Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SillverOrchid
Stats: Highest weight 214\209.5/180/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 13 Restart
Seasonings?

Hi guys, getting my dinner ready and wondering what you use on your veggies? I thought about getting the butter spray? I am so used to LC and being able to put butter on cauliflower, guess Im going to have to get creative on my DDS
SillverOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I'm in a serrano chili phase right now, but I love spicy food. I've been adding them to almost everything.

I have the butter spray and use it sometimes, but it's nowhere near as good as butter.

Most people don't count their seasonings in their calories, but I do, so I think that's why I really like the peppers.

Oh, and I just bought mango habanero sauce from Buffalo Wild Wings. It's 40 calories per Tbsp, so not super low, but a little goes a long way. I'm going to try it on either tofu or chicken breast tonight if I have time to cook. I think a Tbsp mixed with the protein and maybe some brocolli or green beans stir fried would be just heavenly.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I'm in a serrano chili phase right now, but I love spicy food. I've been adding them to almost everything.

I have the butter spray and use it sometimes, but it's nowhere near as good as butter.

Most people don't count their seasonings in their calories, but I do, so I think that's why I really like the peppers.

Oh, and I just bought mango habanero sauce from Buffalo Wild Wings. It's 40 calories per Tbsp, so not super low, but a little goes a long way. I'm going to try it on either tofu or chicken breast tonight if I have time to cook. I think a Tbsp mixed with the protein and maybe some brocolli or green beans stir fried would be just heavenly.
Think I will get the spray, I have real butter but the calories in that are probably crazy lol Im not a huge fan of hot so will have to keep looking.. maybe misses dash seasonings? Half the fun is the hunt for something I can use!
Old 01-09-2012, 03:25 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillverOrchid View Post
Hi guys, getting my dinner ready and wondering what you use on your veggies? I thought about getting the butter spray? I am so used to LC and being able to put butter on cauliflower, guess Im going to have to get creative on my DDS
We go through pounds of sweet butter here, and I'm with you.. I love butter, and lots of it, melting on my hot veggies! But I solved my problem by only having those veggies that I was satisfied with just salt and pepper for my DDs. Or vinegar. I love steamed broccoli with just a sprinkling of salt and a bit of vinegar. Always have. So that's perfect for a DD veggie. But cauliflower, for me, needs to be buttery, so I save that for an UD. That sort of thing.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #5
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
You can get different flavors of popcorn seasoning (ranch, bbq, butter, kettle corn, parmesan herb, etc) that are around 5 cals per serving
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
I just eat steamed broccoli plain. I put salt and vinegar on my cucumbers.
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
We go through pounds of sweet butter here, and I'm with you.. I love butter, and lots of it, melting on my hot veggies! But I solved my problem by only having those veggies that I was satisfied with just salt and pepper for my DDs. Or vinegar. I love steamed broccoli with just a sprinkling of salt and a bit of vinegar. Always have. So that's perfect for a DD veggie. But cauliflower, for me, needs to be buttery, so I save that for an UD. That sort of thing.
I love lemon juice on veggies so might sprinkle some of that on..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
You can get different flavors of popcorn seasoning (ranch, bbq, butter, kettle corn, parmesan herb, etc) that are around 5 cals per serving
Oooo good idea! Thanks
Old 01-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
I was using some of this no salt season mix (which I added salt to) but now I have some McCormick perfect pinch vegetable seasoning.
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
I was using some of this no salt season mix (which I added salt to) but now I have some McCormick perfect pinch vegetable seasoning.
Thanks will try that too.. I found that lemon juice and a little Mrs.Dash Chili Lime seasoning was very yummy!