Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
The true caring is amazing. Yep, I am back to my usual irritatingly cheerful self today. And, I adore ALL of you!!!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2012, 04:53 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
Sending hugs and prayers. I know exactly what you are going through and you will get through it.
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:11 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sedona
Stats: 228/189/155 (5'7")
WOE: Mod Carb / JUDDD
Start Date: 12/26/2011
Life is always very unexpected.... that I've learned the hard way. My mother had breast cancer with excellent prognoses - however, 18 months later, she went to the ER and learned she had another kind of cancer and it was in every part of her body. She died the day after her 50th birthday - 16 years ago.

My sister was merely 32 years old (in 2005) and had an unexpected asthma attack and her heart stopped – she was dead before she got to the hospital.

Now, I’m taking care of my 87 year old grandmother, who has outlived the both of them combined, in my home. She has congestive heart failure, which is what it sounds like with your grandfather. Your grandfather is only dealing with his 1st hospitalization with this right? My grandmother has had 7 hospitalizations in the past 12 months and there have been many days I thought she was going to pass but bounced back. What I am saying is that he can live a long time with CHF. It is important for him to check his oxygen levels, pulse rate and weight, daily. He also needs to ensure he takes those fluid pills per doctor’s order – but hon, he can live a while with CHF. In fact, the average is 1.4 - 5 years - my grandmother has superseded that beyond all expectation. My grandmother had a heart attack in 1985 that killed 1/2 her heart and her LVEF is below 35% now but she keeps going!!!

Nobody knows what tomorrow brings - even with a CHF diagnoses.

Personally, I think to live to be 87 years old is a miracle in itself. Of course I'm sure my grandmother and your grandfather would disagree....

Last edited by Sedona; 01-13-2012 at 08:13 AM..
Sedona is offline   Reply With Quote