Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wine2
Stats: 5'7 53 y.o.189/175/165 (size:14,12,10)
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 12/26/11
This cracks me up... tonight when I entered the 600 cal for DD into ************.com and it stated:

"If every day were like today... You'd weigh 168.2 lbs in 5 weeks"

AND, I'd be one grouchy person!!!! LOL

BTW, no fasting for me, I like my 600 cals!

Last edited by Wine2; 01-10-2012 at 07:25 PM..
Wine2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine2 View Post
This cracks me up... tonight when I entered the 600 cal for DD into ************.com and it stated:

"If every day were like today... You'd weigh 168.2 lbs in 5 weeks"

AND, I'd be one grouchy person!!!! LOL

No fasting for me, I like my 600 cals!
That's if your metabolism hadn't been triggered to slow down to the pace of a slug by then!

Enjoy your 600 calorie DDs, Beth. LOL and your UD tomorrow.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wine2
Stats: 5'7 53 y.o.189/175/165 (size:14,12,10)
Start Date: 12/26/11
You betcha...egg, cheese on toast for UD breakfast in the morning!
Wine2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
I don't think I could pull off the total fast thing! I had my lowest DD ever at 265 and I feel pretty blaaah. I admire the people that can do it!

When I was a teenager, I would do all day fasts quite often. One time I went 4 days without eating and I was taking Mexican diet pills. Baaaad I know.
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:57 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
That Old JUDDD Magic! It does not take fasting - and many of us cannot fast safely. Instead, DDs of calorie restriction and UDs of calorie-counting are enough to turn our bodies into healthy, fat-burning machines.

And, if we can fast then the weight loss and health benefits might happen faster.

Either way, we win.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:00 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Joedi,

Acid reflux is horrible. During an attack, I am not sure if I even qualify as being sane.

But, now that Prilosec has been around for awhile (and really helped people like me), unpleasant and potentially dangerous side effects are being to emerge for long-term users (like me).

I am using digestive enzymes (taken even if I don't eat anything solid) to wean myself off. Down to one a day from two.

I encourage you to run some internet searches on GERD to check out the various potential options.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:52 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/170/155 5' 8"
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
I was thinking about doing a total fast for my DD today, but I made a sweet potato soup last night that smells amazing - and the ENTIRE THING is only 500 calories, so.....I'm going to try black coffee all day and looking forward to some fab soup this evening for a lowish DD. On the other hand, I'm not judging myself if this plan doesn't quite work out.
Alcestis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:02 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post
I was thinking about doing a total fast for my DD today, but I made a sweet potato soup last night that smells amazing - and the ENTIRE THING is only 500 calories, so.....I'm going to try black coffee all day and looking forward to some fab soup this evening for a lowish DD. On the other hand, I'm not judging myself if this plan doesn't quite work out.
Yum! That sounds like a recipe we need to see in our Down Day Recipe thread sticky at the top of the page. Would you be able to take a few minutes and post it for us? I'll bet there are others who would appreciate trying this one. It sounds wonderful and a perfect addition to either Up or Down Days.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:20 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori-s
Stats: 176.8/148.9/150 - 5'10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I do hope you will be able to get your UD calories up shortly, both from the standpoint of nutrition amounts to care for your health, since we are cutting so much nutrition amount by not eating, we have to make sure we actually do eat nutritionally well on our UDs to make up for it. Doesn't mean a lot, necessarily, but very nutritionally dense.

You said you have recently had some issue with weight loss slowing, and though you are close to goal, that really shouldn't be the reason since I believe your calories are still very much in the weight loss range. I believe this is from a slowing down of your metabolism because of those low Up Day calories too, combined with your DD fasts. I'm afraid you are triggering your metabolism slowdown by not even getting enough on UDs, so metabolism is slowing in response. I do know that it will usually pop back up pretty well after a protective/defensive slow down like this, at least if it operates like it is supposed to, but for so many of us who had sluggish metabolisms to begin with (else why would we have ever got so fat to begin with?) our metabolisms don't ever pop back up quite as well.

If you can increase your UD calories a bit better and keep the fasting/feasting cycle pounding your metabolism up, up against the UD calorie ceiling every other day, I think you may be delighted in the long run to find you have lost the weight quickly without sacrificing any metabolic function for your maintenance. But I'm a worrier, so maybe I worry too much. Since most of us have somewhat poor metabolic function to begin with, I just don't want any of us to trash that function even more as we lose the weight, intoxicating as fast weight loss can be. Woo Hoo!

You are doing a fabulous job with JUDDD, by the way, and you are inspiring me to try some full-day fasts too, which I've never done. Uhhhh..... we'll see how that goes.
Thank for for the compliments. I too worry about the nutrition and metabolic rate since I haven't been getting close enough to my UD cals lately. I stand corrected when I said that I count everything calorie wise as I do take supplements and don't count them towards my calories. But, of course getting nutrition from supplements is not the preferred way to do it and I am hoping that things slow down enough shortly that I can get back to hitting my UD numbers very soon. I definitely notice the difference in weight loss between when I'm hitting those numbers and when I'm not.

My schedule right now has worked out where my eating window for the day is somewhere between 6:30pm (if I'm lucky) and 8-9pm so it's difficult getting all my calories in during such a short time period. I eat a lot of high calorie foods quickly. But, that should change here soon. Until then I'll just do the best I can and know that I'll feel a lot better about it when I'm hitting my JUDDD magic numbers.
Lori-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:26 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori-s View Post
Thank for for the compliments. I too worry about the nutrition and metabolic rate since I haven't been getting close enough to my UD cals lately. I stand corrected when I said that I count everything calorie wise as I do take supplements and don't count them towards my calories. But, of course getting nutrition from supplements is not the preferred way to do it and I am hoping that things slow down enough shortly that I can get back to hitting my UD numbers very soon. I definitely notice the difference in weight loss between when I'm hitting those numbers and when I'm not.

My schedule right now has worked out where my eating window for the day is somewhere between 6:30pm (if I'm lucky) and 8-9pm so it's difficult getting all my calories in during such a short time period. I eat a lot of high calorie foods quickly. But, that should change here soon. Until then I'll just do the best I can and know that I'll feel a lot better about it when I'm hitting my JUDDD magic numbers.
You are certainly not alone when it comes to noticing better weight loss when UD eating is up there close to the UD calorie number, well.. as long as that number is set correctly for the individual. LOL

And your schedule sounds like it's so busy, it's I always call that *like living in a whirlwind.* Hope your life settles down a bit shortly. Have a great day.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:26 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Quote:
I have fasted every DD since November 9th. I stop eating by 7:30pm on UD, have a black coffee at 5am DD morning and have a diet swiss miss at 8pm DD evening. That gives me a full 24 hours with essentially no calories (black coffee doesn't count when fasting from what I have read) and then 25 cals after the 24 hour period. I really don't need the diet swiss miss but, it's become a sort of ritual.

I started JUDDD at 500 DD cals because I was worried that I couldn't do the 340 that the calculator gave me. I had 470 cals my first DD, 3 something my second DD and only 2 something my third DD. I didn't eat until around dinner time as I've always been a late eater. I like to joke it's because I was born at 7:27pm so I've always had breakfast for dinner syndrome. I found that when I eat I turn on the hunger so not eating keeps it turned off.

The biggest drawback for me has been that I have such appetite suppression that I have trouble making my UD cals unless I have breakfast which I don't always have the time or inclination to do. Also, I noticed that the bounce on the scale is more dramatic for me. I believe it is becasue there is such a large difference between the two days caloric intake. My UD = 2400 DD (counting everything) = 27.5.

Obvious benefits? I don't have to even think about what I'm going to eat on DDs ... makes it very convenient and of course inexpensive. And I have lost a total of 19lbs since Nov.1 JUDDDing. This comes after I stalled on VLC after just the initial water weight loss. I eat anything and everything I want on UDs and so far have done well doing it with no symptoms of sensitivity, weight stall or gain. I can't speak to the benefit of living longer .... yet

I love JUDDD and now that I am thinking about how I will maintain, I am considering giving up my fasting DDs as I will need more cals to maintain and certainly won't be adding anymore to my UDs. I just can't eat that much!

I've had some issues recently with weight loss slowing. Some may be because I am at goal weight but part is because I have been so busy these last 2 weeks that I haven't had time to eat to my UD cals during the week. I've been WAY under and a couple of days only made it to around 800 cals (not good for me). I've noticed I just sort of bounce in a small window of weight during the week but on the weekends when I can make my UD cals is when my weight drops.

Sorry so long winded and have to run. Hope that gives you some of the info you were looking for.
So Lori your fast is more like 36hours right??except for the swiss miss at 8pm.
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karen925
Stats: 192/mid 120's maintaining; 5'8", 49 yrs
WOE: low calorie low carb/JUDDD
Start Date: Oct 2009 low calorie/low carb
I do 1 and at most 2, 24 hour fast each week on my DD. I follow Eat Stop Eat pattern, so every day I eat something but my fasting window goes from 6 pm one night to 6 pm next night.

Great thread.
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/154/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
I have got to about 8pm on just white coffee....about 80-100 calories...but if I dont eat, I get the most awful acid reflux...which gets worse at night...even on 450-500 cal DD's I still often get acid indegestion when I lie down!
Also...I get very hungry!
Anyone found any way around this?

hugs
Jo
I don't have any advice for the long term, but a safe treatment for the symptom is 1 teaspoon of baking soda in some water. I have GERD and I used to take rolaids by the handful and at times I've taken prilosec and something else. But I don't want to take something like prilosec if it's not an everyday thing (used to be but these days more like once a week, which I credit to low carb and weight loss). Baking soda works so much better for me than rolaids and I don't think it has any calories, or at least no sugar. It's salty, but I'm not afraid of salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post
Oooooh, I would love the recipe!

I'm actually thinking of trying it today after all. lol Mostly because I'm going to be out all day and I don't want to have to worry about feeding myself. I'll be home around 8:30 and I have a back up meal in mind, jic. But if I get home at 8:30, lights off for the kids by about 9:45, and I'll be asleep. We'll see.

ckd support group thread

gynema thread

high fat, moderate protein, very low carb, intermittent fasting
I have walked 162 miles since April 1.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:48 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
Quote:
Maybe try a mug of hot broth, and a mug of hot plain tea, and the white only of a hard boiled egg. That will be quite a bit of stomach filling bulk, at least for a bit, plus a few calories and most of that will be from protein, and very, very low calories, and maybe that will do the trick!
I also eat dill pickles on DDs. The burst of flavor really fills my mouth, and cuts any hunger I have.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/170/155 5' 8"
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Quote:
Yum! That sounds like a recipe we need to see in our Down Day Recipe thread sticky at the top of the page. Would you be able to take a few minutes and post it for us? I'll bet there are others who would appreciate trying this one. It sounds wonderful and a perfect addition to either Up or Down Days.
Good thinking, Pat. I just added it now! Oh, just to clarify, the actual recipe is 400, but with my tweaks (which I mention in my post on the recipe thread) I rounded it up to 500.

Last edited by Alcestis; 01-11-2012 at 10:10 AM..
Alcestis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: avecrain
Stats: 240/197/160 (5'10, age 22)
WOE: juddd; DD 500 / UD 2400
Start Date: september 5, 2011
Today is my 2nd DD in a row ending at a <40 calorie fast (all liquid, tea and broth). I reaaaaally like it so far, and will be doing way more of these.
avecrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by avecrain View Post
Today is my 2nd DD in a row ending at a <40 calorie fast (all liquid, tea and broth). I reaaaaally like it so far, and will be doing way more of these.
It's pretty amazing, isn't it?!!! Never in my wildest dreams would I have believed my appetite would be so under absolute control as it has been transformed by JUDDD. And on UDs, to be able to eat anything I choose and yet not have any desire to overeat is amazing.

I don't know what it is about the program, although I suspect the fasting aspect is responsible for the normalizing of our appetites and relationship with food. I'm still amazed.

Congratulations on how very, very well you have done with your JUDDDing. I'm so pleased you have arrived to the point of finding fasting not only easy but enjoyable. Yay!
Old 01-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avecrain View Post
I fasted yesterday and had only 1 T SF coffeemate in my tea, several cups of tea, which I guess has calories, but I don't count those on days that I actually eat. lol Do you think you're going to do this as your general thing for DDs? I don't have a plan yet. It did feel good though, and I don't think it was any harder than eating 500 cals. I guess I'll decide in the morning since tomorrow's a DD.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
I fasted yesterday and had only 1 T SF coffeemate in my tea, several cups of tea, which I guess has calories, but I don't count those on days that I actually eat. lol Do you think you're going to do this as your general thing for DDs? I don't have a plan yet. It did feel good though, and I don't think it was any harder than eating 500 cals. I guess I'll decide in the morning since tomorrow's a DD.
I will be having a DD tomorrow, and I will definitely fast until evening. I drink plain iced tea during the day and find it completely satisfies me.

Then in the evening, I'll decide, depending on lack of appetite, or whether I am feeling hungry, which I doubt will be the case.

I'm interested in whether this will allow me to have even *freer* UDs while still holding my maintenance weight, of whether there will be some weight slippage.

The biggest thing, though, is.. that I truly enjoy the peacefulness of the fast, and feel so clear-headed from it, and so good physically.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:32 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
you know, i was doing some figuring. i was one that early on was fasting all day and eating one evening meal on my DDs...in the 400-450 cal range. then i accidentally fasted all day one time and liked that so i was aiming to do that. i added up the amount of calories i would be deficient at the end of the week if i did 3 total fast days a week and it came up to 5475 cals that i would not be eating (based on my regular 1825 maintenance cals) divide that by 3500, the amount of cals in a pound and that's only a loss of 1.56 lbs a week. if i did 495 cals on 3 DDs a week that would be loss of 1.14 lbs a week. i don't know...it seems like for only 0.42 extra pounds with total fasting DDs just doesn't seem worth it to me...so i am going to go back to eating 3 meals a day on my DDs....mentally, i think it's better for me anyway.
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:59 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think the most important things are to respect DD calories and eat whatever ensures each of us will be energetic, feel good, and not feel too hungry/deprived.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 01-13-2012 at 05:02 AM..
Old 01-13-2012, 05:28 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori-s
Stats: 176.8/148.9/150 - 5'10"
For myself, I don't fast for the weight loss but, for the added health benefits. Weight loss is just an additional woo hoo that comes along with it. And I started fasting simply because that's what my body preferred and it fit my lifestyle as well. On fasting days I feel great, light, clear, energetic and it's one day where I don't even have to think about food, counting anything or weight. I have to think about so many other things that's it's a nice little no-brainer for me.
Lori-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:12 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
I find that at the end of most of my DDs, I'm really tired and have little patience. But especially my Thursday DD comes after two days in a row of getting up at 5:30 instead of 7:30, and not getting as much sleep. So I can't tell if the tiredness is from true sleepiness, or lack of food. *shrug*

Either way, I'm sticking with food for DDs for a while more. I may play around with full fasting once in a while, but can't see it becoming a habit for me at this point.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:16 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by synger View Post
I find that at the end of most of my DDs, I'm really tired and have little patience. But especially my Thursday DD comes after two days in a row of getting up at 5:30 instead of 7:30, and not getting as much sleep. So I can't tell if the tiredness is from true sleepiness, or lack of food. *shrug*

Either way, I'm sticking with food for DDs for a while more. I may play around with full fasting once in a while, but can't see it becoming a habit for me at this point.
Do what works the best for you and keeps you feeling the best. I do think that the ability to fast, and then the interesting fact of truly feeling GOOD from the fasting comes to you after being on JUDDD for some time anyway.

There is absolutely no need to fast on JUDDD, and the very low calories of our normal DDs are quite sufficient to make this plan work.

Hope you are feeling well.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:50 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
A LONG time ago I actually tried doing this. I fasted every other day and ate whatever i wanted in between. I lost like 10lbs in a week...Why in the world i stopped I can't remember though..
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:02 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by wastednuffime View Post
A LONG time ago I actually tried doing this. I fasted every other day and ate whatever i wanted in between. I lost like 10lbs in a week...Why in the world i stopped I can't remember though..
Sometimes our *All or Nothing* attitudes kick in, and then if you got tired of doing absolute fasting, you might have not even thought to just allow a small number of calories on those fasting days.

I can see myself deciding I didn't want to have to fast anymore, and just quitting the whole thing. Luckily, actually being on a plan that directs the rhythm of fasting and feasting, gives me an allowance of DD calories to use up or not, as I choose. So if I don't complete a total fast, I can just have supper instead of quitting the woe totally.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:06 AM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
For me, I think it would be very rare that I complete an entire day without calories. I wouldn't be able to sleep that night, so I'd have to have something in the late evening.

I've found that the feel-good benefits of fasting kick in around 15 hours or more, and it keeps going even if I have lower calorie foods (the other day I had 350 calories and the good effects were still in my body after that). It was only when I had a large FD meal in the evening of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans - probably 700 calories all at once, that the pleasant body feeling left. So I think I'm getting good stuff out of a shorter fast too, even when that fast includes some calories.

Even so, every now and then I do a real DD (where normally I switch back to starting FD on the evening of a DD and do a whole FD the next day too). On the real DD, I try to keep to 500 - 700 calories for 36 hours.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
For me, I think it would be very rare that I complete an entire day without calories. I wouldn't be able to sleep that night, so I'd have to have something in the late evening.

I've found that the feel-good benefits of fasting kick in around 15 hours or more, and it keeps going even if I have lower calorie foods (the other day I had 350 calories and the good effects were still in my body after that). It was only when I had a large FD meal in the evening of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans - probably 700 calories all at once, that the pleasant body feeling left. So I think I'm getting good stuff out of a shorter fast too, even when that fast includes some calories.

Even so, every now and then I do a real DD (where normally I switch back to starting FD on the evening of a DD and do a whole FD the next day too). On the real DD, I try to keep to 500 - 700 calories for 36 hours.
I may be misunderstanding, sophiethecat, but you aren't doing the fasts/Down Days of JUDDD, are you? Not the 36-hour period of JUDDD with only DD calories to sustain during that fasting period, right? Or was that earlier that you allowed yourself some low cal meal and some high cal meals within the single day? I'm not sure.. LOL

Last edited by SoHappy; 01-13-2012 at 08:11 AM..
Old 01-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
I may be misunderstanding, sophiethecat, but you aren't doing the fasts/Down Days of JUDDD, are you? Not the 36-hour period of JUDDD with only DD calories to sustain during that fasting period, right? Or was that earlier that you allowed yourself some low cal meal and some high cal meals within the single day? I'm not sure.. LOL
I'm mostly doing MUDDD, but I've modified it some to make it even more decadent, lol. (leave it to me)

I normally have a DD until 5 - 8 p.m. That means, little calories all day or up to 700 in one meal or something, and then I start FD eating that evening between 5 - 8 p.m. The FD continues the entire next day until bed, when I start the DD portion again the next morning.

I try to have a real 36 hour JUDDD DD at least 1 x week. I almost had one earlier this week but I think I ended up at like 900 calories. I may go for the real DD today though.

Also, even if I wake up and it's a full FD, often times I won't start eating until noon or early afternoon. So I'm still getting a minimum 14 hour fast, and sometimes up to 20 hour each day pretty much.

sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I will be having a DD tomorrow, and I will definitely fast until evening. I drink plain iced tea during the day and find it completely satisfies me.

Then in the evening, I'll decide, depending on lack of appetite, or whether I am feeling hungry, which I doubt will be the case.
Good luck today!

Quote:
For myself, I don't fast for the weight loss but, for the added health benefits. Weight loss is just an additional woo hoo that comes along with it. And I started fasting simply because that's what my body preferred and it fit my lifestyle as well. On fasting days I feel great, light, clear, energetic and it's one day where I don't even have to think about food, counting anything or weight. I have to think about so many other things that's it's a nice little no-brainer for me.
I have a feeling the weight loss wouldn't be that different whether I have 500 calories or no calories on my DDs. I know this is funny to say, given that I'm doing a calorie-based plan, but I really don't believe in calories in calories out. When I first started doing my 24 hour fasts, I lost a couple of extra pounds at first and then my weight loss went back to its usual 2 pounds per week that I was losing around that time.

For me, I think its more about feeling good while I'm doing it and also feeling like I *can* do it and that I'm in control. For so many years I felt out of control with food and it's awfully liberating to feel like I can happily go without for a day here and there. I am also hoping that there are health benefits. And even if all that longevity stuff doesn't come to pass, it's great for my blood sugar.