Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sjoy76
Stats: 223 / 162.5 / 145
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I think you're going to love it and have great success. Just the fact that you haven't gained during TOM and changing your eating is great! Isn't it amazing to be able to eat what you want and maintain and even lose weight? I love JUDDD!
Loving it!!

BTW, love your picture
sjoy76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Thanks, we're a pretty crazy family.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SillverOrchid
Stats: Highest weight 214\209.5/180/155
Start Date: May 13 Restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjoy76 View Post
I could have written exactly what you said! I am de-lurking because this seriously almost made me cry. I have been on Atkins for over 10 years and was starting to get depressed and bored and fell into this cycle about 6 months ago and keep gaining and losing the same 10 pounds. Now I am on day 6 of JUDDD and I feel like I am FREE!!! I haven't lost anything yet but it is also my time of the month so I am thinking that might be contributing. Also my body getting used to processing carbs again. Oh and I did go hog wild on my first UD.

Thanks ladies!
I was getting depressed too and then mad at myself because the scale kept going up after all that hard work then there was guilt and it was a vicious cycle. So glad Im not on that roller coaster anymore! Glad your unlurking!
SillverOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:31 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sjoy76
Stats: 223 / 162.5 / 145
Thanks, I am feeling good and in control and NOT DEPRIVED!
sjoy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
I'm on day 12 now, well 11 I guess, I'm not counting Jan 1st since that would have been a free day, but Jan 2nd was a down day so I guess technically I could pretend I started on the first, that's certainly easier for figuring out how many days it's been!

Whew ok, what I am meaning to say is that this has been great. At this point in any plan the honeymoon period is over and it is SO not over, I still get excited every up day. And I'm excited every down day too because well, that's what makes the scale move! It's 3pm and I haven't eaten yet today (down day!) and I'm NOT going crazy. I'm fine with it, I really am, honestly! And there is no deprivation, nuh uh. I am not good at delayed gratification, but it's just a day, I can do a day! Anyone can do a day. So far I have allowed myself a treat on every up day, something that's not really what you'd call nutritious but that keeps me feeling like I'm not on a diet. And so far it hasn't made the scale go UP so it's a success for me right now.

The best part though, is that my husband is ACTUALLY following the diet with me. I have tried everything in the past with him, Atkins (can't live without potatoes or bread!), Weight Watchers (doesn't want to count points!), The Zone (too many rules!), South Beach (too much planning!), blah blah, all huge fails. But this is easy enough for him, he isn't strictly counting calories because he has a lot less than me to lose, but he is restricting his down days to about 700-800 calories. And he also isn't counting calories on up days and doing more like free days, but he doesn't overeat so this is OK for him. Anyways point being, he's actually not whining or complaining about this, because it's just a day. If he feels deprived he for sure won't stick with it and so far he's stuck with it, so that's a win for me!
Old 01-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
I'm on day 12 now, well 11 I guess, I'm not counting Jan 1st since that would have been a free day, but Jan 2nd was a down day so I guess technically I could pretend I started on the first, that's certainly easier for figuring out how many days it's been!

Whew ok, what I am meaning to say is that this has been great. At this point in any plan the honeymoon period is over and it is SO not over, I still get excited every up day. And I'm excited every down day too because well, that's what makes the scale move! It's 3pm and I haven't eaten yet today (down day!) and I'm NOT going crazy. I'm fine with it, I really am, honestly! And there is no deprivation, nuh uh. I am not good at delayed gratification, but it's just a day, I can do a day! Anyone can do a day. So far I have allowed myself a treat on every up day, something that's not really what you'd call nutritious but that keeps me feeling like I'm not on a diet. And so far it hasn't made the scale go UP so it's a success for me right now.

The best part though, is that my husband is ACTUALLY following the diet with me. I have tried everything in the past with him, Atkins (can't live without potatoes or bread!), Weight Watchers (doesn't want to count points!), The Zone (too many rules!), South Beach (too much planning!), blah blah, all huge fails. But this is easy enough for him, he isn't strictly counting calories because he has a lot less than me to lose, but he is restricting his down days to about 700-800 calories. And he also isn't counting calories on up days and doing more like free days, but he doesn't overeat so this is OK for him. Anyways point being, he's actually not whining or complaining about this, because it's just a day. If he feels deprived he for sure won't stick with it and so far he's stuck with it, so that's a win for me!
Loved reading this! WTG for both you and your DH!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #37
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post

this! My DH is JUDDDing with me too. It's so great when you can share with your spouse. It's so much easier that way.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nelle Belle
Favorite thread...EVER.
Nelle Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
I love this thread Tonight I baked an apple pie and my stomach is growling. It smells so good. I will be eating it in the morning with vanilla ice cream on top. I have eaten so many crazy delightful things and I totally feel thrilled with this way of eating. There has been no burnout like I had with low carbing.
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post
I will be eating it in the morning with vanilla ice cream on top.
Best breakfast EVERRRRRRR.
Hazelsmrf is online now   Reply With Quote