Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Wine? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/753006-wine.html)

SillverOrchid 01-09-2012 07:07 PM

Wine?

On an up day is that ok? DH and I really enjoy a glass or two and I know I will miss it :cry: if I have to give it up completely :laugh: Someone tell me its ok as long as I count the calories? I'll even weigh to make sure it's 4oz!:love:

sophiethecat 01-09-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SillverOrchid (Post 15313138)
On an up day is that ok? DH and I really enjoy a glass or two and I know I will miss it :cry: if I have to give it up completely :laugh: Someone tell me its ok as long as I count the calories? I'll even weigh to make sure it's 4oz!:love:

It's OK! :jumpjoy: Enjoy! There are no forbidden drinks or foods on JUDDD! :jumpjoy:

Beeb 01-09-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Sure it's OK!! Everything is "OK" when you figure it into your UD calories. There are NO limitations here on food, only the ones YOU don't want to eat/drink.

Bottom line? Have the wine and enjoy a glass for me, too! Just figure it into your calories for the day, my dearest JUDDD BUDDD!

SoHappy 01-09-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Yup, completely OK. JUDDD doesn't care what you eat and drink.. only that you respect and hold to your calorie ceilings.

We don't seem to *stall* as much on JUDDD as you read about over in the Main Lobby, so all those foods that seem to stall people there don't seem to cause many problems over here. As long as we count the calories. LOL

If it truly causes you a problem, you can always drop wine drinking, but I'll bet you won't have any troubles from it.

Enjoy!

SillverOrchid 01-09-2012 07:28 PM

:love::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: sorry still in the LC mind set! Everything is bad.. :stars::hyst: NOT anymore!:love:

SoHappy 01-09-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SillverOrchid (Post 15313195)
:love::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: sorry still in the LC mind set! Everything is bad.. :stars::hyst: NOT anymore!:love:

LOL! No, lots of good stuff in this world, and it's entirely up to you what all of it you want to taste, eat, enjoy.

Just pay attention to your calorie ceilings and respect those numbers. JUDDD can work what seems like miracles. We call it the JUDDD Magic. It's pretty fun.

MintQ8 01-10-2012 12:04 AM

The amount you're suggesting is fine! I have to be careful at parties - even when I have the calorie limit - because a hangover demands fuel!!

gotsomeold 01-10-2012 03:19 AM

I love the different pinots!

Read other posts, Kristy. Some people manage to keep their DD calories so low they can savor a glass of wine even on their DDs. (I can't. I am so susceptible to alcohol that even a sip on a low cal day would probably have me dancing with a lamp shade on my head. :stars:)

Quite a different world you find yourself in, isn't it? :jumpjoy:

KeirasMom 01-10-2012 05:35 AM

I drink wine most UDs and have had no issues. I really enjoy my Chardonnay! :stars:

I also have quite a few calories to "spend" since I'm bigger, which results in, you guessed it, extra WINE!

Just make sure what you're drinking falls within your calories and you'll be golden. I sure do :heart: JUDDD.

SillverOrchid 01-10-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15313210)
LOL! No, lots of good stuff in this world, and it's entirely up to you what all of it you want to taste, eat, enjoy.

Just pay attention to your calorie ceilings and respect those numbers. JUDDD can work what seems like miracles. We call it the JUDDD Magic. It's pretty fun.

So different from what I am used to! :love: but I can get used to this! :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MintQ8 (Post 15313445)
The amount you're suggesting is fine! I have to be careful at parties - even when I have the calorie limit - because a hangover demands fuel!!

I don't tend to drink to that point especially during the week.. thats not to say it hasnt happened!:o:cool: but I will be careful!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 15313521)
I love the different pinots!

Read other posts, Kristy. Some people manage to keep their DD calories so low they can savor a glass of wine even on their DDs. (I can't. I am so susceptible to alcohol that even a sip on a low cal day would probably have me dancing with a lamp shade on my head. :stars:)

Quite a different world you find yourself in, isn't it? :jumpjoy:

I am a huge Pinot Noir fan, and I love Pinot Grigio :love:
and :hyst: @ dancing with a lamp shade I think on that little calories I would be next to you on the coffee table! :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15313781)
I drink wine most UDs and have had no issues. I really enjoy my Chardonnay! :stars:

I also have quite a few calories to "spend" since I'm bigger, which results in, you guessed it, extra WINE!

Just make sure what you're drinking falls within your calories and you'll be golden. I sure do :heart: JUDDD.

I will definitely keep within my calories, I so want this to work for me!:high5:

Chona 01-10-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

If it weren't, I wouldn't be on JUDDD. That simple.
Enjoy!:jumpjoy:

SoHappy 01-10-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chona (Post 15315412)
If it weren't, I wouldn't be on JUDDD. That simple.
Enjoy!:jumpjoy:

LOL

itsmeshelly01 01-10-2012 05:28 PM

I have been enjoying a 6oz glass on my UDs once in a while. I am loving that. Im about to have a glass right now. I like red zinfandel!

SillverOrchid 01-10-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmeshelly01 (Post 15315982)
I have been enjoying a 6oz glass on my UDs once in a while. I am loving that. Im about to have a glass right now. I like red zinfandel!

*cheers* Im having a glass of Pinot Noir!

KeirasMom 01-10-2012 08:00 PM

I'm happy to say I didn't hit my calories today and instead of just filling in with wine (which I often do happily) I added some fage yoghurt with raspberry preserves . . . . and wine!