Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: avecrain
Stats: 240/197/160 (5'10, age 22)
WOE: juddd; DD 500 / UD 2400
Start Date: september 5, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
I fasted yesterday and had only 1 T SF coffeemate in my tea, several cups of tea, which I guess has calories, but I don't count those on days that I actually eat. lol Do you think you're going to do this as your general thing for DDs? I don't have a plan yet. It did feel good though, and I don't think it was any harder than eating 500 cals. I guess I'll decide in the morning since tomorrow's a DD.
jayne, i think so. i like that it gives me a bit more wiggle room on UDs (which have always made me feel the guilt because i don't really mess up/go over on DDs generally) and i really think it's easy. like you said, not any harder than keeping it under 500 (or 418, my DD numbers). i don't feel hungry at all--when i want to eat, i feel like it's more me missing the routine of eating at least 3 times a day that i have kept for my whole life. you know? but i like having an empty belly, and i've been having a cup of chicken broth from an hour-hour and a half before bed, and i haven't had any trouble sleeping at all. my main issue is being cold, but the hot water bottle is my best friend! i see you've been doing some 0 calorie days! that's awesome. i wish you tons of luck, but also the freedom to try something else if the fasting isn't fun and doesn't make you feel good anymore (i am also giving myself this freedom, that's why i mention). i have gone through so many different DD eating phases on this plan, and no guarantees this will stick, but i like it for now!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Yes, I think I will just take it day by day, but I'll be shooting for zero calories. Last night I had to eat because I had an insulin reaction, but I still kept to my DD calorie limit, so it's all good. I don't seem to have any trouble sleeping, either, which is surprising. I was waking up all night hungry after my first DD when I was actually eating. But I guess I've adjusted.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Avery

I am FREEZING too!!!!! Can not get warm on my DD and walk around the house with a hat on. We keep the house on the cooler side because my kids are always hot. Saves on oil So I walk around with a hat sweatpants sweatshirt and sit with a blanket. I should buy one of those hoodie foodies they advertise!
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:43 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Moderate carb JUDDD
Start Date: February 2010
I did my DD today as a total fast. My dinner last night was around 7:30, I got through today by sleeping late and being at work most of the day helped too. And I won't be getting up early tomorrow either so as long as breakfast tomorrow is after 7:30, and that's the game! It wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be either. Wasn't really hard at all.
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:51 PM   #65
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonica View Post
I did my DD today as a total fast. My dinner last night was around 7:30, I got through today by sleeping late and being at work most of the day helped too. And I won't be getting up early tomorrow either so as long as breakfast tomorrow is after 7:30, and that's the game! It wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be either. Wasn't really hard at all.
Going to be fun to see the reading on the scale dial in the morning!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
WTG, Demonica! I'm excited to try this again tomorrow, too.

And JKat, I'm sitting here knitting some heavy weight wool socks for around the house because I'm just freezing all the time. (I'm obviously also reading the JUDDD board. And I'm supposed to be studying. )
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:04 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NoelleSilvia
Stats: H267/S260/C254/T200
WOE: Modified LC
Start Date: August 2012
I think I could do this. And I think I will, tomorrow. Drink broth, tea and water all day long. Can't be bad for you?!
NoelleSilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Moderate carb JUDDD
Start Date: February 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Going to be fun to see the reading on the scale dial in the morning!
Actually it was UP a little bit.
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #69
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonica View Post
Actually it was UP a little bit.
LOL Welcome to JUDDD!

I've never followed any eating plan that produced so many fluctuations in my weight in my life, and especially BIG fluctuations.

At first, it's scary. Then it's disappointing. Then it's maddening. And finally, it's *eh.. whatever*.

And still, we lose weight and we lose weight and we lose weight. It just sometimes takes a little while 'til it seems like it's actually headed in the right direction.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:30 AM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
There are medical conditions that make fasting impractical or downright dangerous.

However, for a body not under that kind of stress, as long as you keep yourself very well hydrated, every organ in the bod (especially the GI tract) appreciates a day off. Hydrated fasting has a huge anti-inflammatory effect (run some internet searches if you are curious).

I have progressed to fat-fasting 500 DD calories - almost all in liquid form. I keep a few pieces of chopped, pre-cooked chicken to throw into broth if my tummy demands something to eat. It does not take much to shut said tummy up.

In terms of losing weight, I am still on track at about 2 pounds a week. In terms of: is anything good coming of this? All my life I have had ugly pouches under my eyes. I've tried so many things to reduce/tighten them and nothing worked. Well, after a few days of liquid DDs, they are shrinking like crazy - I am, oh, so happy!

Spoiler warning: giving your GI tract a day off allows it to do some internal housekeeping (very like a detox), AND - at least for me - the first UD meal needs to be light and small, or I get a "what are you doing to me?????' tummy ache.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
About half of my DD's are complete fasts with just beverages (water, diet soda, tea).
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
I am trying to work up to this but so far I've failed, I last until 6:30 or 7pm and then I need food! Tonight at 7pm I had a cup of soup and some laughing cow cheese wedges. I was still ravenously hungry so I came back an hour later for some pickles, ham cubes and tuna salad. Now I'm finally OK, but I went from 0 to 400 calories all in the past 4 hours.
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:13 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gharkness
WOE: RNY Gastric Bypass 02-02-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
I am trying to work up to this but so far I've failed
I would caution you against feeling like you are some sort of a "failure" for not taking JUDDD a step further than the actual requirements. Doing a total fast on a DD is not required, and it's not necessarily even "better."

In his book, Dr. Johnson mentioned that one of the great things about his diet is that limiting one's DD calories to around 500 has the same effect as a total fast for that day, in terms of activating the gene that makes this all work.

Remember, we are not in competition for how little we can eat on our DD's. For those that can handle it and that want to do a total fast, then that's fine, but they are in no way dieting "better" than you. Remember also that many people have a great deal of difficulty limiting their intake to the 500 calorie limit on a DD - at least at first - and you are handling that with no problems, so instead of feeling bad, congratulate yourself!

You're doing fine!
gharkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:51 AM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Totally agree G. And I hope all we are doing here is sharing experiences on an interesting variant of DD. Each of us is so unique, there should never be competition between us. The premiere point is, while feeling a level of hunger is alright and weight loss is the goal, nobody should ever feel weak, shaky, ill, or anything bad on DD.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:17 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/157/155 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gharkness View Post
I would caution you against feeling like you are some sort of a "failure" for not taking JUDDD a step further than the actual requirements. Doing a total fast on a DD is not required, and it's not necessarily even "better."

In his book, Dr. Johnson mentioned that one of the great things about his diet is that limiting one's DD calories to around 500 has the same effect as a total fast for that day, in terms of activating the gene that makes this all work.

Remember, we are not in competition for how little we can eat on our DD's. For those that can handle it and that want to do a total fast, then that's fine, but they are in no way dieting "better" than you. Remember also that many people have a great deal of difficulty limiting their intake to the 500 calorie limit on a DD - at least at first - and you are handling that with no problems, so instead of feeling bad, congratulate yourself!

You're doing fine!
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:29 AM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gharkness View Post
I would caution you against feeling like you are some sort of a "failure" for not taking JUDDD a step further than the actual requirements.
I don't feel like a failure, I was just stating that I have failed at doing a total fast, which is true That's far from saying that I personally feel that I'm a failure, my down days are fine!
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
Bump
CarolinaCoast is offline   Reply With Quote