Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: laceylady
Stats: 16w(210)/size 14(175)/size 12
WOE: LC -- again
Start Date: Jan 2012/restart May 2013/restart again Oct 2014
Rough one...

Both DH and I are on a DD today -- DH is over by about 95, and I'm barely over but feeling hungry. This was the hardest DD we've had so far. DH would have been a lot closer to his limit but he had to have his glass of wine. I would have done better without those 2 pesky pieces of gum!!! I'll have to go fill the teapot. It's gonna be a long night... But, tomorrow's an UD!! Life should be pretty good in about 24 hours!!
laceylady is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wine2
Stats: 5'7 53 y.o.189/175/165 (size:14,12,10)
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 12/26/11
I've never counted gum! Is your gum SF?
Wine2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Yep, it's Extra SF -- and it says 5 calories...
Old 01-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Early on, especially, there are some DDs that just seem to be hard! We'd call them *white knuckle days* but refusing to give in as much as possible pays off in the long run, as your tummy and brain settle into the new cycling calorie routine.

The only advice I can give is to eat well on your UDs to help fuel you through your DDs, like good suppers especially, and also plan foods for your DDs that seem to fill you up well. There's a lot of possibilities out there, lots of recipes on the Down Day Recipe thread.

Lots of us find it works better for us to hold off eating for as long as we can on DDs, as once we start eating that first time, the hunger gets triggered for the day. Some of us have found that it's easiest to just fast on fluids until suppertime, and then eat a real meal, one that comes in at about the right calorie number.

I know you're doing really well, and I have no doubt you'll continue to do a good job, both of you. It's just sometimes a little rough at the beginning. But tomorrow you will be enjoying a wonderful UD, and you'll remind yourself once again how amazing it is to be on a diet plan where you really only have to do the *diet* part every other day, and then you can relax and not be on a diet the rest of the days.

Last edited by SoHappy; 01-09-2012 at 07:10 PM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #5
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Early on, especially, there are some DDs that just seem to be hard! We'd call them *white knuckle days* but refusing to give in as much as possible pays off in the long run, as your tummy and brain settle into the new cycling calorie routine.

The only advice I can give is to eat well on your UDs to help fuel you through your DDs, like good suppers especially, and also plan foods for your DDs that seem to fill you up well. There's a lot of possibilities out there, lots of recipes on the Down Day Recipe thread.

Lots of us find it works better for us to hold off eating for as long as we can on DDs, as once we start eating that first time, the hunger gets triggered for the day. Some of us have found that it's easiest to just fast on fluids until suppertime, and then eat a real meal, one that come in at about the right calorie number.

I know you're doing really well, and I have no doubt you'll continue to do a good job, both of you. It's just sometimes a little rough at the beginning. But tomorrow you will be enjoying a wonderful UD, and you'll remind yourself once again how amazing it is to be on a diet plan where you really only have to do the *diet* part every other day, and then you can relax and not be on a diet the rest of the days.
I SO agree with everything Pat is saying, especially what I have in bold and I promise it DOES get easier most days, not all, but most.

There are days even now that I wish the day would be over by mid afternoon because I'm so hungry and the reason I'm hungry is because I don't think I ate as much as I should have on my UD or I just ate too many snacks and not enough "good" food like protein, veggies and good fats. I have learned this lesson the hard way and I try now to make sure my snacks are limited but my meals are nice and filling on my UDs.

It really does help for me, also to eat all my UD calories.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
..........There are days even now that I wish the day would be over by mid afternoon because I'm so hungry and the reason I'm hungry is because I don't think I ate as much as I should have on my UD or I just ate too many snacks and not enough "good" food like protein, veggies and good fats. I have learned this lesson the hard way and I try now to make sure my snacks are limited but my meals are nice and filling on my UDs..........
This is a good point, Linda. I really agree with it. For myself, I've learned to save snacks for my UDs for the most part. DD calories are too precious to do much snacking. I need to devote most of those calories to real food! I just don't think snacks are filling enough. So if I can plan a few leftover calories for the evening after supper, I might devote them to a snack, but that's about it.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

We've been eating really good, I think... last night we should have had something better to get our UD totals up a bit higher but that Pannatoni was calling our names!! We both had decent foods for today but we also had stressful days. Maybe that was part of it... I don't know. The tea water is heating so I'll be fine after my apple cider!!
Old 01-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceylady View Post
We've been eating really good, I think... last night we should have had something better to get our UD totals up a bit higher but that Pannatoni was calling our names!! We both had decent foods for today but we also had stressful days. Maybe that was part of it... I don't know. The tea water is heating so I'll be fine after my apple cider!!
Big group hug, guys! Hope the hot tea does the trick for you. Hang in there. Sorry this day was a stinker!
Old 01-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Pat -- tomorrow will be better!
Old 01-10-2012, 05:12 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gharkness
WOE: RNY Gastric Bypass 02-02-2007
Quote:
and also plan foods for your DDs that seem to fill you up well.
Great advice, plus: on your DD's be sure to save something for after dinner, or whenever you are the hungriest before bed....just make sure it's a good food, not junk....Oops, I see this advice has pretty much already been given.

'Tis a learning process, no?

Last edited by gharkness; 01-10-2012 at 05:13 AM..
gharkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:08 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharkness View Post
Great advice, plus: on your DD's be sure to save something for after dinner, or whenever you are the hungriest before bed....just make sure it's a good food, not junk....Oops, I see this advice has pretty much already been given.

'Tis a learning process, no?
We all seem to zero in on many of the same tricks for success, don't we!
Old 01-10-2012, 08:14 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wine2
Stats: 5'7 53 y.o.189/175/165 (size:14,12,10)
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 12/26/11
Yup...I found out the first DD that I needed to save something to eat before bed when I woke up at 2a.m. with my stomach growling; however, I went in the kitchen and had a cookie to shut up the monster so I can fall back asleep! I think that the "myth" that people are NOT suppossed to eat before bed had been my barrier initially cuz I definetly save at least 100 cals now.
Wine2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine2 View Post
Yup...I found out the first DD that I needed to save something to eat before bed when I woke up at 2a.m. with my stomach growling; however, I went in the kitchen and had a cookie to shut up the monster so I can fall back asleep! I think that the "myth" that people are NOT suppossed to eat before bed had been my barrier initially cuz I definetly save at least 100 cals now.
I wonder how all the rest of the beasts of the world possibly know how to eat correctly without being given all of these *rules* as to how to do it the right way? LOL
Old 01-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
The way I find works best to make my DD's easier is sticking to herbal teas, white coffee, a few sugar free sweets and a piece of sugar free gum....until about 6-7pm. (about 100 cals)
Then I have a huge salad/stir-fry with protein (about 200 cals) a little "desert" , gluc pudding or ff greek yogurt ( 80 cals)
and perhaps a diet hot choc (25 cals),
Then right before bed, I have a large bowl of oatmeal, made with 1/3 cup oatmeal, lots of water a splash of milk and some walden farms caramel syrup. I nuke it till really thick!
I find that holding off eating for as long as possible, then making sure I have something so filling right before bed keeps me hunger free till at least 11am the next day.
Just what works for me!
Hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
The way I find works best to make my DD's easier is sticking to herbal teas, white coffee, a few sugar free sweets and a piece of sugar free gum....until about 6-7pm. (about 100 cals)
Then I have a huge salad/stir-fry with protein (about 200 cals) a little "desert" , gluc pudding or ff greek yogurt ( 80 cals)
and perhaps a diet hot choc (25 cals),
Then right before bed, I have a large bowl of oatmeal, made with 1/3 cup oatmeal, lots of water a splash of milk and some walden farms caramel syrup.
Jo
x
That's EXACTLY what I do! I found that evenings and bedtime on DDs are my hardest, so I eat all sorts of fruits, veggies and proteins earlier in the day and they work very well.
Then at night I have a bowl of oatmeal or cream of wheat, and it carries me through til morning NO PROBLEM!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:01 PM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
For DD's I have found that morning coffee and eating my only meal at 2pm has worked out well. Hot tea in the evening if I want something. I do not eat after 7pm. Now I have only been doing this for FOUR DD's so not much experience behind what I am doing.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote