have any specific questions or concerns, feel free to start all the threads you want. We're glad to help in any way.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:51 AM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome, I am former atkins and loving it!
Old 01-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sjoy76
Stats: 223 / 162.5 / 145
Quote:
So true! When I did go off it was chocolate, some chips and more chips.. chinese food ( rice, sushi rolls etc things were told are no nos on lc) ice cream now and then.. and it would last from Friday to Monday when in shame I would head back to the low carb grind.. I think if it works for you great! But i was getting so stressed out and gaining even when following to a T. I have not obsessed once today over anything! What a nice change to know nothing is off limits, yes I have to portion control but I am OK with that
I could have written exactly what you said! I am de-lurking because this seriously almost made me cry. I have been on Atkins for over 10 years and was starting to get depressed and bored and fell into this cycle about 6 months ago and keep gaining and losing the same 10 pounds. Now I am on day 6 of JUDDD and I feel like I am FREE!!! I haven't lost anything yet but it is also my time of the month so I am thinking that might be contributing. Also my body getting used to processing carbs again. Oh and I did go hog wild on my first UD.

Thanks ladies!
sjoy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #30

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjoy76 View Post
I could have written exactly what you said! I am de-lurking because this seriously almost made me cry. I have been on Atkins for over 10 years and was starting to get depressed and bored and fell into this cycle about 6 months ago and keep gaining and losing the same 10 pounds. Now I am on day 6 of JUDDD and I feel like I am FREE!!! I haven't lost anything yet but it is also my time of the month so I am thinking that might be contributing. Also my body getting used to processing carbs again. Oh and I did go hog wild on my first UD.

Thanks ladies!
I think you're going to love it and have great success. Just the fact that you haven't gained during TOM and changing your eating is great! Isn't it amazing to be able to eat what you want and maintain and even lose weight? I love JUDDD!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote